SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-11-13, 03:11 PM   #1
backer
Mate

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Default [REL]Wolfpacks relive v0.9I for "Destroyer Command" Released

How to Setup:
1, Install SH3 Game at first.
2, Upgrade versions to 1.4
3, Install JSGME
4, Put this software enter MODS folder
5, Use JSGME to set up this software
If the setup is succeeded, you will see the versions number is updated to Backer Fixed0.9I when you get into the game main menu。

In the game, please select "VIIB".

Press Ctrl + 1 2 3 4 can switch the torpedo tube,They are all kinds of depth charges(KGun/YGun/DCRack/Hhog)。
Press the space bar can be throwing depth charges,exclusive of Gun/Cannon view(hotkey conflict);
Moreover,at TDC, The torpedo range is projection distance,The AOB is Hhog radius(only Hhog ),The torpedo speed is number of projection(only DCRack),The torpedo depth*10 is DC's effective shot depth。

Successfully installed a new active sonar system。It is a professional anti-submarine sonar,It can detect underwater target。
With the help of the new active sonar,Players can easily find the angle and distance by an enemy submarine。

Add some tasks after load mod. "In the hands of enemy" is one of them.
In these two tasks, players could experience antisubmarine war.
For more details, see task Description.
If you can overcome them in gameplay settings:100% difficulty, let me know.

More features ,please players dig in the gaming experience.

thanks for them:
The game analysis and design:唐门不粘锅,IDA, 潇洒哥爱吃肉
Config data:FL-WOLF 1,U-47,U-322
Game test:U-0

Download URL:
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1Aa23N
or
https://www.mediafire.com/?7z2ayjz4p327utx

Game video:
http://www.tudou.com/v/ZQV7AoAmRlY/&...04_05_99/v.swf

The last version:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=206353

Backer
asm51@qq.com

A new version "Destroyer Command"(Multiplayer):
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...86#post2150586

Last edited by backer; 12-12-13 at 08:49 AM.
backer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-13, 04:50 PM   #2
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Looks promising

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-13, 11:26 AM   #3
padi
Officer

Downloads: 126

Nice. But the ASDIC needs to be modelled better. It is nearly useless and it's impossible to get the depth of the sub. And they are never using the depth. The maximum are 60-90 m.
padi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-14, 05:04 AM   #4
UncleBoomer
Watch

Downloads: 53

Good stuff Backer, this has given me serious reason to try multiplayer now
UncleBoomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-14, 04:51 PM   #5
fordman6658
Swabbie

Downloads: 264

Would be interesting to combine this great mod with the S-boot mod, and be able to get a wolfpack of S-boats to back up an attack on convoys
fordman6658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-14, 01:38 PM   #6
backer
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordman6658 View Post
Would be interesting to combine this great mod with the S-boot mod, and be able to get a wolfpack of S-boats to back up an attack on convoys
Of course!
My English is not good, I hope you can understand my poor English.
I made important changes for SH3.
I have modified the game engine and added support AI submarine code. now, in the sea with AI submarines as our teammates, or worst enemy.

1, Player can plan a effective wolfpacks war.
When you discover enemy, you have to press L key to lock the enemy, and then measure enemy’s course and channel, then press M key to send report。Notice: Wolfpacks report is very important, captain has to take in charge personally, can not let others to do so。Now, you are waiting for telegram reply.
In the game, headquarters will calculate enemy’s navigation route in advance by your report(enemy’s speed , route….), then headquarters will plan some other friendly warship of nearby the sea where we are at, to join this ambush.
In general , will be the friendly forces who can come to this ambush’s area in game time 24 hours. So, when enemy’s naval ships and boats is discovered by you, when their course of ship an speed is changed, at this time, if you want to plan a wolfpacks, you have to give notice to headquarters by telegram immediately for adjust tactics arrange.

2, What friendly forces will do ?
If they are warships, When they reach the ambushing area, they will start attack with no hesitation when they find out there are enemy in the region.
If they are submarines, they will starting dive when they are in the enemy’s region range(about 8km) , and then they will gradually close to enemy, then they will shoot torpedo when enemy’s distance and angle is appropriate. After shooting torpedo, the next round needs to measure and fill again, this process will cost about 20~120 seconds. If find enemy accidental when friendly forces’s submarines haven’t dive , they will use artillery and machine gun to attack enemy like warship do so , if angle and distance are not bad, they will shoot some torpedo occasionally.

3, Whenever and wherever, AI submarine will try to attack when enemies are found.( Reference by distance and Firing angle).

4, Campaign will have some submarine move around, player could try to start Wolfpack. bad news is the enemy also has submarines...

demo at here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=206353

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5, Players can drive an aircraft carrier, and airplane can take off.
demo at here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=206714

6, Players can drive the destroyer, and can use the depth charge anti-submarine.
Can even more interestingly, two players, a driving destroyers, another driving submarines, two sides fight.
demo at here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=209796
Old 08-20-14, 04:07 PM   #7
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

hello Backer,

sorry that i haven't tested your new version yet but real life is very pressing lately but i will do it with the first chance of free time that i will have !

your work is really promising for evolutionary things to hardcoded stuff for sh3 so keep at it my friend

don't give up , the reason that makes things very difficult for you here is the communication cuased from your bad english (i never managed to understand you) so better find a friend of yours,who knows english well enough, to represent you and present your work here and i am sure that the community will see big 'miracles' coming from you

all the best !

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-14, 09:30 AM   #8
backer
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
hello Backer,

sorry that i haven't tested your new version yet but real life is very pressing lately but i will do it with the first chance of free time that i will have !

your work is really promising for evolutionary things to hardcoded stuff for sh3 so keep at it my friend

don't give up , the reason that makes things very difficult for you here is the communication cuased from your bad english (i never managed to understand you) so better find a friend of yours,who knows english well enough, to represent you and present your work here and i am sure that the community will see big 'miracles' coming from you

all the best !
Thank you, my friend. You don't have to feel guilty, you've helped me a lot, I am very grateful to you.
We are lovers of the game, I do all of this is meaningful.
Now, in my lab, the game was I modified became similar SH3OL online, I will continue to work hard.
Old 04-02-15, 06:43 AM   #9
MS angevelu
Swabbie

Downloads: 152

hello Backer,

it's really a good job, I particularly appreciate your work, being myself an amateur SH vs DC Version.
In spite of some inconveniences, this version is playable it is the real pleasure that to see people who know how to have initiatives so innovative.
Of course it's easy to say that we wait the continuation
Old 04-03-15, 05:11 PM   #10
Tigershark624
A-ganger

Downloads: 134

I'm having an absolutely terrible time trying to download this. The link provided for the latest version takes me to a foreign language web page that's in some Asian language but provides no clue as to how to download the file. I've clicked on just about everything clickable without success. Can this file be posted to the Subsims download page, please, or could someone post a direct link to the file? Thanks!
Tigershark624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-15, 07:38 PM   #11
Plissken_04
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigershark624 View Post
I'm having an absolutely terrible time trying to download this. The link provided for the latest version takes me to a foreign language web page that's in some Asian language but provides no clue as to how to download the file. I've clicked on just about everything clickable without success. Can this file be posted to the Subsims download page, please, or could someone post a direct link to the file? Thanks!
ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/public/S...TYMODS/BACKER/

Username & Password in my Signature!!!

PS: Don't use Chrome or Safari for Download!

So Long

Maik
Plissken_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-15, 10:15 PM   #12
Tigershark624
A-ganger

Downloads: 134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken_04 View Post
ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/public/S...TYMODS/BACKER/

Username & Password in my Signature!!!

PS: Don't use Chrome or Safari for Download!

So Long

Maik
Many thanks. I'm a dedicated Firefox user, BTW.
Tigershark624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-15, 07:12 AM   #13
MS angevelu
Swabbie

it would seem that when we add the Kriegsmarine units the game crash , even stand alone units version ! an idea ?

The merchants and British Fleet units , no problem

on the Wolfpacks relive v0.9I , its impossible for me to play Wolfpack revive mission, the game crash ! only DC mode

Last edited by MS angevelu; 04-09-15 at 07:22 AM.
MS angevelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-15, 06:11 AM   #14
MS angevelu
Swabbie

hello everyone

I look for a way to respect the order of places in a multiplayer game, in fact, for now they are random, what a strong handicap when we wants to play more u-boat vs destroyer with this MOD.
u boat were in the convoy and destroyer scattered ! anything! lol!

I am sure that these instructions are either in .dll files or .act files.
But unfortunately even with all the software in my possession I can only exploit any, if someone has an idea.

If you want to play several on multiplayer on this mod, imperatively , turn off your radar upon arrival in game.

If you want to add English units or kriegsmarine, delete imperative in the mod NDD_Type34 file in the sea file.