SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-27-14, 08:20 AM   #346
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCQ_SH View Post
I mean that the first subfolder of any mod folder within your MODS folder should be a "Data" one....otherwise JSGME won't patch it at all.
@Icalibr8,
Exactly what LCQ_SH said. Check out signature link below. My JSGME thread is stickied in the fleet boat mods workshop, too.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 12:13 PM   #347
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Yep, many modders pack several separate mods into the file you downloaded, usually the main one and other optional choices.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 02:57 PM   #348
Icalibr8
Nub

Downloads: 34

Yup, you guys nailed it, rookie mistake . My old computer was slowly dying and I hadn't been able to play for over a year until it finally went kaput. When I got my replacement, I just restored my backup and went merrily on my way until I found Traveller's mod, downloaded it, uncompressed it, and... forgot to check for subfolders! Thanks again for the help.
Icalibr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-14, 09:20 PM   #349
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3219

I have a little problem with TMO 25 RSRDC plus Traveller mod: I have a CTD when loading museum. Rare, because all seems work fine and I can load the "impossible" OM museum. (I have enough machine for that).

Some help please?

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-14, 10:26 PM   #350
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Downloads: 298

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
I have a little problem with TMO 25 RSRDC plus Traveller mod: I have a CTD when loading museum. Rare, because all seems work fine and I can load the "impossible" OM museum. (I have enough machine for that).

Some help please?

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
You can load the OM museum? I bow to the power your computer contains.
Admiral Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-14, 06:09 AM   #351
Sinkmore
Shore leave

Downloads: 127
So far, so great

I've been playing TMO+RSRDC+OTC+Traveller for a day now. This is my favorite mod conglomeration so far. I feel I am approaching SH4 mod nirvana, and I haven't even finished a patrol yet. Much thanks for your hard work!

I have found two teensy problems, and I'm not sure where they came from, but the Traveller's mod is installed last, so I will say it here first:

Not:
1. I was getting surface radar contacts near Pearl in Dec.1941. I thought it was strange because my Gar doesn't have surface radar. (I confess I stole 500 renown to buy SD radar to start with!) The radar screens are dark and I cant turn em on - or off! I did not install the optional traveller SJ radar mod. I can live with it - maybe I have the experimental prototype, and it's so secret the captain can't turn it on, but my crew can use it to plot range and bearing... At least near Hawaii - heading for Bungo Bungo to try it out on Japanese merchants right now. Anyone else seen this? Any hints?
Never mind. I must have been drinking. This never happened again, so I assume I was mistaking air "convoy" contacts for surface ships, cuz I'd never seen an air "convoy" before.

2. I didn't see any ships at the firing range near Midway. (Visual or radar!)

As you can see I have major complaints so far!

Something else I might mention: I had a transparent crew for the first time after using TMO/OTC/Traveller. Previously I played about 2 months(?) using RFB+RSRDC with the same environmental FX graphics options, and I never saw it once, except with lighthouses (which are apparently bright at visible AND x-ray wavelengths). I looked it up and the conventional wisdom seemed to be that it was un-fixable except by disabling env fx, which surprised me since i saw it for the first time last night. Maybe RFB had a fix?

Similarly, i suffered the "howling wind inside sub and everywhere else" bug for the first time, today, also in TMO/OTC/Traveller, which I had also never "seen" in TMO, and for which the conventional wisdom also said, it's an unrepairable bug caused maybe by pausing(?). I paused plenty in all weather in RFB! Again, maybe RFB had a fix? Am I missing something in the forums?

Those two don't even count as problems, but I am curious about a solution anyway.

Any insights?

Also - will Webster's Close-up Sonar View (approximate name) work with my mod-pile? Without side effects? I can't function without it! I tried it, and it didn't CTD on launch lol... I'm just afraid it will mess up something "important".

Last edited by Sinkmore; 05-22-14 at 09:35 PM. Reason: correction re radar results
Sinkmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-14, 05:00 PM   #352
mobucks
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 209

the wind howling inside sub is caused on my computer by ALT-Tabbing out of the game. If I alt-tab out of the game while the game is paused, it happens 100% of the time. If I go to the sonar station UN-paused and alt-tab out, it never happens.
mobucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-14, 06:54 PM   #353
Sinkmore
Shore leave

Hmm, ok I'll try it from sonar and see if that helps.

The weird thing is, this never happened to me (in 2 months) using vanilla, or RFB+RSRDC - It just started happening (a lot!) with TMO+RSRDC+OTC+Traveller's.

I mention it not as a complaint but in the hope that it will help someone identify the cause / fix the problem. I'm pretty sure this didn't happen before. Same with the transparent crew.

I should also say, I'm on day 4 with TMORSRDCOTCTraveller, and even happier with it than before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobucks View Post
the wind howling inside sub is caused on my computer by ALT-Tabbing out of the game. If I alt-tab out of the game while the game is paused, it happens 100% of the time. If I go to the sonar station UN-paused and alt-tab out, it never happens.
Old 05-10-14, 07:05 PM   #354
Sinkmore
Shore leave

Default Btw

Regarding use of Webster's Close-up Sonar View (name?) with TMO/RSRDC/OTC/Traveller - it does seem to work, but the mouse-click doesn't turn the hydrophones anymore. Just an FYI. Meh, turns out I can play without it after all.
Old 05-11-14, 10:12 AM   #355
Sinkmore
Shore leave

Default Nukular torpedoes

OK, now I have a complaint.

Again, I don't know if it's the Traveller Mod doing this, but Traveller's is installed last, so I'll say it here first.

I'm running TMO+RSRDC+OTC+Traveller Mod (and loving it.)

1st patrol:

1st merchant target: two torpedoes, one dud, one cataclysmic explosion, instakill, ship splits in two, the bow section rotates 180 degrees in 5 seconds, pieces sink in 30 seconds.
2nd merchant target: two torpedoes, one mystery (deep runner?), one cataclysmic explosion, instakill, sinks in 2 mins.
3rd merchant target: three torpedoes, three hits, first one causes a cataclysmic explosion, instakill, sinks in 2 mins.
3rd merchant target: two torpedoes, one hit, cataclysmic explosion, instakill, ship splits in two, the bow section rotates 90 degrees in 5 seconds, pieces sink in 1 minute.

Am I just lucky?

Is that intended in the Traveller Mod? Or should I blame TMO or OTC?

Is there some way for me to tone it down a little? I love the big eye candy explosions, but not the one-shot-one-kill effect.
Old 05-11-14, 10:14 AM   #356
Sinkmore
Shore leave

That works! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobucks View Post
Old 05-13-14, 07:36 AM   #357
mobucks
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinkmore View Post
OK, now I have a complaint.

Again, I don't know if it's the Traveller Mod doing this, but Traveller's is installed last, so I'll say it here first.

I'm running TMO+RSRDC+OTC+Traveller Mod (and loving it.)

1st patrol:

1st merchant target: two torpedoes, one dud, one cataclysmic explosion, instakill, ship splits in two, the bow section rotates 180 degrees in 5 seconds, pieces sink in 30 seconds.
2nd merchant target: two torpedoes, one mystery (deep runner?), one cataclysmic explosion, instakill, sinks in 2 mins.
3rd merchant target: three torpedoes, three hits, first one causes a cataclysmic explosion, instakill, sinks in 2 mins.
3rd merchant target: two torpedoes, one hit, cataclysmic explosion, instakill, ship splits in two, the bow section rotates 90 degrees in 5 seconds, pieces sink in 1 minute.

Am I just lucky?

Is that intended in the Traveller Mod? Or should I blame TMO or OTC?

Is there some way for me to tone it down a little? I love the big eye candy explosions, but not the one-shot-one-kill effect.
I never had this behavior with my mod list. Wasn't using OTC though. Sure I had a few lucky shots here and there and a lot of duds but nothing like you're describing.
mobucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-14, 07:59 PM   #358
Sinkmore
Shore leave

Default Patrol report continued

So I sank 3 more ships, and finished the patrol. All three went down pretty quick, but more like 5-15 mins, and there were no more catastrophic instakills. So maybe I -was- just lucky?

Over 29,000 tons on my first patrol! And I didn't even get credit for another 4k ton ship I maimed, that sank (in 5-10 mins) due presumably to high waves.

Almost 60 days at sea, and no sign of the IJN - although plenty of aircraft.

I started a 2nd patrol. I'll try to keep track of further results.

----------------------------------

2nd patrol - still a couple catastrophic explosions, but few enough. A couple ships took ages to sink. Looks like I -was- just lucky lol.

Last edited by Sinkmore; 05-22-14 at 09:38 PM. Reason: re 2nd patrol
Old 07-10-14, 07:55 PM   #359
Traveller
Captain

Downloads: 89

Hello everyone. Due to several player requests, I've decided to release a small patch for Traveller Mod v2.6 that re-enables the ability to use sub hydrophones on the surface. It can be downloaded at the link below:

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/98bc4316

And if anyone wants to upload the patch here at Subsim, please feel free to do so.

Traveller

Last edited by Traveller; 07-10-14 at 09:13 PM.
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-14, 05:20 PM   #360
CNYBubblehead
Watch

Downloads: 73

Heya, all!

I'm just getting back into SH4 after a long absence, and I'm trying to get everything squared away using Traveller's mod, v2.6 Final for TMO (I'm also using RSRDC). I just have a few hiccups, so if I may....

3 quick questions, re: Traveller's mod, because I've read the documentation multiple times, but it's wholly possible that my brain just isn't comprehending something, or I have something out of whack.

1) I'm getting the museum CTD that fitzcarraldo reported with Traveller's mod 2.6 for TMO enabled. Any insight?

2) I saw in the readme that at one point Traveller's mod included a patch for Longer Sinking Times (the version compatible with TMO), but I didn't see it as an optional file anymore in the latest version of Traveller's mod, and I'm wondering I need to track down the compatibility mod that was included with an earlier version.

3) Am I correct to assume that, even though Traveller's mod has a patch for OTC, that if I'm using an aspect ratio other than the default 4:3 (gee, thanks, laptop that decides it wants to be 16:9!), I probably shouldn't use OTC with Traveller's mod? I haven't installed it yet because I wanted to get an answer to this question first, so I haven't tried it out to see what would happen.

Thanks, all! And thanks, Traveller, for such a comprehensive piece of work!
CNYBubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote