Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-10-10, 10:56 PM   #31
Pablo
Commodore

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 0

Added "Ail mods: Smoke, Clouds, Moon, Deckwave" by Ailantd

"...far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
- Theodore Roosevelt, speech before the Hamilton Club, Chicago, April 10, 1899
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10, 05:46 PM   #32
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Stickied in the main SH5 forum.
Old 03-13-10, 05:55 PM   #33
Safe-Keeper
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 11

What about adding the date of last upload to the title, too? Like "[REL] The Awesome Mod, (v1.0 6/10/2010)"?
Safe-Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10, 07:39 PM   #34
SOFBear
Swabbie

Downloads: 12

I just cannot say enough "thank you's" for the revised keyboard layout. Being able to use arrow keys to move the capn around while focusing boat management on the main keys has made this game MUCH easier to play. When I first installed the game I was looking for a way to remap the keys to this very thing. So again, thank you.
SOFBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10, 08:22 PM   #35
Pablo
Commodore

Added "Conning Tower Compass Fix"

Reorganized first post by different categories
Bug fixes
User Interface Annoyances
Environmental Annoyances

"...far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."

Last edited by Pablo; 03-14-10 at 12:03 AM.
Old 03-13-10, 08:42 PM   #36
Safe-Keeper
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 11
I agree, SOFBear, despite the fact that I'm still getting used to movement being tied to the arrow keys (which I don't necessarily agree with, since I keep my right hand on my mouse and my left hand near the left side of the keyboard, and have to move it every time I want to walk around), it's really turned SH5 upside-down for me. It feels so much more like Silent Hunter III now that all the basic orders are back, and it makes it actually possible to play with map contacts turned off (because you can ask your officers to track targets for you and then jot them down on the map using your marker).

If SH5's players can be seen as sub skippers, then the modders are the trusty mechanics, engineers and scientists keeping the u-boat weapon running and constantly improving upon the technology available for the war effort. The game's barely been released, and you've already done the equivalent of at least one big official patch! Like the others singing praises, I just can't thank you enough!
Safe-Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-10, 05:40 AM   #37
McBeck
Admiral

Downloads: 15

1 week after release and the TDC is back

I want to thank the modders for doing so much in such a short time.
I want to thank the devs for giving the modders the modders the tools and options

"I like subcommanders...they dont have time for bull****!"

Proud member of the Subsim army of zombies
Becks website
McBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-10, 09:40 AM   #38
Pablo
Commodore

Replaced "torpedo spread angle" mod with "TDC mod" since the new mod has all of the dials, not just the torpedo spread angle.

Old 03-14-10, 02:27 PM   #39
SloppyMk27
Mate

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 4
Thanks cranking out mods right away

Ubisoft did a half crappy job on the game and I wanted to thank all the modders out there for fixing the game and also adding the details Ubisoft left out. They really dropped the ball on this game. They added the ability to walk around inside the sub and interact with your crew members more and wiped out nearly all essencial functionality. I'm working on a few mods myself which I will release when they are finished.

Thanks Again Everyone for pitching in to fix Ubisoft's many many errors!
SloppyMk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-10, 03:34 AM   #40
Nico09
Gunner

Downloads: 45

Slightly off topic but relevant to MODS, can we install these with JSGME in any order or does it have to be a specific order?
Nico09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-10, 08:48 AM   #41
spf69
Watch

Downloads: 314
Default i have a problem installing mods on sh5

please help ive opend them wiv winrar not sure if thats the way ..now im stuck wiv were to file the mods never done this b4 could someone please help me..dont want to start with out them..
spf69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-10, 06:50 PM   #42
Pablo
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico09 View Post
Slightly off topic but relevant to MODS, can we install these with JSGME in any order or does it have to be a specific order?
Hi!

These mods should be installable with with JSGME, but they may not be compatible with each other. JSGME should tell you if a mod that you are installing is going to overwrite files from a mod that you have already installed.

If you have different mods altering the same files then you will have to reconcile the mods yourself (a "home-brew" version) or see if the mod authors are willing or able to make adjustments.

Pablo

Old 03-15-10, 06:53 PM   #43
Pablo
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by spf69 View Post
please help ive opend them wiv winrar not sure if thats the way ..now im stuck wiv were to file the mods never done this b4 could someone please help me..dont want to start with out them..
Your best bet is to go to the discussion threads for the mods that you have downloaded and seek guidance there. The first post of this thread has links to the discussion threads. Your best bet for installing them is to use the JSGME tool.

There is a tutorial for JSGME located here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163447

Hope this helps!

Pablo

Old 03-18-10, 10:39 PM   #44
Pablo
Commodore

Added "Electric Torpedo wake removal" by Wamphyri

Old 03-21-10, 04:57 PM   #45
Commodore

Downloads: 24

I ordered the game about 4 days ago, and this is a pleasure to see! Thanks to all the modders! Subsim.com loves you.
Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, features, mods, sh5