SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-24-11, 01:46 AM   #721
Ruby2000
Engineer

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Some of the hotkeys allow control to be selected also. Which hotkeys are you looking for control keypress required?
Hi TDW,

for example.
HeadingRudderKey = [ True, MenuKeyManagerWrapper.Keys.C ]
I would want to use Ctrl-C

I have a key-mod (for german) with follow structrure
only letter --> first priority order
Ctrl+letter --> second priority order
Shift+letter --> third priority order
http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/...409#7451085409

Is it possible to use NumPad-keys? If yes, can you give me the syntax.
Why is it not possibly to use the F-keys? These would be good keys for teleporting..

Have you seen this Post? http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=699

regards

Ruby
Ruby2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 05:29 AM   #722
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Those of you having CTDs - what OS are you using? 32bit or 64bit version? What video card?

Those of you not having CTD's - what OS are you using? 32bit or 64bit version? What video card?

I'm using Win7 64bit (8GB memory) with an nVidia GTX480 and have no problems what-so-ever

No CTDs with this rig

OS - Windows 7 Pro 64bit
GPU - XFX Radeon HD 5870 Crossfire 1GB GDDR 5

BTW - I kneel to the TDW for his admirable and devoted work giving us a continuously increasing experience of playing SH5!!!

// Silent Steel
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 10:36 AM   #723
longam
Admiral

Downloads: 26

Turned shadows to half in game - CTD went away for me

win7 64bit (dual core intel cpu)
4 GB ram
9800 GT w/512 mem
longam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 10:57 AM   #724
Giganto
Swabbie

Downloads: 34

Quote:
Those of you having CTDs - what OS are you using? 32bit or 64bit version? What video card?
[...]

[...]
I'm using Win7 64bit (8GB memory) with an nVidia GTX480 and have no problems what-so-ever

Having CTD's :

-Widows Vista 32 bit
-Intel Q6600
-4GB Ram
-NVIDIA GeForce 285 GTX (Tried both the beta and the common drivers to narrow the trial and error procedure)

EDIT: Going to test the Environmental Mod with the fix by itself the upcoming days. Lets see if I still get CTD's or not. Without using any other mods.
Maybe I try to add your TDW: FX and the UI and see what happens then. - Aborted due to your workaround

EDIT of the edit: Tried your 32-bit "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072" workaround and I managed to get past Kiel. Its an early testing phase, so lets see what happens once I get close to Wilhelmshaven and the British coastal shore lines - maybe even spotting a convoy. Keeping you up to date, if I still encounter any reproduce-able CTD's.

Last edited by Giganto; 01-24-11 at 11:51 AM.
Giganto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 01:48 PM   #725
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Hello,
can you change the environment mod, or remove it from the rest of the Opus Magnum mod for testing purposes ?
You spoke of an environment "fix" - what is this ?

Very strange, people with less Ram in their graphic cards have less problems or so it seems.

I am having CTDs and graphical glitches - I run SH V with the TDW "Opus Magnum" mod, the ".2 patch", "Grossdeutscher Rundfunk" and Trevally's "Range and speed" mod.
System is an Asus P5K board, e8400 dual core (2x 3GHz) proc., 4 Gb Ram (2x2 dual channel), an Nvidia 9800 GT with 1 Gb of Ram with latest driver; on Win 7 ultimate, 32 bit.

Thanks and greetings,
Catfish
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 01:57 PM   #726
strykerpsg
Loader

Downloads: 99

TDW,

First off, hats off to you for bringing all of these mods into one folder. Your work and the drop of DRM is the reason I recently purchased SH5. I do have a question though, it seems SH5 now takes a huge frame rate hit since installing the mods. Did anyone else find this happen to them as well? I have tried setting to medium and still much lagging. Are there any known fixes or solutions? Thanks

Matt
strykerpsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 03:53 PM   #727
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
TDW,

First off, hats off to you for bringing all of these mods into one folder. Your work and the drop of DRM is the reason I recently purchased SH5. I do have a question though, it seems SH5 now takes a huge frame rate hit since installing the mods. Did anyone else find this happen to them as well? I have tried setting to medium and still much lagging. Are there any known fixes or solutions? Thanks

Matt
Look into the included D3D anti-lag add-on mod
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 04:10 PM   #728
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
TDW,

Matt
Install the shadowLR mod which is in patch 2 and put shadows option slider halfway in game graphics option .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 04:41 PM   #729
longam
Admiral

Downloads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Very strange, people with less Ram in their graphic cards have less problems or so it seems.
I remember the Devs optimizing the game for 512 video memory during development, they were shooting for 256 until we proved that most have 512 for a minimum. Not sure if that would effect anything...
longam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 06:43 PM   #730
Akula4745
Convicted Ship Killer

Location: Just out of sight... plotting your course and speed
Downloads: 371
Uploads: 1

Ok, gents - I found a glitch (not that I was looking for one tho!). I ran out of torpedoes and decided to use the deck gun on several helpless merchants... but every single time I get a few rounds into them and they start to burn/blow up - the game freezes - locked up tighter than drum. Must CTRL + ALT + DEL to get out. I have repeated this exercise about 8-9 times with same result.

I thought it might be the shadows mod - checked both the low res version and the remove shadows mods from MO patch 2... no change. Since the game seemed to always freeze when the merchant went up in a fireball - I tried loading "Old Style Explosions V1.1" - and I seemed to make it further along with the game freezing when the red distress flare is launched. Additional checking showed it did not matter if the monitor was displaying the bridge view - or if I was looking at the chart screen... the game locks no matter what at some point during the merchant taking damage.

TDW - I have not tried your workaround because you stated: "Try this only if you have at least 2 GByte of RAM and at your own risk and using Vista/Win7 32 bit version." and I am running XP Pro (I have 4 Gb RAM).

Should I try the workaround anyway? Any other ideas? Below is my mod list (very minimal for testing):

[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
A Fistful of Emblems v1.51
Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1
Capthelms SH5 Audio Mod
Touch up for Capthelm's Audio
Arclight_MRP5.4
Patrol Routine Scripts v. 01.02 by AvM
SD_MapCourseLine_tiny_arrows_ocred
Old Style Explosions V1.1

Any help appreciated... love the mod so far!

"If you sit by the river long enough... the body of your enemy will float by -- SunTzu"

Last edited by Akula4745; 01-24-11 at 07:02 PM.
Akula4745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-11, 12:17 AM   #731
mobucks
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 209

any way to change the color of the lines/circles ect i draw?
mobucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-11, 05:02 AM   #732
Azixx
Swabbie

Downloads: 35

only new here... tried several other mods but I would really love to get this Mega Mod working.

Im just wondering if the Environment mod is the culprit for my crashes... but that doesnt explain why I sometimes go to port and find EVERY SINGLE UI (Sh3, SH4 and Enchanded SH5) loaded up all at once on top of each other! (never changed anything - prefer the Enchanced UI over stock or previous)

So I tried running the game with just Environment 5.0, TDW UI, BARF and Steelvikings internal mod and the game still crashes....

funny thing is I removed the Environment Mod 5.0 and replaced it with another Environment mod (SH5EnvModGold) - doesnt seem like it does half of what the other Enviro mod does but I havent had a crash yet. Going to try Magnum Opus with this other Enviro mod over the top... probably wont fix the problem....

Just wondering if there is a chance someone could state what the normal Environment 5.0 changes in Magnum Opus so I could try the MO without the enviro mod altogether....

EDIT - tried it with SH5EnvModGold - seemed a bit better. Starting a new campaign I could only get past sinking the first ship before the game crashed. Funny thing is... this mod works absolutely perfectly during Historical/tutorial missions.... for some reason the campaign just doesnt like the Magnum Opus mod on my system.....

Last edited by Azixx; 01-25-11 at 05:57 AM.
Azixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-11, 08:36 AM   #733
Giganto
Swabbie

Downloads: 34

Hey Azixx,

Try to read TDW's usefull posts on page 48. I do hope he adds this stuff to the first post as some sort of CTD-FAQ and how to fix it.

I bet you run a 32-bit system and his fix should solve the CTD's. At least it did for me. And that is the main reason for posting.

I never encountered a CTD since the 32-bit fix.
Yesterday I played 1 hour and today I was able to play 2 more and even encountered convoys.

Regarding your multiple UI's:
It sounds like you messed up the activation procedure with the JSGME. That always happens to me when I fiddle around with mods and when there is a compatibility issue.
Giganto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-11, 09:06 AM   #734
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Hi TDW !

Is this Problem here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=699

true and can you verify it, and when yes, gives a solution for that ?

Best regards,
Magic
Old 01-25-11, 09:25 AM   #735
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby2000 View Post
HI TDW,

the problem was/is, the foldername for SH must be "Silent Hunter 5". If you made a copy from SH5 (for tests) with the foldername"Silent Hunter 5 MO" for example, your Mod is not running correct. (no rec-manual, no radio messages, the values in the hud are wrong and so on...) Because you create these files

- PageChalkBoard_Draggables.TDW
- Pagelayout_Draggables.TDW
- PageTDC_Draggables.TDW
- PageTutorial_Draggables.TDW
- ScopeSettings.TDW

always in the "Silent Hunter 5" folder, not in the starting Game-root.

Only to the Info!

A question for the radio messages.
Please, can you explain to me, the 5th value in the radio messages. (After TimeEnd).
Which value can I include and what do they cause?
Thanks.

regards

Ruby
The radio messages columns are:

Date (Begin Transmision)
Time (Begin Transmision)
Date (End Transmision)
Time (End Transmision)
Message Type ( 0 = transmit once , 1 = transmit until received )
Retransmision Interval (minutes)
From
To
Message content

I query this key 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Ubisoft\\Silent Hunter 5\\GameUpdate' in your computer's registry to find the path to the game. If you were to make multiple installs of the game then the one that you are currently using should be renamed to the first installed time. That will avoid any problems of not finding files or any of the .TDW files that the mod needs.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote