SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-03-08, 11:37 AM   #136
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas
Dont know if this happen to everyone, but sometimes the Deck view is in wrong angle to one side or other very annoying, well i fix this waiting until the horizon is straight and press b (binoculars) and quick press F4 to go back to deck and done .
If I understand you correctly... Try only clicking once at the Watch Officer, then deselect him and viola, your bridgeview should be normal again...
Old 05-06-08, 04:21 PM   #137
Mittelwaechter
The Old Man

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0

Get you some command chains!

"Shift+A" to man the Flakguns, order aiming at any incoming aircraft and open fire over long distance?

Here we go:

Add < Key0=0x41,Cs,"shift+A";FlakCombo > to the following commands in (C:\Programs)\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Cfg\Com mands_en.cfg:

[Cmd419], [Cmd423], [Cmd426], [Cmd427], [Cmd431]

Now change text of [Cmd419] with text of [Cmd431] to start the command chain with manning the Flakguns and to end it with "Fire at will!"

Looks like this: ( the < ; > tells the game to ignore the line!)

[Cmd419]
Name=Man_the_flak_gun
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F2D0003
Str=2945
Key0=0x41,Cs,"shift+A";FlakCombo

;Name=AAGuns_Fire_at_will
;Ctxt=1
;MnID=0x3F180006
;Str=1063
;Key0=0x41,Cs,"shift+A";FlakCombo

[Cmd423]
Name=AAGuns_Long_range
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F18000A
Str=1067

[Cmd426]
Name=AAGuns_Aim_any
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F18000D
Str=1070

[Cmd427]
Name=AAGuns_Closing_targets
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F18000E
Str=1071

[Cmd431]
Name=AAGuns_Fire_at_will
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F180006
Str=1063

;Name=Man_the_flak_gun
;Ctxt=1
;MnID=0x3F2D0003
;Str=2945
;Key0=0x41,Cs,"shift+A";FlakCombo

A watchofficer on duty may unleash hell with a "Shift+A" to answer an "Aircraft spotted!"

Now get you some command chains, my dotcomrades!

Enjoy!

10 happy wolves rear 90 blinded, ensnared sheep. 90 happy sheep banish the wolves.

Arrest the 1% - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ6hg1oNeGE
Mittelwaechter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-08, 12:31 PM   #138
Teh_Diplomat
Helmsman

Downloads: 2

When you're in External/Free Camera Mode (F12) if you hold down SHIFT while using the Arrow Keys your camera moves much more rapidly. This is useful when you want to see a close up of your hit from a target far away, or want that awesome photo from a distant target.

Edit: Additional point.

If youmanually set your rudders to 10 degrees port or starboard you will turn without any decrease in speed.
GWX 2.1 w/ SH3 Cmd + OLC2

Last edited by Teh_Diplomat; 05-13-08 at 09:44 PM.
Teh_Diplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-08, 02:43 PM   #139
popcorn2721
Gunner

Downloads: 17

I just wanted to add one shortcut I didnt see in the list. CTRL+F11 will snap a screen shot without having to past it into a graphics utility. The Pictures can be found in the SilentHunter III installation file (not the sh3 documents file). This is the same place the aforementioned series of snapshots are placed when you hit shift+F11. I only mention this cause Ive seen allot of folks mentioning using other utilities to capture screenies.

GWX2.1
GWX3.0
Uboat Commander 3.2
Life Boats final
Torpedo Damage final

Silent Hunter 4
...more on that later
popcorn2721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-08, 10:56 PM   #140
Der_Boogeyman
Nub

Location: z.Z. stationiert in Kiel, Deutschland. (Currently stationed in Kiel, Germany)
Downloads: 0

Grußkameraden,

This is more of a hack, but I love it because of the immersion level;

When you press shift and F2 to walk freely around the inside of the command room, point up the ladder at the con hatch and go straight through to access conning tower. Same about coming back down the ladder.

You have to go through a second or two of darkness so, careful though, you could end up in a place the game can't render and have problems.

But to go up and down the ladder to the conning tower makes the sub feel larger and more accessible.

BTW, I am using GWX 2.1 and open hatch mod if that has something to do with it.

SH3Cmdr313, JSGME 2.0, GWX 2.1, OLCE2 (special GUI), TSPv3, converted FUBARSVIIC U552, Op. Spinnennetz.

(z.Z. im Hafen @ Kiel)

"There are no roses on a sailor's grave, No lilies on an ocean wave, The only tribute is the seagulls' sweeps, And the teardrop that a sweetheart weeps."
Der_Boogeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-08, 01:23 AM   #141
Go4It
Engineer

While holding the ctrl an then the left/right arrows key will let you strafe left or right in free view.
Go4It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-08, 10:11 PM   #142
Greystone
Sparky

Downloads: 135
Default Battery charge, scope targeting triangle, night I.D.

Been playing for years, but only just discovered:

That I can charge batteries while surfaced and sitting still with engines apparently off. Tell the chief engineer to go to charge mode, go to command room and you'll see the starboard engine charging the batteries, with about 400-odd rpms showing on the engine tach. Easy to miss, since there's no sounds of a running engine. Put it on time acceleration and you can see the battery charging.

When viewing a target at extreme range through the scope or uzo, like when there's only smoke showing on the horizon, and the little targeting triangle won't show up, place the crosshair over the target's smoke and press L; the targeting triangle will appear. At that distance, it normally doesn't stay long, but long enough for you to get distance, speed, type of vessel and go to the TDC chart to get a look at your relative positions.

Approaching a vessel at night and can't make out it's flag 'cause it's so dark? This only works if you're employing the stealth meter (noise meter). Surface, or keep surfaced, and accelerate toward the vessel; if the stealth meter remains green regardless of how close you approach, it's either a neutral or an German ally.

Last edited by Greystone; 09-06-08 at 10:38 AM.
Greystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-08, 05:15 PM   #143
JHuschke
XO

Downloads: 32

What button do I need to press to enable Racerboy's pennants on his flag&pennants mod?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=122224
JHuschke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-08, 07:22 AM   #144
JuanCudz
Watch

Downloads: 17
Default Torpedo spread 101-GWX

As my calculator doesn't have sines and cosines I thought I'd share some elementry geometary with you folks. In torpedo control window, zoomed in, the protractor goes out to 1500 metres.
Therefore the circumfrence of this circle is
2*pi*r = 2*3.142*1500 metres = 9426 m
Now if 360 degrees 0f arc= 9426 metres
Then 1 degree of arc =9426/360= 26.2 m (approx)

This means that a 2 torpedo spread with angle of 1 degree, fired at a target 1500 m away will have a horizontal distance of 52.4 metres between them at point of impact.
(I now believe that a 1 degree spread would be 26.2 metres, I thought it might be 1 degree either side of the aim point)

This can be extrapolated for longer or shorter shots
eg the same target and spread at 1000 metres would have 52.4 * 2/3rds or 35 metres between them.(As above replace 52.4 with 26.2)

What I remember of a 3 eel spread is that the centre eel hits the target at the aiming point with eels 1 and 3 either side of it, as detailed above. I need to go home and figure what a 4 eel spread would do.

If anyone wants to poke some holes in my mathematics, feel free.

"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Last edited by JuanCudz; 10-27-08 at 10:19 AM.
JuanCudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-08, 09:35 AM   #145
B.N.R.T.
Seaman

Downloads: 71

I don't know if this has been posted yet:

Having issues opening up multiple torpedo tube doors (as I had)?

Left click on the Weapons Officer station. Now move your view so you can see the indicators for the torpedoes with small switches beneath them.

Click these switches to open/close the torpedo tubes you want. Also handy for checking which tubes are already open/closed.

Keep in mind though that when switching tubes, they still have a tendency to close.
B.N.R.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-08, 04:09 PM   #146
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Change the indicator to 'spread'

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 10:03 PM   #147
Robert Fulton
Mate

Downloads: 2
Default Shortcut to conning tower

While on the bridge right clicking on the background (sky, sea, building, etc.) takes you down inside the conning tower. Then right clicking on the wall somewhere takes you down to the control room.

Kind of like a fireman sliding down the pole.

Thanks to all for contributing to this thread; much of value here.
Robert Fulton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-08, 09:37 AM   #148
Alex251
Nub

Downloads: 10
Question about navmap in traditional Geografic Grid???

Hi, mates
Sorry for my bad English! Just question - is the any possibility to see the traditional lines of the Geografic Grid in game navmap? Very often we can read radio msg like "" need support ... big convoy ... location is 34*14`N - 4*05`W, U-36"", but I coudn`t find this point, because all I had only map in German Navy Grid.
I tryed to find the solution through search forums and read a lot of threads, but...
So I would be very greatefull for some help or hints!
Happy New Year everybody!
Alex251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-08, 11:36 AM   #149
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex251
Hi, mates
Sorry for my bad English! Just question - is the any possibility to see the traditional lines of the Geografic Grid in game navmap? Very often we can read radio msg like "" need support ... big convoy ... location is 34*14`N - 4*05`W, U-36"", but I coudn`t find this point, because all I had only map in German Navy Grid.
I tryed to find the solution through search forums and read a lot of threads, but...
So I would be very greatefull for some help or hints!
Happy New Year everybody!
Most of the radio messages are just eye candy.

All the best matey.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-08, 09:53 PM   #150
blackarmor7
Bilge Rat

Hi guys! I´m really glad to have ended here. This is my first reply (and the first post i write in my entire life). I think this is really great and, of course, have been very helpfull to me. Just wanted to say hello.
One other thing, i´m an old bastard so if i write like a child it´s because mi language is spanish not english LOL but i trying to give it a try. Once again, hi to all.
P.D: It´s amazing how Setkeys have simplified my life... i barely use the mouse now and, the better part, my girlfriend thinks i´m writing or something not playin hehehe...

Manfred
blackarmor7 is offline   Reply With Quote