SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-10-17, 11:46 PM   #1
KapnCrunch
Swabbie

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default TLAM Strikes?

On the land strike missions, I'm firing the 10 TLAMs at the little circle on the map. They seem to be striking targets, fuel tanks and such. I leave the mission, but I'm getting a failure mission. What am I screwing up here?
KapnCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-17, 01:07 AM   #2
fhog
Swabbie

Downloads: 21

At least you're getting the circle on the map. The circle doesn't even show on my map. I'm starting to believe the cruise missile missions are bugged.
fhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-17, 03:00 AM   #3
Killerfish Games
Cold Waters Developer

Downloads: 0

Did all 10 hit targets? Were any shot down of collided with terrain in transit?
Old 06-11-17, 11:23 AM   #4
KapnCrunch
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish Games View Post
Did all 10 hit targets? Were any shot down of collided with terrain in transit?
They all struck targets from what I could see. As I mentioned, they struck mostly storage tanks and warehouse-looking buildings in a king of village-type setting. The briefing mentioned something about hitting an airbase or something along those lines, so not sure if those were the right targets; however, they were fired into the guide circle on the map and appeared to acquire targets right after. None were shot down for sure. There didn't seem to be any air defenses present.

I've had three of these missions so far on a single campaign since installing the patch 1.01 beta, which I started before doing that. Might have something to do with that. Will have to do some more research.
Old 06-11-17, 12:36 PM   #5
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

KapnCrunch!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-17, 09:07 PM   #6
KapnCrunch
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
KapnCrunch!
That's Kapn Horatio Magellan Crunch to you, sir!
Save
Old 06-14-17, 12:52 PM   #7
sagelink
Swabbie

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapnCrunch View Post
They all struck targets from what I could see. As I mentioned, they struck mostly storage tanks and warehouse-looking buildings in a king of village-type setting. The briefing mentioned something about hitting an airbase or something along those lines, so not sure if those were the right targets; however, they were fired into the guide circle on the map and appeared to acquire targets right after. None were shot down for sure. There didn't seem to be any air defenses present.

I've had three of these missions so far on a single campaign since installing the patch 1.01 beta, which I started before doing that. Might have something to do with that. Will have to do some more research.
I've had the same issue even after the patch. I'm going to try and see if maybe directing the TLAM to the ports will make a difference. I've followed every missile via the event cam to make sure they were hitting a target within the circle, which they all did, but I still got a mission failure. Again, I'll try launching at the ports instead to see if that makes a difference.
sagelink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-17, 01:21 PM   #8
VizlaN
Watch

Downloads: 99

Make sure there is 5 plumes of smoke coming from each port(Assume this is Arkhangelsk?) First time I did it I also got a failure even tho I fired 10 missiles, but I fired them in groups of 4 rapidly and distinctly remember counting 4 plumes of smoke from one of the ports. Second time around I carried a few extra and made sure to fire the missiles with at least 10 second spacing, and I fired 14 in total "just to be sure". That time it succeeded.
VizlaN is offline   Reply With Quote