SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-10, 12:57 PM   #1
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12
Default [REL] Reduced campaign layers for GWX

Hi,

one drawback of the great GWX campaign layers are the long loading times. Inspired by a recent mod of Hitman, I have modified the GWX campaign layers in order to reduce the loading times. In addition, some issues with the GWX campaign layers have been fixed (most importantly, the aircover of the Bay of Biskay). Here is the readme:

Reduced campaign layers for GWX. Readme.

This mod contains modified campaign layers for GWX. It contains six different campaign layers which show traffic in different areas. The areas are (see maps for details):

NA: Traffic only in the North Atlantic (1.99/3.87)
NANS: Traffic in the North Atlantic and the North Sea (4.47/5.11)

USNA: Traffic in the North Atlantic and US East Coast (2.38/4.79)
USNANS: Traffic in the North Atlantic, US East Coast, and the North Sea (4.90/6.03)

SACaUSNA: Traffic in the North Atlantic, US East Coast, Carribean, and South Atlantic, i.e., no Med, no North Sea(2.96/6.18)
SACaUSNANS: Traffic in the North Atlantic, US East Coast, Carribean, South Atlantic, and the North Sea, i.e., no Med (5.48/7.41)

All the traffic that does not enter the chosen area has been deleted. Inside the chosen area the traffic is exactly the same as in standard GWX. The size of the SRC and RND files are given in the brackets. Stock SH3 values are (2.58/5.77) and GWX (6.99/8.37).

Remark: Traffic around Gibraltar is included in the NA so that one can try to sneak into the Med. after an Atlantic patrol. Inside the Med. one has to go directly to a port. Another possibility is to stop in Cadiz before entering the Med. and activate Hitman's Med. layers:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=160862

ATTENTION: This mod is based on the original GWX RND file. For the SRC file I have used the one from the 'St Naz and Schluese V3' mod without additional units:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...hlight=nazaire

Thanks to the GWX team for their excellent campaign files (especially to BBW) and the permission to use them. I would also like to thank BBW for his help.

The different layers are JSGME-ready. Just put the folder for the area where you want to patrol (NA, USNA,...) in your mod folder and activate with JSGME. ACTIVATE ONLY IN PORT!

Use on your own risk.

Cheers, LGN1

PS: The 'GWX_3_St_Naz_and_SchlueseV3 campaign fix' folder contains campaign layers with all the traffic (SACaUSNANSMed, as in the stock GWX layers), but with some small fixes. Especially, the air cover over the Biscaya has been fixed.

You can get it here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1536

Examples:

LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote