SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-04-15, 04:32 AM   #1
Fahnenbohn
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 155
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by avers View Post
Hey guys, I don't know if this is problem, but it's something i should still ask, I went on my training patrol and every torpedo I shot at the training ships, ran deep, even when I set the dial as shallow as possible, they ran deep (even when I used impact, and the seas were rough to)! I know that German torps had problems, but I feel like I'm having these problems more than I should, has anyone else had this happen to them?
If you are using H.Sie hardcode fixes, it's due to the Torpedo Failure Fix.
Fahnenbohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 05:29 AM   #2
Schmonzo
Seaman

Downloads: 36

but every torpedo? I have h.sie and stiebler correctly installed on nygm and at least some torpedos work.

Also I wanted to post the probably last episode of effing controllers lp of lsh2015. The mod seems to make the game ridiculously easy. Maybe the modders can look at it and say if there is just something wrong with his install or if lsh2015 really is that easy?

Schmonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 09:06 AM   #3
=FI=Ghost
Gunner

Downloads: 93

Hmm, I've started a new career two times. Both times I experienced CTD while on patrol in my first mission, starting from Erprobung. Kiel. Each time it happened a couple of game hours into the mission (perhaps a half an hour of real time). Did anyone have a similar experience? I am not using any outside mod.

=FI=Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 01:55 PM   #4
HeinzMcDurgen
Watch

Downloads: 21
Exclamation Attack Disk

First, thank you =FI=Ghost for pointing me into the right direction for the tutorials. I just needed to brush up on it as I haven't played in a few years. Ran a patrol last night and managed to send 4 merchants and a troop carrier to the bottom of the sea, so it appears they worked.

Regarding the Attack Disk though - It appears it has been flipped/inverted between the tutorial video to what I'm looking at. The outter most dial doesn't rotate at all and mine is backward from the video. On his 180 is on the bottom, while 180 is on the top for me. At first I didn't think this was a huge issue, but I didn't use it at all yesterday. Today I've messed around with it a bit and it's clearly off. If my heading is 150, it points me to 210. If my heading is 60 it'll say it's 300. I realized that while I was looking at it that it's just showing how it should if it WASN'T upside down, but I'm positive that is going to throw all the other readings off as well - and what is the point of trying to mentally fix errors like that on the fly when I may as well do it on the map?

Essentially, the Attack Disk appears to be broken (or at least the artwork is rotated 180 degrees). Is there a fix, or am I missing something?
HeinzMcDurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-15, 02:24 PM   #5
HeinzMcDurgen
Watch

Downloads: 21
Exclamation Attack Disk part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzMcDurgen View Post
It appears it has been flipped/inverted between the tutorial video to what I'm looking at. The outer most dial doesn't rotate at all and mine is backward from the video.
Essentially, the Attack Disk appears to be broken (or at least the artwork is rotated 180 degrees). Is there a fix, or am I missing something?
After comparing the video and messing with some stuff, I've noticed that the outer most ring is supposed to rotate, which it doesn't currently. While the middle ring (with the North seeking arrow and is yellowish) does rotate and it's not supposed to. It appears the coding for them got flipped.
HeinzMcDurgen is offline   Reply With Quote