SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-16-15, 01:03 PM   #3391
MK2
Loader

Downloads: 205
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by veenee View Post
Interesting... I have not noticed anything strange about number of aircraft in 1940... I guess you were just unlucky (or I was lucky ).

It very well could be the locations I'm being asked to patrol , just south of Scapa and Thames estuary , the entire RAF basically takes turns circling above me lol
MK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-15, 02:19 PM   #3392
veenee
Watch

Downloads: 114

absolutely, and you'd expect them to patrol those areas, wouldn't you
veenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-15, 08:17 PM   #3393
Tucker
Seaman

Downloads: 61

Hey yall can anyone explain to me how to get a snorkel to work on the later U-Boats? Is it another submod I need to download or is it just a hotkey I don't know about? By the way sorry for the stupid question.
Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-15, 01:37 PM   #3394
RoflCopter4
Seaman

Downloads: 51

Does the Type XXI not have a snorkel? I thought the point of this boat was not ever having to surface and almost always being able to use the electric engines....
RoflCopter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-15, 06:15 PM   #3395
Tucker
Seaman

I'm in a Type VIIC in my current campaign. It's mid 1944 and I've got the snorkel installed but I can't figure out how to deploy it. Is it a hotkey I don't know about? Or is it on the little dashboard and I'm just oblivious to that button?
Old 08-27-15, 09:44 PM   #3396
RoflCopter4
Seaman

Downloads: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
I'm in a Type VIIC in my current campaign. It's mid 1944 and I've got the snorkel installed but I can't figure out how to deploy it. Is it a hotkey I don't know about? Or is it on the little dashboard and I'm just oblivious to that button?
To quote someone earlier in this thread,

Quote:
7.There are certain files I don't change because of mod compatibility. One of those files is command.cfg which controls the snorkel. You can make the following changes in the command.cfg to toggle the snorkel

[Cmd158]
Name=Toggle_snorkel
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x58,s,"SHIFT X"
After which, of course, Shift-X deploys the snorkel.

Incidently, does anyone know of a faster way to get the watch crew off the deck and to their positions in the conning tower and the crew berthing? Dragging them all one by one every single time I have to dive after spotting an aircraft is an immensely tedious chore and is making me not want to play this mod at all.
RoflCopter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-15, 10:57 PM   #3397
Tucker
Seaman

Ok cool thanks man, and do you know if this will effect RFB? I use the JSGME to uninstall one and install the other depending if I want to play Fleet Boats or U-Boats, but if I'm going in and actively changing files would it screw anything up? But anyways thanks for the help.
Old 08-28-15, 08:14 AM   #3398
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Ok cool thanks man, and do you know if this will effect RFB? I use the JSGME to uninstall one and install the other depending if I want to play Fleet Boats or U-Boats, but if I'm going in and actively changing files would it screw anything up? But anyways thanks for the help.
I use Multi-SH4 to have completely separate installations, one for each supermod. I use several smaller add-on mods for each, and changing all of them would be a major pain.
Old 08-28-15, 05:37 PM   #3399
Tucker
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
I use Multi-SH4 to have completely separate installations, one for each supermod. I use several smaller add-on mods for each, and changing all of them would be a major pain.
I've looked into that, but I actually have SH4 from steam so I don't know if I could set it up to work right because I don't have the CD version. :/
Old 08-28-15, 08:48 PM   #3400
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

The way it works is you make a copy of the game and give it a new name. You never use or modify the original. Once you have the new copy Multi-SH4 creates separate save-game folders so they don't get confused. I'm not familiar with Steam but I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Old 08-29-15, 03:26 PM   #3401
granite00
Torpedoman

Downloads: 162

My mods:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\SH4 OM\MODS]
OpsMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V720
OMv720_Patch5
OMEGU_v300
OMEGU_v300_Patch7
OM_SH3_Command_Keys
KiUB_English
OMEGU_English
Magnified Hud Dials for OM+OMEGU_Medium

I completed my first patrol in OM with no issues. While in my second patrol last night, I had trouble loading a saved game. It caused a crash. I do not overwrite saved files. I've went back and loaded an older save (worked), returned to the menu and loaded the latest saved game and that worked. It doesn't fix the problem for good. Today, my latest save caused a crash and again, I had to reload an older save, return to menu and load the latest game.

Do I have an issue with my mods or is there another issue I don't know about?
Old 09-06-15, 07:07 PM   #3402
Tucker
Seaman

I just encountered a bug with the Conning Tower upgrades. I'm in a Type IXC and its May '43. I just got the conning tower upgrade but now nothing works. I try and use the telegraph and I get a "Cannot Comply" response. I've also lost spots on my deck gun, my large AA gun is gone and so is the radio and listening compartment along with spots in the conning tower and topside. My men are still their in my crew list but they aren't on duty and I can't select them. Any ideas how to fix this without purposefully scuttling my sub or starting a new campaign.
Old 09-07-15, 07:43 AM   #3403
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
I just encountered a bug with the Conning Tower upgrades. I'm in a Type IXC and its May '43. I just got the conning tower upgrade but now nothing works. I try and use the telegraph and I get a "Cannot Comply" response. I've also lost spots on my deck gun, my large AA gun is gone and so is the radio and listening compartment along with spots in the conning tower and topside. My men are still their in my crew list but they aren't on duty and I can't select them. Any ideas how to fix this without purposefully scuttling my sub or starting a new campaign.
You are a victim of the "Turmumbau-desaster", the most annoying bug in OM: This workaround lets you go on with your campaign:

Conning towers and other upgrades
Both the Typ VII and the Typ IX U-Boat will receive conning tower upgrades as the game proceeds. Every time I was awarded a new "Turm", the result was a submarine that could not move forward, or backward. A "Cannot comply" message was displayed instead. The crew screen showed missing and empty slots. This bug has been experienced and described before, and -as lurker put it- it is a nasty one. So from my experience a conning tower upgrade means end of your career. This is not acceptable.

How can you continue? Well, there is a workaround: You have to create a dummy file.

1.) Open your saved games folder (SH4/data/cfg/SavedGames), locate the folder that contains the autosave_on_leaving_base-file using the file creation date and time and make a backup copy.

2.) Fire up SH4 and start a new career. Choose date, type of boat and flotilla to match the status of your career as close as possible. Start a new mission. Save the game.

3.) From the new folder (the one you just created in the saved games folder when you saved the dummy game) you will need the ActiveUserPlayerUnits-file. Copy it to the desktop and open the copied file using a text editor (i.e. wordpad)

4.) Open the ActiveUserPlayerUnits-file from the autosave_on_leaving_base-folder (Step 1) with your text editor

5.) In the AUPU-File from the dummy locate:

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 1. CrewMemberSlot 1]

copy this line and the following lines till

[UserPlayerUnit 1.UnitPartSlot 1.UnitPart . UpgradePackSlot 1]

near the end of the document.

6.) Replace the lines (Step5) with the content of the clipboard in the AUPU-File from the autosave_on_leaving_base-folder. Save the file.

7.) Copy the manipulated file to the UPCINitial folder of the autosave_on_leaving_base-folder.

8.) Fire up SH4, choose "Load Game", open the autosave_on_leaving_base-File and play on. Your rank, medals, tons sunk and crew will be preserved and your boat will have the new conning tower.

Sounds complicated, but OM forces you to go through this again and again and practice makes perfect.
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-15, 02:50 PM   #3404
Tucker
Seaman

Thanks for the help Skidman. It took some fiddling but I finally got it to work and so far my Type IX is running great with its brand new conning tower. I did loose the crew medals, but kept my tonnage and everything else so I'm fine with that. But thanks again man I really appreciate it.
Old 09-10-15, 08:06 PM   #3405
w4rlord117
Swabbie

Downloads: 12

I started off my campaign in a Type II C, I was given a mission to deploy to grid AN51 for 72 hours, but the little symbol is not over the grid position, so should I deploy to the actual grid position or by the little symbol?
w4rlord117 is offline   Reply With Quote