SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-30-17, 02:30 PM   #196
speed150mph
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0

What I'd like to know is, since his guilt is pretty much a sure thing, why didn't he run? I mean he had a submarine. He could have dove Beneath the waves, made for another country near by, scuttled the boat off shore and disappeared. Most people would have assumed that the sub experienced an issue and sank. Unless he happened to cross paths with a navy submarine that could ID his sub, nobody would have had any clue what happened and assumed he was dead.

But I guess if he murdered, dismembered, and ditched the body of a random reporter for who knows what reason, it would be safe to say he wasn't in a rational set of mind
Old 08-31-17, 11:23 AM   #197
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

http://nyheder.tv2.dk/krimi/2017-08-...ing-i-byretten

Tuesday 5th of september, the custody for PM expires. His lawyer has announced that PM do not want to volontarily extend the custody.
Since he has denied all charges against him: murder, manslaughter and dismemberment of the body, the police will have to convince the court that the suspicious behaviour of PM is enough to keep him there while investigating further.

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-17, 12:59 PM   #198
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carotio View Post
http://nyheder.tv2.dk/krimi/2017-08-...ing-i-byretten

Tuesday 5th of september, the custody for PM expires. His lawyer has announced that PM do not want to volontarily extend the custody.
Since he has denied all charges against him: murder, manslaughter and dismemberment of the body, the police will have to convince the court that the suspicious behaviour of PM is enough to keep him there while investigating further.
I would be surprised if the court doesn't. I think it would be in the interest of PM to come clean now. It's getting pathetic.
Old 08-31-17, 01:29 PM   #199
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed150mph View Post
What I'd like to know is, since his guilt is pretty much a sure thing, why didn't he run? I mean he had a submarine. He could have dove Beneath the waves, made for another country near by, scuttled the boat off shore and disappeared. Most people would have assumed that the sub experienced an issue and sank. Unless he happened to cross paths with a navy submarine that could ID his sub, nobody would have had any clue what happened and assumed he was dead.

But I guess if he murdered, dismembered, and ditched the body of a random reporter for who knows what reason, it would be safe to say he wasn't in a rational set of mind
The UC3 Nautilus was not capable of running submerged or traveling long distances. I've never known of it leaving the shallow waters around Copenhagen. It could submerge, but I don't think it was any good at moving at a set depth. It was either running on the surface or making stationary dives and sitting on the bottom at 25 ft.
Old 09-01-17, 07:35 AM   #200
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

It would take the very best efforts of a third rate lawyer to fail in having the custody extended.....surely.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-17, 09:38 AM   #201
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

http://ekstrabladet.dk/112/peter-mad...baaden/6808626

From the court today - the court has been opened for press and relatives.
PM explains that the death of KW happend as accident, when she was in the tower and he accidently lost the hatch on her head, so she fell down and when he got it open again, he could only see her feet, and when he got down, the blood was flowing out of her head, and she was dead within 20 seconds or so. So he panicked and decided to bury her at sea.
He claims he didn't touch KW otherwise (sexually), he dragged her up with rope around her feet and pushed her into the sea without looking if she was sinking. That means he claims he put her to sea as a complete body.

So he is still deniing murder, manslaughter and dismemberment. He is only admitting having buried her at sea, which isn't alright either.

To be continued...

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-17, 10:13 AM   #202
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Pathological lying
(also called pseudologia fantastica and mythomania)
is a behavior of habitual or compulsive lying.
It was first described in the medical literature in 1891
by Anton Delbrueck. ... Individuals may be aware they
are lying, or may believe they are telling the truth.

I knew one of these kinds of people ... I worked for a company that made you take a lie detector test every three months. This one employee would tell lies about how his father was a race car driver and other outlandish stories. So when it came time for his first test we all just knew that he would fail.

I had a pretty good relationship with the boss so I asked him if he failed and he said, "no" he passed. In other words a pathological lair can believe his own lies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathological_lying

Quote:
Lying is the act of both knowingly and intentionally or willfully making a false statement.

Most people do so out of fear.

Normal lies are defensive and are told to avoid the consequences of truth telling. They are often white lies that spare another's feelings, reflect a pro-social attitude, and make civilized human contact possible.

Pathological lying is considered a mental illness, because it takes over rational judgment and progresses into the fantasy world and back.

Pathological lying can be described as a habituation of lying.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Last edited by Mr Quatro; 09-05-17 at 10:22 AM.
Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-17, 12:32 PM   #203
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

From a legal point of view, it was obvious that his lawyer would tell him to follow that line. The evidence of KW having died onboard -admitted by him already- and him having disposed of the body was undeniable, so the only defence left is to try and avoid the charge of murder. It is the accusation's burden to provide the evidence of the intentional killing, otherwise the accidental death can't be ruled out and as such he can't be punished for murder. At most for unvoluntary death of that person by negligence or imprudence, and the difference is big at least in the spanish law and I guess in the danish one too. I am almost certain that he won't be able to avoid the punishment for mistreatment of the body, but the key is if he will be even punished for imprudent/negligence homicide.

It is important to note that while we all might come to our own conclussions regarding what happened based on how the body was disposed of, on a court things are different and a greater certainty is mandatory, as our western legal systems are based on the idea of it being preferable to have a guilty escape punishment rather than an innocent suffering it. The fact of dismembering the body per se is not necessarily an admission of murder in a court, like it or not. You can presume that the dismembering might have something to do with him willing to hide evidence of the murder (The injuries in the head could be quite telling of murder instead of accident, same as self-defence injuries on arms when protecting yourself from hits or stabs), but that is just our educated guess, so don't think that it can be asumed as such in a court.

Anyway, a very, very sad thing to happen to anyone, my thoughts are with KW's family and I hope the investigation and trial clears things finally.
Old 09-05-17, 01:51 PM   #204
Vannevar
Seaman

Location: Deepest, darkest Wales. (Thats the place, not the biological!)
Downloads: 191

BBC Coverage: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41165806
Old 09-05-17, 02:01 PM   #205
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Couldn't find anything about his confession on sinking his sub by his own hand and not as he said from start due to technical problems.

Heard this some hours ago on Danish TV2 NEWS

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-17, 02:49 PM   #206
Rip
Commodore

Downloads: 39

Latest excuse is he accidently dropped a hatch on her head.
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-17, 08:02 PM   #207
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

I wonder what his next story will be!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-17, 07:41 PM   #208
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Nothing will bring back the poor girl so the word ''justice'' has only an academic meaning when there is a murder.

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-17, 06:24 AM   #209
McBeck
Admiral

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
he changes the stories and now he is saying that the death of the victim was an accident ? and after that one more 'accident' happened which sunked the boat ? did i understand it right ?
Actually he stated in the first hearing with the police that she was dead and that it was an accident.

What was revealed to the public on the 5th of September was what he explained on the 12th of August - his first hearing
So except for what he told the press in passing as he stepped on shore on the 11th of August, he has kept to his story that she died by accident.

"I like subcommanders...they dont have time for bull****!"

Proud member of the Subsim army of zombies
Becks website
McBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-17, 08:10 AM   #210
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Yes he dropped the hatch on her, then she fell down and her arms, legs, and head fell off!! I don't buy it!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madsen, murder, nautilus, wall