SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-30-14, 04:25 PM   #1
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Default Loadout on a Carrier

For some years ago I saw some episode of a documentary about the life on an American Carrier.

I seems to remember they loaded the weapon on the fighter jets when it was on the flight deck.

Did I remember it correctly or what?

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-14, 10:25 AM   #2
emsoy
Loader

Downloads: 4

Yes that is fully possible if not normal practice

Database guru, sensor model developer, system tester and senior scenario designer in the "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
emsoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-14, 02:36 PM   #3
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsoy View Post
Yes that is fully possible if not normal practice
So it is just in our game we refuel and reload our fighter jets while they are in hangar.

That's ok a game like Command, can't be to realistic.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-14, 05:57 PM   #4
emsoy
Loader

Downloads: 4

Planes with loadouts that have ready times less than one hour aren't sent to the hangar if you order a loadout change. They are readied on the deck.

Database guru, sensor model developer, system tester and senior scenario designer in the "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
emsoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-14, 04:38 PM   #5
ordie78
Swabbie

Downloads: 146

In RL planes are loaded on the flight deck, not the hangar bay.

Practice loads my be done by inert weapons on the hangar bay. Live weapons are never loaded in the hangar bay of a carrier.

On another note, I heard about this game and I was wondering how does it compare to NWAC and FC? I looked up the price for it...$79 USD for DL version? Wow!
ordie78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-14, 09:28 PM   #6
strykerpsg
Loader

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordie78 View Post
On another note, I heard about this game and I was wondering how does it compare to NWAC and FC? I looked up the price for it...$79 USD for DL version? Wow!

Scrolling down the page or using search will produce multiple threads regarding this question. There were definitely some early flame wars that ignited when it was released, more so because of a perceived posturing of this gaming replacing the older legacy Harpoon series in both scope and depth of detail. Most of the early discussions had some validity of points on both sides, price, lack of a demo, UI, and playability. However, with the evolution of version 1.04, the price point and support by the development team and it's contributors, such as Baloogan, make it a very worthy investment. Since both NWAC and FC are no longer supported by it's developer and you're at the mercy of modders and Microsoft's updated OS's, the choice to buy and move into the 21st Century of this genre release makes even more sense.

Please note, there will always be some that try to derail the value of the product, but it has more to do with them not accepting the true value of the game in it's continuing evolving entirety. Also, I suspect their loss of local subject matter expert on a dying legacy platform is hard for them to accept as well.

Here is a link to one of many threads within this forum, you'll see what I refer too. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211268

Am I biased, perhaps, but consider myself more of a convert. I played FC/NWP, Harpoons I-IV, NWAC and now CMANO. It is the dedication of support by the development team and it's players, such as http://baloogancampaign.com/ that make this title a keeper for many years to come.

Last edited by strykerpsg; 08-03-14 at 01:09 AM.
strykerpsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 03:14 AM   #7
Sunburn
Warfaresims

Downloads: 2

Quote:
The price vs value question has been addressed before: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...6&postcount=14

Since I posted this there have been two more massive free updates (stuff that you would pay for in other games) and the number of available scenarios has doubled.
Sunburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 04:48 AM   #8
Herman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 269
Uploads: 1046

Quote:
Right here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...42&postcount=3

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 05:11 AM   #9
strykerpsg
Loader

Sunburn,

Any thoughts on producing a version 1.04 review, since the first 2 reviews can now be considered a bit dated in the two author's talking points? I think it would only do a strong service to newer members looking for ground truth and not tainted, rose colored glasses of a few. There will still be those who try to debase it based on their perception of their original gameplay and personality differences with your team. But alas, CMANO is now the 21st Century modern naval powerhouse and buries the past titles as a much more user friendly and community supported title, that operates with ease on all the up to date Windows OS's.
Old 08-03-14, 12:15 PM   #10
Coiler
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
Sunburn,

Any thoughts on producing a version 1.04 review, since the first 2 reviews can now be considered a bit dated in the two author's talking points? I think it would only do a strong service to newer members looking for ground truth and not tainted, rose colored glasses of a few. There will still be those who try to debase it based on their perception of their original gameplay and personality differences with your team. But alas, CMANO is now the 21st Century modern naval powerhouse and buries the past titles as a much more user friendly and community supported title, that operates with ease on all the up to date Windows OS's.
I'd gladly write a 1.04 review. My only problem (if it even is a problem) is that I never played Harpoon or any other sim before CMANO except Fleet Command, so I couldn't make any comparisons and thus would judge the (spectacular) game purely on its own merits.
Coiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 01:48 PM   #11
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome Aboard

Coiler!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-14, 05:23 AM   #12
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome Coiler

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-14, 07:10 AM   #13
strykerpsg
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiler View Post
I'd gladly write a 1.04 review. My only problem (if it even is a problem) is that I never played Harpoon or any other sim before CMANO except Fleet Command, so I couldn't make any comparisons and thus would judge the (spectacular) game purely on its own merits.
I'm afraid the problem would arise from the similarities between CMANO and Harpoon, versus CMANO and FC/NWP. FC was a bit buggy and really only came into it's own with the advent of NWP. CMANO vs. Harpoon is a closer match in both database depth, scenario editing and style of play. Therein would be the rub of the haters of CMANO. It was never designed to replace Harpoon, but move onto the next level of it's own merit, using updated technology and game engine but being of a similar genre of game/simulation. However, since both represent naval warfare on a very large scale, they both have very similar looks about them. But the Harpoon hardcore held onto their mods and game like it was the Holy Grail and it was sacrilege to even try to replace what they had built....a little tongue in cheek, sorry.

Anyway, CMANO is a great game and is only getting better. Harpoon, was a great game and now that many bugs have been worked out, though it still has a very long list of one's not worked out, it's dated graphically, AI wise and overall user friendly-ness, not being able to run out of the box in Windows without various tweaks.

So, getting back to your original offer, I fear you would want some knowledge of Harpoon, since the obvious comparisons are there and some will always want that comparison. It would be great to get a new set of eyes, not tainted by either following camps, to really magnify the strengths and character of CMANO, rather than coming into it with a knowledge of the "other naval sims". Also, since it is a niche game, the data contained within can be overwhelming, to a fault, if you haven't delved into games like Harpoon or the database in NWP. Perhaps you should ask Sunburn about it?
Old 08-05-14, 07:47 AM   #14
Sunburn
Warfaresims

Downloads: 2

Let's talk.
Sunburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-14, 04:16 PM   #15
ordie78
Swabbie

Downloads: 146

Hmmm, it seems this is a combination of DW and NWAC/FC. If I am reading the information right that is. You get to use the sensors that were available in DW, but can command multiple units such as NWAC/FC?

Many of my questions would be answered if a demo was available...
ordie78 is offline   Reply With Quote