SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-12-19, 10:20 PM   #3691
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
this is the problem:
C:\Program Files (x86)\

Windows mistreats SH4 when it is installed in a Windows folder such as C:\Program Files (x86)\. There is technical reason that has been posted in the newbie section and you can read about it later.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...21&postcount=3

please uninstall SH4 from C:\Program Files (x86)\, delete the Ubisoft folder, and delete the Save Files folder.
reboot.
re-install SH4 in a uniquely named folder that is not in the default Windows stream. this is an example of an appropriate folder name: C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4\

then install the utilities (LAA, JGSME, etc), run LAA, install JGSME, load your MODS and play away.

good luck.

I appreciate the answer, but I'm done begging this game to work. I've wasted four days trying.
Old 04-13-19, 12:20 PM   #3692
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Well, stupidly tried to do the dance. Now I'm getting a CRC error when trying to install the ****ing Uboat Missions addon. Something about Datacab2 not matching or something. So I guess now I'll have to repurchase the game in order to find out if reinstalling will solve any of my issues.

And you guys wondered why I was upset?
Old 04-13-19, 12:49 PM   #3693
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

*Whew*. Luckily, I saved all my digital purchases in my junk email's sub folder. Somehow my account with D2D (even though D2D is dead) is still able to download all my old purchases! So I redownloaded UBMs and installed it that way, no CRC error. Guess I'll toss the disk I have it saved to, it must not be any good anymore........ Hopefully this will solve my issues.

At the very least, I'm sure it's been an entertaining read.
Old 04-13-19, 01:25 PM   #3694
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Well I can 100% confirm that where I had the game installed was not the issue.

TMO still gives me the Can't Comply bug at the start of a mission. Not even going to bother trying to install OM as it most likely has the same issue.

I'm just going to destroy the disk to prevent me from being stupid enough to be tempted to try to play this broken excuse for a game that somehow in times past I could appreciate.
Old 04-13-19, 01:38 PM   #3695
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I can atleast confirm that it is TMO itself that is broken in my TMO issue. Deactivated everything but the base line TMO mod, Can't Comply. Go all the way back to garbage ass Vanilla Silent Hunter 4 UBMs and it works fine.

I can only assume that the silent merchants in OM are a result of it being just as equally broken and worthless. What happened to this place!?!

I have no idea when the mods became broke, as it has worked in times past, but it has easily been 3-4 years since I've tried to play this game, sure wish my dog didn't eat that thumb drive. I'd bet money that version of TMO and OM would work the way they are supposed to.
Old 04-13-19, 09:02 PM   #3696
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

I have played OM with minimal problems in the past. One thing I have never done is put TMO in first. I considered it a Pacific game, and I think OM works best without having TMO underneath it.

I don't know it that would work for you, but my personal feeling is that I would never mix the two.
Old 04-14-19, 04:11 AM   #3697
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
I have played OM with minimal problems in the past. One thing I have never done is put TMO in first. I considered it a Pacific game, and I think OM works best without having TMO underneath it.

I don't know it that would work for you, but my personal feeling is that I would never mix the two.
i concur with sailor_steve.
TMO is a pacific theatre mega-mod and OpM is an atlantic theatre mod and neither is designed to work along side the other. there are modded game files getting in each other's way.

if you want to play the german side, apply OpM and play it and if you want to play the american side, load TMO but for best results keep the mods separated.

good luck.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-19, 01:25 AM   #3698
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456
Uploads: 0

To the veterans ones still playing this fantastic mod:

- do we have some safe time after depth charges explosions?...meaning are the destroyers deaf for few seconds?
Is it modeled in OM?

Thanks
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-19, 09:17 AM   #3699
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
To the veterans ones still playing this fantastic mod:

- do we have some safe time after depth charges explosions?...meaning are the destroyers deaf for few seconds?
Is it modeled in OM?

Thanks
depends on which enemy you are fighting because the weapon set is different.
in general, DD sonar sets are forward and side scanning which means they cannot hear noise in the stern 90 degrees (135-225). so if the DD is only dropping rear depth charges, by definition, they cannot hear a submerged target after they pass over it regardless of the explosion.

some DD's have forward-firing undersea weapons. i suspect that they will be able to hear targets that are forward of them after the explosion. the game/mod documentation of this particular aspect of the game is not specific in this regard.

does that help?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-19, 10:50 AM   #3700
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456
Uploads: 0

Hum, not really Marco, but thanks anyway...that’s right nothing found regarding this. No big deal.

I’m about to release something to enhance OM+OMEGU mod, but still testing...
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-19, 05:05 PM   #3701
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
i concur with sailor_steve.
TMO is a pacific theatre mega-mod and OpM is an atlantic theatre mod and neither is designed to work along side the other. there are modded game files getting in each other's way.

if you want to play the german side, apply OpM and play it and if you want to play the american side, load TMO but for best results keep the mods separated.

good luck.

Sigh, it's like you gentlemen are being deliberately dense. I'm not going to bother re-typing my post which you can read, and then re-read as many times as necessary to see what you guys aren't understanding.

And I'm still no closer to fixing my "silent" ship engines issue, that oddly enough, a mod I have loaded, is specifically designed to fix.......... I currently have TMO loaded.

(Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\UbiSoft\Silent Hunter 4\MODS]

1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
1_TMO_25_small_patch
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
1.5_Optical Targeting Correction 031312 for RSRDCv502
Traveller Mod v2.6 TMO
Traveller Mod 2.6 OTC 1.5 Patch
Webster's Real Lifeboats Fix for v1.5
Webster's Ship Manuvering Fix
Pacific Sound Mod
DBSM Close Depth Charge
BBC World
SonarTargetFix2_TMO
KGBM Radio
KGMB Add On
Captain Midnights MORE CBS NEWS! MOD v1.2)

As I hope you gentlemen can see, I do not have both mods loaded, nor can I understand why, how, or when you got the idea that I had them both installed. Don't bother explaining, please.

Anyways, have I put up with you guys goofing with me enough to actually help me, or do I still need to stay on my knees and grovel to get your omnipotent help for a longer period of time? Cause I really do get the feeling you are both having a go at me.
Old 04-15-19, 05:39 PM   #3702
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Hum, not really Marco, but thanks anyway...that’s right nothing found regarding this. No big deal.

I’m about to release something to enhance OM+OMEGU mod, but still testing...

Let me see if I can help.

Do you mean like the "DC Disturbed Water" mod for SH5? Where there is something within the mod that makes DDs deaf after a DC attack for a good number of seconds? If so, then no, nothing like that is modeled in any of SH4 or it's mods, including OM.
Old 04-15-19, 05:45 PM   #3703
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Ok.

So I have taken all of Webster's stuff and the SonarFix out of my list. Still have DDs with no engine sound.

I took all of it out, and put the SonarFix in last. Still have the same issue.

So in other words, I take all the ship physics mods out, which is what caused the ships not making noise issue, which caused the creation of the Sonar Fix Mod, and yet, without any mod in my list doing anything regarding that (i.e Physics and Sound has reverted to Vanilla *unless* these are all built in issues with all the "Super" mods themselves) and yet, I have the same issue, just as if something is loaded.

The only other way I could possibly think to test this is, delete career. Close Game. Change Mod List. Create New Career. Sailing Around Till I Found Something. Go to P Depth to See if I Can Hear It. If No Joy, Start Over.

Currently what I am doing is just loading a save that I now have with targets around me (The Initial Luzon Invasion Force, if I recall correctly, is what I have found), seeing if I can hear them, if not closing, adjusting the mod list, and trying again.

Does anyone have any other way of testing whether you can hear something or not? I just want to enjoy one of these mods, and I can't understand why I can't seem to get any assistance on the only website any of the mods are available at. If only the community hadn't been herded onto only one website on the entire internet, we could have a larger community from which to troubleshoot with. Something I recall voicing when the push was made to centralize everything and the kitchen sink, to this one website. Not to mention the concerns I had over bandwidth issues, and surprise pay walls.
Old 04-15-19, 06:46 PM   #3704
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Ok, so now I've uninstalled all mods and am going to start from scratch. Of course loading only: Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157

1_TMO_25_small_patch
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1

means that the save I had, now CTDs. So I loadup the Tokyo Express Single Mission. Yep, I can't hear any sonar contacts once I find some ships. Now I've found a "quick" way to test whether or not I can hear anything, I will continue trouble shooting. First idea on the list: Install SonarTargetFix2_TMO
Old 04-15-19, 07:02 PM   #3705
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Ok, so with only: Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157

1_TMO_25_small_patch
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
SonarTargetFix2_TMO

installed, I was able to hear sound contacts. I'm going to double check it again right quick as the DDs had spotted me and weren't at cruising speed.