SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-09-09, 06:20 PM   #1696
Sudo
Helmsman

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightStalker View Post
If i do this i get conflict errors, would that be normal as RSRDC is changing files previously changed in TMO? snippet of the conflict "Patrol Sea of Japan 01.mis" has already been altered by the "TriggerMaru_Overhaul_19" mod. "Patrol Sea of Japan 01.tsr" has already been altered by the "TriggerMaru_Overhaul_19" mod. "Patrol Sea of Japan 02.mis" has already been altered by the "TriggerMaru_Overhaul_19" mod.
I believe this is normal KnightStalker and you shouldn't have any issues. TMO has campaign changes but nothing to the RSRDC mod. I'm running both and they work swell together. If I'm incorrect someone will be along to correct me.

Thanks.
Sudo
Sudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-09, 10:50 AM   #1697
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

I couldn't find any info, but with the newer RSRD for 1.8/9 work or improve upon RSRD for 1.7....can I use it or should I stick with the ver. I have for 1.7
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-09, 04:27 PM   #1698
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
I couldn't find any info, but with the newer RSRD for 1.8/9 work or improve upon RSRD for 1.7....can I use it or should I stick with the ver. I have for 1.7
Don't use any version of RSRDC on TMO 1.9 other than v502. If you do, you will "break" TMO
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-09, 05:22 PM   #1699
Fire
Bosun

Downloads: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 View Post
To answer your question, these are the "official" USN designations for the subs that were based in the Philippines ( TF 3 ) and later in Fremantle ( TF 51/71 )
Sorry to bring this up again, but is there some kind of list where I can see where which Task Force starts?
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-09, 11:38 AM   #1700
banjo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 55

Fire, look in the latest RSRDC readme. I think what you want is there.
banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-09, 01:54 PM   #1701
Fire
Bosun

I have looked into every readme which comes with the mod. But haven't found it.

Maybe I'm blind or the info isn't there
Old 12-14-09, 06:50 PM   #1702
Fire
Bosun

Sorry for double Post, but it seems I have a quite larger problem here

Yesterday I did a fresh install from the SH4 stock game, then installed the U-Boat Addon.

After that I installed Trigger Maru Overhauled 1.9, TM Patch 081209, and then RSRD TMO 502 (with JSGME)

Then I started a SUBPAC Campaign in May 1942, first mission was to "help out" in the battle of Midway. In only encounterd one allied Task Group, so I thought I was just unlucky.

Next Mission was a Patrol around Kiska, got a Flash Message that there will be a resupply mission from the japanese, didn't even found one enemy ship, only encounterd Airplanes. Maybe unlucky again. I also did a patrol to the other Harbor there (something with A, don't remember it yet), didn't make any contact. I also got into SJ-Radar Range to the Harbor's, but got no contacts.

Now I'm on my third patrol. I was ordered to patrol near Bungo street (I think that is the name), didn't encounter one single ship out there, only one Airplane contact was on radar in ~72 game hours. I entered the street, not one ship contact (by the way my ship was equipped with SJ Radar)

Entered two japanese harbors, you guess it, no ships there.

Then I went to Tokio Bay all along the japanese coast and...right....no contacts on the way.

Then in Tokyo Bay I only encounterd one armed Trawler and two Minelayers, but no other ship traffic.

So what is this? It's September 1942 and Japan already has runned out of ships? This can't be possible

Can there be something wrong with my installation? Or is RSRD not compatible with TMO1.9 after the latest patch?
Old 12-15-09, 07:49 AM   #1703
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
I have looked into every readme which comes with the mod. But haven't found it.

Maybe I'm blind or the info isn't there

http://pacific.valka.cz/forces/
Old 12-15-09, 07:52 AM   #1704
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Sorry for double Post, but it seems I have a quite larger problem here

Yesterday I did a fresh install from the SH4 stock game, then installed the U-Boat Addon.

After that I installed Trigger Maru Overhauled 1.9, TM Patch 081209, and then RSRD TMO 502 (with JSGME)

Then I started a SUBPAC Campaign in May 1942, first mission was to "help out" in the battle of Midway. In only encounterd one allied Task Group, so I thought I was just unlucky.

Next Mission was a Patrol around Kiska, got a Flash Message that there will be a resupply mission from the japanese, didn't even found one enemy ship, only encounterd Airplanes. Maybe unlucky again. I also did a patrol to the other Harbor there (something with A, don't remember it yet), didn't make any contact. I also got into SJ-Radar Range to the Harbor's, but got no contacts.

Now I'm on my third patrol. I was ordered to patrol near Bungo street (I think that is the name), didn't encounter one single ship out there, only one Airplane contact was on radar in ~72 game hours. I entered the street, not one ship contact (by the way my ship was equipped with SJ Radar)

Entered two japanese harbors, you guess it, no ships there.

Then I went to Tokio Bay all along the japanese coast and...right....no contacts on the way.

Then in Tokyo Bay I only encounterd one armed Trawler and two Minelayers, but no other ship traffic.

So what is this? It's September 1942 and Japan already has runned out of ships? This can't be possible

Can there be something wrong with my installation? Or is RSRD not compatible with TMO1.9 after the latest patch?

When you reloaded, did you remove the "SH4" directory from the "My Documents" ?

Did you return to homeport and end the mission after the orginally assigned objective was complete ?

Quote:
is RSRD not compatible with TMO1.9 after the latest patch
The patch has no effect on RSRDC

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 12-15-09 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-15-09, 08:39 AM   #1705
Fire
Bosun

It's a clean, fresh install in my new Win7 environment.

So there was no old data left from previous Installations.

I completed my assigned objective(s) in every mission and returned to homeport, yes. Didn't end any mission with the ESC-Menu while on sea.
Old 12-15-09, 01:44 PM   #1706
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
It's a clean, fresh install in my new Win7 environment.

So there was no old data left from previous Installations.

I completed my assigned objective(s) in every mission and returned to homeport, yes. Didn't end any mission with the ESC-Menu while on sea.
What was the start date of your Aleutian misson and the on mission to Japan?
Old 12-15-09, 03:20 PM   #1707
Fire
Bosun

Aleutian was around mid-july, Japan 27th or 28th of November
Old 12-15-09, 03:42 PM   #1708
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Aleutian was around mid-july, Japan 27th or 28th of November
You said in a earlier post that it was Sept for Japan. If I'm to trouble shoot your problem I need accurate information
Old 12-15-09, 05:42 PM   #1709
Fire
Bosun

Ooops, my fault

The base date when I click on the Map says August 17th, 1942

And starting on sea (not in port) is early september.
Old 12-15-09, 07:48 PM   #1710
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Ooops, my fault

The base date when I click on the Map says August 17th, 1942

And starting on sea (not in port) is early september.
OK

Based on your inputs, it appears that you have hit what I would call a “dead zone”, were one Campaign layer is finishing up and another one is loading. There appear to be an issue with the way the ships are spawning/ re-spawning that is a at the root case of this issue. This problem has been around for a “Very” long time and you just had the bad luck of “hitting” it at the wrong time.

I will be working up a single patch that applies to “all” versions of RSRDC and get it out shortly