SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-15-17, 01:40 PM   #151
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Don't ask me. Why Turkish people in Germany must be given additional polling stations outside their diplomatic missions, in the public sphere as if it were about a German national election, is beyond me. Cant they travel to Turkey? Or go to their next embassy in Germany? Or vote by mail? Why must the Germans consider additional stations outside of all that? I have no clue different from "appeasement". However, later news form this day indicates that even the German lambs have enough now, and mull a total freezing of financial assets, economic contacts, further developing of th elatter, and even a formalö interruption, if not ultimate ending of the talks to join the EU (will not happen anyway anymore...) are on the agenda now. It seems some German politicians start to worry for their own election chances. Opening fire at Turkey's financial and economic dependencies however is a two-sided sword, since when you have a creditor and a lender, it is the creditor who holds the risk that he does not get anything back from his leased money. Thats why I criticise since many years thwe West'S self-deceiving entzusiasm in "investing" in Turkey. All these are at risk now. Personally I think they are pretty much lost. My compassion is limited, however. I warned for years and years to invest in Turkey and supporting it. Its just that a collapsing Turkish banking system once again will be at our cost. Many European banks have serious stakes of money at risk in Turkey, especially Italian and Greek ones with their already fragile situation at home. This paper money system is a total mess. On a side-note, the federal state of Saxony-Anhalt has become the second one banning Turkish ministers from holding rallies there. What Saxony-Anhalt and Saarland have in common? No such assemblies were planned there anyway.
Old 03-15-17, 01:56 PM   #152
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Ahh, so they were demanding additional polling stations? Well then tought luck for them I guess.
Old 03-15-17, 02:13 PM   #153
Skybird
Soaring

No, they did not demand them. At least not in the news from early this morning. The germans offered them voluntarily. And now it is official: the Turks have been formally advised that Germany officially allows polling stations in 13 cities.
Old 03-15-17, 02:29 PM   #154
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
No, they did not demand them. At least not in the news from early this morning. The germans offered them voluntarily. And now it is official: the Turks have been formally advised that Germany officially allows polling stations in 13 cities.
Well if Germany volonteered then what is the problem?
Old 03-15-17, 05:26 PM   #155
Skybird
Soaring

Grrr, don't kill my nerves. The problem is the stupidity behind this German reasoning, this "never say/do/claim one thign without simultaneously saying/doing/claimiung th eother thing, else you're a biased bad boy discmrinating other opinions/views/intentions." Niemandem je ein Aua, niemandem je ein Weh.
Old 03-15-17, 07:04 PM   #156
ValoWay
Lieutenant

Downloads: 103

I think it's very democratic when e.g. turks can vote in e.g. germany. I also do not mind when foreign politicians come to other countries for political rallies. That's, however their business and they have to pay it out of their own pockets.

I mean think about it, when every single country suddenly wants to go on rallies in foreign countries is the local tax payer rly supposed to sponsor all of that and on top of that their oppositions, too, maybe?

The real question EU member states have to ask themselves is if they support a foreign government or not? I think kim jong un probably wouldn't get the go ahead from the EU if he wanted to visit us to teach us some real politics
ValoWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-17, 09:14 AM   #157
Skybird
Soaring

Domestic policies belong into the according country, not foreign ones. And another problem is that only Erdoghanic AKP-minsters go to Germany for campaigning - while AKP-opponents go to Turkish jails. Turkey is the worldwide biggest jail now for correspondents and journalists. In no other country, globally, journalists and press representatives get as sacked and locked away in such quantiies - and the regime doing this we allow to campaign in Germany for even more power to the tyrant?
Old 03-16-17, 09:27 AM   #158
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Domestic policies belong into the according country, not foreign ones. And another problem is that only Erdoghanic AKP-minsters go to Germany for campaigning - while AKP-opponents go to Turkish jails. Turkey is the worldwide biggest jail now for correspondents and journalists. In no other country, globally, journalists and press representatives get as sacked and locked away in such quantiies - and the regime doing this we allow to campaign in Germany for even more power to the tyrant?
Ovearall I agree, as I do not see why support of Erdogan would be beneficial to German national interests.

However in general I think that it is possible for the goverment of one country to support the goverment of another country on the basis of realpolitic national interests even if that other country supports a different ideology to yours.
Old 03-18-17, 06:19 AM   #159
Skybird
Soaring

During Merkel's visit, German reporters seem to have caught Trump on the wrong foot, also "shocking" their American collegagues, American described it

http://www.dw.com/en/us-reporters-pr...ump/a-38004960

In Trumps meeting with Merkel, Trump gave me the string impression of a man who is very uncertain of himself, and wants to overplay that by beeing noisy and accentuating a typical male shoulder-tapping attitude. With Sushi like Merkel, he could not have been successful in that.

Merkel however was visibly irritated by the dominant role Trump's daughter Ivanka Trump plays.
Old 03-19-17, 10:50 AM   #160
Skybird
Soaring

Schulz becomes chairman of the SPD with 100% of the votes.

http://www.dw.com/en/schulz-slams-tr...ion/a-38014736

An opportunistic populist complaining about populism. How original.

Anthrax or Ebola, dear german voters in 6 months, - what shall it be for you?
Old 03-19-17, 02:58 PM   #161
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Schulz becomes chairman of the SPD with 100% of the votes.

http://www.dw.com/en/schulz-slams-tr...ion/a-38014736

An opportunistic populist complaining about populism. How original.

Anthrax or Ebola, dear german voters in 6 months, - what shall it be for you?
I don't see why everyone freaks out about Schulz,so far all he did was talking-nice.
He appears wrong to me, fake. Yes, they all are, but some are worse, and he plays Mr. Volksnah a little too hard I find.
However, since Merkel seems unable to do the right things or do things at all, I will probably vote for the new guy, hoping something will change for the better.
Old 03-19-17, 04:33 PM   #162
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
I don't see why everyone freaks out about Schulz,so far all he did was talking-nice.
He appears wrong to me, fake. Yes, they all are, but some are worse, and he plays Mr. Volksnah a little too hard I find.
However, since Merkel seems unable to do the right things or do things at all, I will probably vote for the new guy, hoping something will change for the better.
The only thing that keeps me from doing that is the chance that this would turn into a Red-Red-Green coalition. Both the Left and the Green are in denial of certain realities and having both in the government would in my opinion be disastrous for Germany.
I rather stay with Merkel than letting any of those clowns take over....(that I would live to see the day at which I prefer a CDU government over any other constellation....)
It reminds me very much of the US election. Only idiots to vote for an no matter who you vote, Germany will lose either way.
Old 03-19-17, 05:26 PM   #163
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
You... hope...?

Hope is no strategy, no plan, no nothing. Its just summoning the fairy queen. You can known what will happen when he gets legitimised to run the office: the German policies on many levels will see dramatic shifts to the left. Merkel does that, too, left and right as political descriptions are almost meaningless nowadays to describe the characteristics of political parties.

There is only one reasonable option you have by which you do not compromise your own integrity: refusing to legitmise any rat in the rat pack the political establishment is.

Maybe - most likely - this will not acchieve a change for the better, here now deeper-rootiung processes and historical inner dynamicsare at work as if it would make a difference whether you vote for this or that non-option. of. But by withholding yourself from the demands of the mainstream, you become a little bit less guilty yourself.

Quote:
Es gibt aber in der Menschheitsgeschchte Zeiten, wo jeglicher Optimismus nur unverantwortliche Verblendung und Feigheit bedeutet, während der Pessimism es es immerhin erlaubt, dem Unausweichlichen ehrenhaft und mit offenen Augen entgegenzutreten. - David Engels
Old 03-19-17, 07:19 PM   #164
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
the German policies on many levels will see dramatic shifts to the left.
Good. It's about time.

Quote:
refusing to legitmise any rat in the rat pack the political establishment is.
So? Do you recommend voting for the filthy rats that try to demote our society back to the fifties, or not voting at all?
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-17, 06:52 AM   #165
ValoWay
Lieutenant

Downloads: 103

I am surprised, though, what the american media recently wrote about Merkel..

Quote:
...It was like that throughout Mr. Trump’s first meeting with Ms. Merkel on Friday, an awkward encounter that was the most closely watched of his young presidency and took on an outsize symbolism: the great disrupter confronts the last defender of the liberal world order (WTF?)...
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/17/w...ald-trump.html

Quote:
...No Western leader knows Vladimir Putin better than Angela Merkel. While she led Europe in pressing for tough sanctions against Russia for its seizure of Crimea and incursions into Eastern Ukraine, Putin respects her toughness and longevity in office. Indeed, Merkel speaks to Putin virtually every week by telephone. She has told confidants that she sees it as an essential duty. Putin needs to hear from voices outside his immediate Kremlin circle. And without her regular contacts, he would not -- a potential catastrophe for the West. If there is anyone who could teach Trump about Putin, it's Merkel. Hopefully, Trump will have the patience and good sense to listen as his course of instruction begins...
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/16/op...man/index.html

ValoWay is offline   Reply With Quote