SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-28-13, 11:22 AM   #1
SnipersHunter
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 201
Uploads: 0

Ah i didnt see it thanks
SnipersHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-14, 05:46 AM   #2
Mayor McSteve
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 32

Just wanted to give a big "Thank YOU!" to all the modders out there who have put in so much time to make this an incredible game. I've got the "Sub Bug" again (after 3 years!) and with a two month sabbatical from work starting up I've got some time to kill while the baby naps and the older one is at school. Looking forward to mounting a broomstick on my mast when I sail home to Pearl Harbor after at least one of my patrols!
Mayor McSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-14, 02:08 PM   #3
CapnDon
Seaman

Downloads: 46

This thread has been dead for a while, but I will see if I can wake it up.

Question: What mods are you guys using with RSRD? I am using TMO 2.5. Are there other interesting mods to explore?

I am enjoying the mod and the realistic missions. I also, from time to time, ignore direction and just take off where I want to go. If I run low on fuel, I just pull in where I can, top off on diesel and fish, then on with the mission.

Also, are there good threads on Bungo Pete?
CapnDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-15, 12:13 AM   #4
chriswo5q
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 91
Default Excellent!

Just returned to SH4 after a few years away (not by choice). Missed the game, and really missed this mod!
chriswo5q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-15, 02:45 AM   #5
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Welcome back from shore leave!
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-16, 07:03 PM   #6
Twig_46
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 8
Default A simple technical question.

Well, at least for someone who is experienced in modding... which I am not. Do you have to install all of the files shown or only the most recent ones?

Thanks for your help.
Twig_46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-16, 07:11 PM   #7
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Twig_46!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-16, 09:34 AM   #8
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twig_46 View Post
Well, at least for someone who is experienced in modding... which I am not. Do you have to install all of the files shown or only the most recent ones?

Thanks for your help.
Unfortunately, neither Lurker nor Ducimus actually updated their mods to fix the problems which were found. Therefore for TMO and RSRDC you must install, in this order:

TMO 2.5
TMO Small Patch
RSRDC_TMO V502
RSRDC_V5XX_PATCH 1

Then you will have the best functioning configuration.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-16, 10:48 AM   #9
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Wrong thread!

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 07-12-16 at 12:03 PM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 11:54 PM   #10
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

Excellent. Will update when I'm back in port.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-07, 05:31 AM   #11
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Great stuff, lurker. I really like the way new radio messages come in when the player completes his current objective.

Question for you: is there a "Return to Base" objective that can be set up to go along with the "RTB at current speed message? (along with a small renown bonus for getting the boat and crew safely back to port)
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-07, 08:58 AM   #12
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF
Great stuff, lurker. I really like the way new radio messages come in when the player completes his current objective.

Question for you: is there a "Return to Base" objective that can be set up to go along with the "RTB at current speed message? (along with a small renown bonus for getting the boat and crew safely back to port)
That would be a nice idea Luke. Perhaps Lurker will get the foundations down for each year and playing very well then go after things like this and any other goodies we can think up. Once that foundation is stable, man, we could think up some more things such as this.
Old 11-09-07, 01:41 PM   #13
Angus89
Bosun

Downloads: 0
Default Row/TMaru compatibilty?

Ive been a bit hesitant to try this with all the improvementd being made in the above mentioned mods. Anyone running them together? Also, any plans on mebbe combing all this great work with Row tmaru and taters? Do i smell supermod?
Old 11-09-07, 04:13 PM   #14
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus89
Ive been a bit hesitant to try this with all the improvementd being made in the above mentioned mods. Anyone running them together? Also, any plans on mebbe combing all this great work with Row tmaru and taters? Do i smell supermod?

Currently I just run this mod with ROW and a few other texture mods. There are no conflicts. I'm currently not ready for RFB or TM 1.xx. I save those for later. At any rate, this mod is very good and realistic. New messages and assignments. Real time/historical shipping. Much more immersive. What was once a traffic jam of ships to sink is now more historical and exciting. Load it up. If you do not like it just deactivate the mod and remove from the game files.

Also, it is a mod in the works. Lurker has a few bugs discovered by those using it and that is part of a developing mod. The bugs are very very minor really.

Super mod:hmm:....seems all the parts for one are being made....
Old 11-21-07, 05:41 AM   #15
Riggsie15
Watch

Downloads: 39
Default Love It

I love this mod! My first boat was a S-class out of Manila, and well in 3 patrols I only saw 1 convoy; the realism, in the vanila game you would run into a convoy or ship every two hours. Needless to say with only 1 merchantmen of 4000 so tons, I was dismissed for not being agressive enough. That's alright for my next boat was USS Pike out of Pearl, and on my first patrol 14000 tons, 1 single ship sighting and 1 convoy sighting. This mod with RFB is a winning combo just want to know when the next 2 phases are coming out.
Boat:
Patrols:
Ships Sunk:
Tonnage:
Riggsie15 is offline   Reply With Quote