SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-18-10, 07:11 PM   #2281
caine007
A-ganger

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
what language version of the game are you using? And what do you mean by I think??
By I think I mean of the 8 or so ships I've tested they've all had 0 mast height

Language should be English unless there is some special Australian version

As for it not having the manual setting... hmmmmm... now I'm wondering if I've done something stupid
caine007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-10, 07:32 PM   #2282
UF582151
Watch

Downloads: 33

Did previous versions of your mod touch the Page obs periscope.ini file?

I seem to remember that installing over your mod Arclight's MRP (more realistic periscope) only gave me dds conflicts.

Are these two mods compatible or should I avoid installing MRP over yours?
UF582151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-10, 07:57 PM   #2283
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by UF582151 View Post
Did previous versions of your mod touch the Page obs periscope.ini file?

I seem to remember that installing over your mod Arclight's MRP (more realistic periscope) only gave me dds conflicts.

Are these two mods compatible or should I avoid installing MRP over yours?
I've modified the Page obs periscope.ini file MANY revisions ago and still continue to do so.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-10, 08:00 PM   #2284
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBabouin View Post
Hahaha been messing most part of the night with encode() decode() and other locale.getdefaultlocale() with no results and you come out with readbyte() Nice.
Yes Had to resort to Binary reading with .NET because python screws up the encoding (their Unicode causes problems). Also, if you noticed, there is a lot of .NET being used in that code just to make it all work. Boy that one kicked my @ss for some time getting it right
Old 05-18-10, 08:02 PM   #2285
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
I've not been receiving radio report stops. English. I mean I'll see a single contact appear, in my range, but TC won't slow down. All the contact time stamp info is there though, just the TC 1x thing hasn't been working for 2 revisions now I think?

I've only been slightly noticing this though, wasn't paying as much attention as I should but last night I noticed that happening alot.
what do you have the max radio contact range set to in the top right bar? You need to be in the 1,000s to receive them.....most of the radio contact reports are in the range of 1800-3000. Try setting it to 9999 and you'll get every contact report that comes across the wire
Old 05-18-10, 09:08 PM   #2286
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
what do you have the max radio contact range set to in the top right bar? You need to be in the 1,000s to receive them.....most of the radio contact reports are in the range of 1800-3000. Try setting it to 9999 and you'll get every contact report that comes across the wire
It was set to the default of 250. In the Atlantic I usually set it to 600-800 but I'm in a new campaign now and 250 was just perfect to cover the "50,000" tons area of the east coast of England without triggering for things on the other side of the island.

1800-3000 seems really high to me. Even in the Atlantic, anything over 600km is totally random if you'll contact them and quite a trip to make. I swear it was working at 250 before too.. heh

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-10, 09:40 PM   #2287
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dida44 View Post
With the torpedo FaT, the dial LEG and PATTERN ANGLE is they effective? If I make positive as do I do for it alters?
yes those dials are active and they work
Old 05-18-10, 09:55 PM   #2288
kylania
Silent Hunter

One of those dials has only 2 values I think.

Old 05-18-10, 11:44 PM   #2289
sam0t
Nub

Downloads: 1

Probably been mentioned before, but DarkWraith, could you add more clearer instructions on the first post how one changes the UI types.

As a mod newbie I spent way too much time on figuring out how to change the UI types via TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py and more specifically that you have to edit the file and then enable the mods via JSGM again to make it work. Other than that your mod rocks, keep up the good work!
sam0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-10, 12:08 AM   #2290
DonZorro
Sailor man

Downloads: 467

Quote:
on all ships or just certain ships?

Updated German menu.txt file by Paco for v2.5.0:
http://www.filefront.com/16482191/Ne...man-byPaco.7z/
I'm try with VIIC just.
In Your game???

DonZorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-10, 12:28 AM   #2291
UF582151
Watch

Downloads: 33

One small request if possible.

I'm playing with a 1440x900 resolution, SH5 enhanced UI. If I extend the bearing compass it takes the space of the officers menu. No big deal, I just drag the officer menu a little to the right.

I was wondering if you can rig it so the postion of stuff is remembered. Right now everytime I load up a game I have to move the menu again (and the gyro angles which I like to put on top of the periscope's bearing marker)

Again, its no big deal, but if the solution was simple it would be nice if the UI could remember some preferences (maybe the option of fine tuning the starting position of stuff is already implemented in the options file and I missed it?)
UF582151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-10, 12:31 AM   #2292
kylania
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0t View Post
Probably been mentioned before, but DarkWraith, could you add more clearer instructions on the first post how one changes the UI types.

As a mod newbie I spent way too much time on figuring out how to change the UI types via TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py and more specifically that you have to edit the file and then enable the mods via JSGM again to make it work. Other than that your mod rocks, keep up the good work!
First I'd suggest checking out my installation video walkthrough to make sure you have all the right folders in the right places. That video touches on editing the file as well. I'll include more detailed instructions here.

First step it to find the options file to edit it. You can find the file under C:\Ubisoft \ Silent Hunter 5 \ MODS \ NewUIs_TDC_2_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith \ data \ Scripts \ Menu and the file is called TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py

Chances are you won't have a program dedicated to opening .py (Python) files like I do, so you'll get a dialog saying "Windows can't open this file:"

Choose "Select a program from a list of installed programs" then click OK.

From the "Open with" dialog, scroll down till you find "Notepad". Highlight it and click OK. Notepad will open Python files for you now.

Once the file is open you'll see some text like below. Just follow the instructions in blue to change to whatever style you'd like!

This is the default, SH5Enhanced style, no changes are needed:

If you wanted SH3Style:

And if you wanted SH4Style:

After making your changes, save the file, enable the mod and enjoy!

Old 05-19-10, 02:24 AM   #2293
Lopo
Lieutenant

Downloads: 477
Default @TDW

Hello,
Your work is really great!
I don't want to annoy you but have some questions:
Is it normal still getting 0.0 or 1.0 for all mast height?
(WinXP pro SP3 32b
Installdir in HKLM\software\ubisoft\silent hunter 5\gameupdate
Game path: C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5)
Is not with your mod, I think, but could you, please, do something with the obs periscope? He has not a higher elevation than the attack periscope so he is not operational.

Thanks a lot

Lopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-10, 02:41 AM   #2294
Manny
Swabbie

Downloads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
DW - Sorry. Yeah that's what i meant. Thanks Kylania
Manny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-10, 03:22 AM   #2295
caine007
A-ganger

Downloads: 26

Yeah I'm still getting 0 or 1 for mast heights.

Based on your comments before DW I did some testing to be as sure as possible that everything is installed correctly etc.

I removed all my mods and ran the game, to the best of my knowledge it looked like vanilla 1.20 SH5 so I don't think I've done anything stupid with JGSME overwriting any files or anything.

I then quit and enabled DWUI 2_5_0 + Minimal Dials only. Ran SH5 and started a historical mission. Once again still 0 mast heights regardless of auto ID or selecting from the ship book and I can input the correct mast height manually. (this is on Z34's in the Warspite mission again).

I then removed the mod again and re-downloaded DW 2_5_0 just in case and double checked that when I reinstalled and enabled the basic mod + Minimal Dials that the menu.txt file for example was saying modified for 2_5_0 etc.

I ran the Pedestal mission this time, still 0 mast heights for the Littorio etc.

Once again this is with the English version, Windows 7 64bit.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\

Installed to G:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\

I'm not super fussed as I love this mod and I don't mind inputting manual mast heights (probably a bit more realistic anyway )

UPDATE - Just to double check I tried using the All Dials version of the mod. Same results as above only this time I got the CTD when I went to input the mast height manually.
caine007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui