SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-29-08, 07:11 PM   #226
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

SP's are 1.5 only.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-08, 02:55 AM   #227
Stew U-582
Lieutenant

Downloads: 240
Uploads: 0

Thanks for your promt reply.

Ive got U Boat Missions on order from my local Game Shop so
ive only got a few days to wait before I can update my install.
Being located in Australia things are a bit slow here.
Looking forward to playing the latest version.

Thanks again,

Stew

Stew U-582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-08, 10:32 AM   #228
Coreflux
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0

I don't think I can really appreciate the mind boggling hard work put into this and all the other modders out there in the SHIV world. It's an incredible feat. I can only say thanks for what you and everyone else has done to immensely improve the game graphically but it really doesn't seem enough somehow. You guys are truly amazing
Coreflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-08, 08:25 PM   #229
scrapser
Captain

Downloads: 12
Default Observation Scope Graphics

Forgive me but what's up with this scope? It looks like someone either left their fingerprints all over the lens or piled a bunch of wets leaves on it and left them there for several weeks before removing them.
The attack scope looks worn but fine as far as viewing goes.
i7 920 CPU
TR 120 Extreme HS (lapped)
6 GB OCZ Platinum 1600 (8x175 = 1400)
BFG GTX 295
Silverstone DA1000W PSU
Sony GDM-FW900 24" Wide Screen CRT
WinXP Pro 32-bit
scrapser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-08, 11:50 PM   #230
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapser
Forgive me but what's up with this scope? It looks like someone either left their fingerprints all over the lens or piled a bunch of wets leaves on it and left them there for several weeks before removing them.
The attack scope looks worn but fine as far as viewing goes.
It would be nice if there was a button to push that would send a deckhand to clean those greasy fingerprints off the observation scope. I also noticed this, but just thought maybe my eyesight was getting dim.

Thanks for the clairfication, Scrapser.
Old 04-02-08, 01:36 AM   #231
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Periscope, shmeriscopes, i just fixed the *******ing medals!

Coming in Next SP update. No ETA, i was hoping for sometime this week. Not sure yet.
Old 04-02-08, 02:06 AM   #232
Aniuk
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default medals (#231) by Ducimus

It looks *******ing great!! Who is going to design a medal for Ducimus?

Aniuk
Old 04-02-08, 08:14 AM   #233
DrBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus
Periscope, shmeriscopes, i just fixed the *******ing medals!

*snip!*

Coming in Next SP update. No ETA, i was hoping for sometime this week. Not sure yet.
Alright!!! You're the man, Ducimus, you're the man...

Let the Beast inside you free!
DrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-08, 08:37 PM   #234
mlp071
Watch

Downloads: 7

I have to ask, is this how normal damage from one torpedo looks like in TMO(this is heavy cruiser)?

Just want to be sure that i didn't messed up some file somehow. Only TMO and RSRD for 1.5 installed att. Thank you
mlp071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-08, 09:58 PM   #235
mikeydredd
Bosun

Downloads: 36
Default TMO

Downloaded TMO and SP's last week. Finally installed it all last night and wow, how bloody brilliant

Can't thank you enough Ducimus. This is fantastic work. Really like the new crew positions. The conning tower is now the heart of the boat - as it should be.

Thanks once again. Much appreciated as always.

PS have you got something against Uboats? :hmm:

Mike
mikeydredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-08, 10:02 PM   #236
scrapser
Captain

Downloads: 12
Default Nav Map Question

In TMO, you don't have the little squares popping up from time to time to indicate enemy ship or convoy positions. Assuming during the real war that skippers were told to patrol areas of suspected or known activity based on intelligence gathering, how does one go about emulating this task? Is there a mod map that shows enemy shipping lanes like SH3 had even at stock? I think this would help in establishing a patrol route to make best use of fuel and increase the possibility of unintentional as well as intentional intercepts.

I don't really want to spend all my time tooling around the Pacific rubbing my lucky rabbit's foot. Well, maybe some of the time.

Editted to add:
Is the Pacific Pull Down Map mod compatible with TMO?

Also, I see someone tried to set up the map tools in SH4 like SH3. Was this ever successful? That looks like it would be a lot of work to integrate into the current menu INI file.

Thanks
i7 920 CPU
TR 120 Extreme HS (lapped)
6 GB OCZ Platinum 1600 (8x175 = 1400)
BFG GTX 295
Silverstone DA1000W PSU
Sony GDM-FW900 24" Wide Screen CRT
WinXP Pro 32-bit

Last edited by scrapser; 04-02-08 at 10:32 PM.
scrapser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-08, 10:35 AM   #237
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

On your patrol question; this is what I do, apart from using TMO 1.5 I also run RSRDC, I can then use anyone of the great books on the Silent Service to check out the historical patrol areas for that specific year. It adds to the immersion and maps on paper which you can copy, print and mark up. More fun!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-08, 07:50 PM   #238
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Minor announcement:

Next update to TM is going to be delayed another week or two.

I simply need more time.
Old 04-04-08, 06:12 AM   #239
WhiskeyBravo
Gunner

Downloads: 6

Quote:
23.) I'm getting entirely too many faulty torpedos!!!

Yes, TMO now includes a modification to increase torpedo malfuctions. The stock torpedos were undeniably too reliable. In increasing torpedo malfunctions, it is the intent to make it more then stock, but less then the "hardcore torpedo mod", something which not everyone can handle. That said, modding torpedo failures for any consistant behavior, is incredibly hard to do. Even with stock, the game can have periods where every torpedo you fire is a dud, followed by a period with no duds at all. Except in stock, the "no duds at all" was 95% of the play. Suffice to say, if you run into a period with excessive duds, its not the mod, its the game behaving in decidedly inconsistant behavior, and the torpedo malfunction rate settings in TMO, do not reflect values used in the hardcore torpedo mod; the values used here, are infact, less.
The readme quoted above suggests that I should get at least some duds. So far in 2 patrols in a Porpoise I've sunk 15 ships for around 50,000 tons using around 30 Mk XIV torpedos and I've not had one dud! Is this normal or am I just experiencing a vagary of the game as mentioned in the above snippet from the TMO readme?

WB.
WhiskeyBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-08, 10:13 AM   #240
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyBravo
Quote:
23.) I'm getting entirely too many faulty torpedos!!!

Yes, TMO now includes a modification to increase torpedo malfuctions. The stock torpedos were undeniably too reliable. In increasing torpedo malfunctions, it is the intent to make it more then stock, but less then the "hardcore torpedo mod", something which not everyone can handle. That said, modding torpedo failures for any consistant behavior, is incredibly hard to do. Even with stock, the game can have periods where every torpedo you fire is a dud, followed by a period with no duds at all. Except in stock, the "no duds at all" was 95% of the play. Suffice to say, if you run into a period with excessive duds, its not the mod, its the game behaving in decidedly inconsistant behavior, and the torpedo malfunction rate settings in TMO, do not reflect values used in the hardcore torpedo mod; the values used here, are infact, less.
The readme quoted above suggests that I should get at least some duds. So far in 2 patrols in a Porpoise I've sunk 15 ships for around 50,000 tons using around 30 Mk XIV torpedos and I've not had one dud! Is this normal or am I just experiencing a vagary of the game as mentioned in the above snippet from the TMO readme?

WB.
Depends on the patrol year and how you setup your torpedos. Remember, historically the skippers were ordered to fire with a magnetic exploder for the keel shot. Then there was the torpedo shortage; so they did not fire large salvos one to two torps per target. This went on until '43.

The game is going set your dud rate and again that is largely inconsistent, I have had early war patrols with 80% dud rates to 0%.

Best way to avoid this is to do patrols after '43. If thats your cup of tea of course.

Happy Hunting

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote