SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-06-08, 05:37 PM   #2881
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

Now this is the difference between the gwx dev team and some modders like RacerBoy... you are acting just like ubisoft.. release the stuff and screw whoever have problems with it, while guys like him are trying to give the bilge rats the oportunity to mod the game themselves.

From everything thats asked, you rely on "the hard work, the long days, months, years, the holydays" and that is no answer... you did all this on freewill, you didnt have to, so now you have your little mafia, no one is welcome. You created a beautiful mod and an ugly image, congratz!

Well i'll end my discussion here, coz its just like trying to go agains the mafia... there's a lot of power behind some guys here (witch i must say, deserved earning this power by what they've done) and doesnt matter what i say, ill always be wrong and unsupported and if i insist i might be kicked out of this forum, and doesnt matter if the big guys are right or wrong... so screw it...

And Jimbuna, thanks for the patience!
Philipp_Thomsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 05:52 PM   #2882
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
Now this is the difference between the gwx dev team and some modders like RacerBoy... you are acting just like ubisoft.. release the stuff and screw whoever have problems with it, while guys like him are trying to give the bilge rats the oportunity to mod the game themselves.

From everything thats asked, you rely on "the hard work, the long days, months, years, the holydays" and that is no answer... you did all this on freewill, you didnt have to, so now you have your little mafia, no one is welcome. You created a beautiful mod and an ugly image, congratz!

Well i'll end my discussion here, coz its just like trying to go agains the mafia... there's a lot of power behind some guys here (witch i must say, deserved earning this power by what they've done) and doesnt matter what i say, ill always be wrong and unsupported and if i insist i might be kicked out of this forum, and doesnt matter if the big guys are right or wrong... so screw it...

You tool
Yes we did it for free
Doesnt mean we have to jump when you want
User support is always on offer just not running when someone doesnt klike something to change it
Theres a difference

As to comparing to Ubi
Well
How long did you wait for a fix for anything from Ubi ?
A damn sight longer than GWX
You have no idea

You are wrong cos you dont open your eyes or think
The mods that you have cited ARE NOT GWX MODS
Tis the modders responsibility to update

Anyone who asks me for help gets it
In my limited sphere of knowledge

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 05:56 PM   #2883
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:

I have demonstrated my patience on countless posts in this forum during my membership.
I'll state this publicly......IF YOU ARE HAVING GENUINE PROBLEMS/ISSUES WITH GWX, PM ME AND I WILL DO MY LEVEL BEST TO ASSIST YOU.
The problem we sometimes come across in textual terms on forums are the misperceptions and misinterpretation in what is actually being conveyed.

In simple terms...'perceptual distortion' + unwarranted and unwelcome interruptions from those who choose to display absolutely no respect for others.

Constructive criticism is always welcome, it is what helps us improve the mod for everyone in future releases.
What is hard to accept are repeated posts which the majority of the intended recipients find difficult to interprate as little other than jibes or cheap shots.

I'm confident I speak for more on the team than just myself when I offer any help we can give in improving your GWX gaming experience.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 05:59 PM   #2884
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
"We advice not adding third party mods into gwx"

I readed this once... and twice

GWX dev team is always working to achive perfect realist...

Then why so dont they work together with another modders, like RacerBoy for instance? The open hatch mod, the sh4 effects for sh3, the torpedo damage effects mod, all of this brings so much more realism to the game, and yet looks like gwx dev team do have ever they can do to ignore this work and the nasty habit of throwing wrenches on other modders plans. And yet there they are, constantly working hard to make their mod once again compatible with the new version of gwx. Sometimes I have the feeling that this is being taken as a competition. "how to make people love my mod while i torpedo my arch-enemy's mod to the depths..."

We are all here wasting our time discussing ideas on how to make sh3 each day better, coz the undeniable fact is that we all love this game. Why shouldnt we work together?
Team GW, nor any modder or mod team, is able to accomodate every other modder's plans. I know that Team GW has focused their efforts on making their mod as good as possible, and they are under no obligation to make it work with other mods. They will, where possible.

The GW team does work with other modders, you should avoid characterising them as "torpedoing arch-enemy's mods to the depths" and "nasty habit of throwing wrenches on other modders". That is excessive, provacative baiting. Think about how that makes people feel. You've expressed your opinion on this, let's move on. I do not want this thread to turn into a gripe session, ok?

thanks
Neal
Old 01-06-08, 07:05 PM   #2885
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

@Philipp_Thomsen

PM received and responded

Old 01-07-08, 01:00 PM   #2886
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165

Keep up the good work guys, and dont get too upset if someone talks without thinking too much. These things will always happen in the internet, we should know it by now. In the end, a LOT of people are really grateful for what you did, even though they will not express it very often.

GlobalExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-08, 03:17 PM   #2887
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalExplorer
Keep up the good work guys, and dont get too upset if someone talks without thinking too much. These things will always happen in the internet, we should know it by now. In the end, a LOT of people are really grateful for what you did, even though they will not express it very often.
Rgr that GE

Aint seen you around for a while....heres hoping your keeping well

Old 01-08-08, 04:39 AM   #2888
undercovergeek
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

just checking - am i looking in the wrong places, or is there no actual realism/difficulty adjuster in GWX2?

First time playing SH3 and have just modded straight to GWX2
Old 01-08-08, 07:22 AM   #2889
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercovergeek
just checking - am i looking in the wrong places, or is there no actual realism/difficulty adjuster in GWX2?

First time playing SH3 and have just modded straight to GWX2
You can alter the realism settings in the screen before starting your patrol
melnibonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-08, 07:23 AM   #2890
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The Realism settings (the ticky boxes page). Each box that is ticked, increases the realism/difficulty percentage.

Welcome aboard

Old 01-08-08, 07:53 AM   #2891
NiKuTa
Ensign

Downloads: 138

After few patrols i see something what is weird for me.
- Firs of all deck gun is really too strong. 105 mm gun need 1-3 hit to sunk a small merchants (2000-3000 t), 3-6 to sunk med and large merchants. Tankers need about 2-3 hits. 88 mm gun need about 2-3x more hits than 105mm gun.
- Torpedoes: all merchants need 1 hit form torp too be sunked. After hit we have a big bala boom and we see a massage "she is going down". I don't shoot to the liners so maybe this ship need more than 1 hit.
- AI visual: I don't know what is wrong but when i see enemy merchant he almost always see me too. After spot of enemy merchant i see a message "enemy ship engaging us"

I use a :
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
and 8km Atmosphere
NiKuTa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-08, 07:58 AM   #2892
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

If you can, please try the same comparison without the GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects Mod enabled.

Thanks for the report.
Old 01-08-08, 09:31 AM   #2893
undercovergeek
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
The Realism settings (the ticky boxes page). Each box that is ticked, increases the realism/difficulty percentage.

Welcome aboard
Ive gone as far as choosing the year and my flotilla but never actually clicked start - im still finishing the naval academy - is the realism check screen after this stage as i havent seen it yet.

Also, using the weapons officer - controversial i know! - when i have a target locked and ask him to display a solution on screen, he says he has done but no line comes up, is this because the angle is to oblique or is he just lying?

thanks for all help
Old 01-08-08, 09:46 AM   #2894
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I believe it's the second last screen :hmm: (not on my pooter right now). Besides, when you see the option to start patrol (bottom right of screen), just to the left of that there is also a change realism settings option.

Using WO is not, in itself, controversial You play at whatever level your comfortable with.

You should see your torpedo 'tracl' line when in the attack screen.

Old 01-08-08, 09:48 AM   #2895
KarlSteiner
Bosun

Downloads: 257

Hi GWX,

thanks for your patience with the fans.

Now I have a simple question and I beg you to answer as true as it gets:

Will you bring out for such people, who won't use the GWX-expansion completely a single Mod about the Dolphins (DLF) and the wrecks (barricadeship)?

Because I tried them to use but the graphic brings out a flickering screen and bad scenery.
I fear you have code the mod so that noone can alter them!

Best regards

Karl

P.S.:
If it is so and not a reparable bug I will bring out my tugs, lightships and lighthouses out of GWX.

Last edited by KarlSteiner; 01-08-08 at 10:01 AM.
KarlSteiner is offline   Reply With Quote