SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-26-12, 09:26 AM   #1426
wrathinator
Watch

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

it's awkward to post this on the 96th page, but is there an idiot-proof guide of what to do?

hex editor I got
didn't find the string specified in first post. I guess I can't find it because I have no clue what am I looking for.

OP specified the line 0x197A4A which is not be found by me.

Also OP explained how to use the patcher, but all images are gone from the guide: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=7773

Anyone feels like helping out?
wrathinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-12, 09:42 AM   #1427
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathinator View Post
it's awkward to post this on the 96th page, but is there an idiot-proof guide of what to do?

hex editor I got

didn't find the string specified in first post. I guess I can't find it because I have no clue what am I looking for.

OP specified the line 0x197A4A which is not be found by me.

Also OP explained how to use the patcher, but all images are gone from the guide: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=7773

Ahoy wrathinator
Sorry, but what is it you need again?
Old 10-26-12, 12:06 PM   #1428
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=197960
Old 10-26-12, 12:40 PM   #1429
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Using the patcher, as per Trevally's instructions, you don't need anymore to use hex editor
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-12, 12:58 PM   #1430
NoLine
Medic

Downloads: 55

TheDarkWraith, would it be possible to slowdown the crashdive ?

thanks
Noline
NoLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 12:41 PM   #1431
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLine View Post
TheDarkWraith, would it be possible to slowdown the crashdive ?

thanks
Noline

Hi NoLine
By Slow down, do you mean that the boat is going too fast, or, do you mean the sequence?
You can increase the time delay that it takes for the dive to occur. That is in the UI options editor on the "crash dive" tab. So, increasing that will give you more time between the initial order and when the boat actually starts to dive.
If you mean the speed of the dive itself, you would have to change the speed of the boat on the crash dive order. If the boat is going under too quickly on the Crash dive, you could order "Ahead Full or Standard" right after and the boat would slow down considerably. There might be a file you can edit but I think it wouldn't want it to be permanent.
I'll say one more thing. In shallow waters, when I needed a crash dive but I can't let the boat hit bottom, I will start pressing the 'A' key as soon as the boat hits 10m. Plus ordering the speed back to standard or even 1/3rd. The boat will still get down to 40m or so but will recover nicely.
Gute Gagd
D40

Old 11-01-12, 05:32 PM   #1432
NoLine
Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfish40 View Post
Hi NoLine
By Slow down, do you mean that the boat is going too fast, or, do you mean the sequence?
You can increase the time delay that it takes for the dive to occur. That is in the UI options editor on the "crash dive" tab. So, increasing that will give you more time between the initial order and when the boat actually starts to dive.
If you mean the speed of the dive itself, you would have to change the speed of the boat on the crash dive order. If the boat is going under too quickly on the Crash dive, you could order "Ahead Full or Standard" right after and the boat would slow down considerably. There might be a file you can edit but I think it wouldn't want it to be permanent.
I'll say one more thing. In shallow waters, when I needed a crash dive but I can't let the boat hit bottom, I will start pressing the 'A' key as soon as the boat hits 10m. Plus ordering the speed back to standard or even 1/3rd. The boat will still get down to 40m or so but will recover nicely.
Gute Gagd
D40

Yes, I ment the time it takes to dive, for me 10 to 15 seconds is too fast.
Was hoping TDW had maybe stumbled upon it somewhere in the exe, it would imo make a nice addition to the sh5.exe patch.
Increasing the order delay might be something, ill give it a try.

thanks
Noline
Old 11-01-12, 05:38 PM   #1433
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLine View Post
Yes, I ment the time it takes to dive, for me 10 to 15 seconds is too fast.
Was hoping TDW had maybe stumbled upon it somewhere in the exe, it would imo make a nice addition to the sh5.exe patch.
Increasing the order delay might be something, ill give it a try.

thanks
Noline
Isn't this more of a .sim file of the boat thing?
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 05:40 PM   #1434
NoLine
Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targor Avelany View Post
Isn't this more of a .sim file of the boat thing?

That only controls the normal dive, the crashdive doesnt seem to be affected by editing the sim file

thanks
Noline
Old 11-13-12, 03:16 PM   #1435
mayenn
Nub

Downloads: 155

Hi!

First off all, TDW's patch is super work!

I have only one problem: If I have sent a contact report and the BDU reply to a contact report, that a wolfpack will be soon spawn, when the AI subs spawning (random time after the BDU's reply), my game is going to CTD.

Only one time successed to spawn an AI subs, and many times I have suffered a CTD, when the game spawning them.

I have tried to figure out why, but I have no idea. Instead of this problem, my game is going perfect, no other CTDs.

I use NTcore CFF explorer, to use all the 4Gbty RAM - it run perfect.
I allowed the patch to use AI subs dispatch.

I use the following MODs included in JPG.

Any idea or advice?

Thanks the reply!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Basic mods with enviroment.jpg (94.3 KB, 27 views)
mayenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-12, 04:01 PM   #1436
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayenn View Post
Hi!

First off all, TDW's patch is super work!

I have only one problem: If I have sent a contact report and the BDU reply to a contact report, that a wolfpack will be soon spawn, when the AI subs spawning (random time after the BDU's reply), my game is going to CTD.

Only one time successed to spawn an AI subs, and many times I have suffered a CTD, when the game spawning them.

I have tried to figure out why, but I have no idea. Instead of this problem, my game is going perfect, no other CTDs.

I use NTcore CFF explorer, to use all the 4Gbty RAM - it run perfect.
I allowed the patch to use AI subs dispatch.

I use the following MODs included in JPG.

Any idea or advice?

Thanks the reply!
Probably mod soup by the look of the mod list .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 09:12 AM   #1437
Wenck
Nub

Downloads: 39

First, thanks for the mod. I have one big problem: my sh5.exe (v. 1.2 dvd) refuses to be patched. Everytime I select the TDW_SH5_patches.s5p file and the folder where the exe is it gives me this error: Error reading patch file ...\TDW:SH5\Patches.s5p. Exception is: Unable to open C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter\sh5.exe for writing. Exception is: Access denied to path C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter\sh5.exe Game was installed yesterday. No mods enabled, i haven't even played with it. I've tried everything, check my folder permissions (i set them in total control -no effect-), if something is in "read only" mode, Everything seems fine. But the damn thing refuses to work. Any idea?
Wenck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 09:42 AM   #1438
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenck View Post
First, thanks for the mod. I have one big problem: my sh5.exe (v. 1.2 dvd) refuses to be patched. Everytime I select the TDW_SH5_patches.s5p file and the folder where the exe is it gives me this error: Error reading patch file ...\TDW:SH5\Patches.s5p. Exception is: Unable to open C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter\sh5.exe for writing. Exception is: Access denied to path C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter\sh5.exe Game was installed yesterday. No mods enabled, i haven't even played with it. I've tried everything, check my folder permissions (i set them in total control -no effect-), if something is in "read only" mode, Everything seems fine. But the damn thing refuses to work. Any idea?
Have you downloaded the game via Steam?
Old 11-16-12, 09:54 AM   #1439
Wenck
Nub

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Have you downloaded the game via Steam?
Nope. Is a retail version, it was updated automatically. Later i downloaded the 1.2 patch via gamershell, reinstalled it and replaced the sh5.exe. Still no changes. I'm gonna try uninstalling the game, and reinstalling in another folder to see if it works somehow. This is confusing.
Wenck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 10:22 AM   #1440
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenck View Post
Nope. Is a retail version, it was updated automatically. Later i downloaded the 1.2 patch via gamershell, reinstalled it and replaced the sh5.exe. Still no changes. I'm gonna try uninstalling the game, and reinstalling in another folder to see if it works somehow. This is confusing.
If you tried enabling TDW's patches before applying the official patch 1.2, you might have messed something. The autoupdater is bugged: you should always patch to v 1.2 manually.

You don't have to replace any file yourself: just run the 1.2 patch and wait for the message saying that the game was patched successfully. That simple.

All in all, my suggestion is to reinstall the game once more (doing it in the default folder is okay for most people) and to follow strictly these instructions by Trevally:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...39#post1926439

Don't forget to use TDW's patch AFTER updating to SH5 v 1.2