SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-30-08, 01:31 PM   #31
Demon777
Medic

Downloads: 97
Uploads: 0

I cannot download RUIM, when clicking I always get to front page with no link :hmm:
Demon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-08, 01:35 PM   #32
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

Great mod I like it. Looks alot better than stock.
Old 08-31-08, 06:50 AM   #33
John W. Hamm
Watch Officer

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon777
I cannot download RUIM, when clicking I always get to front page with no link :hmm:

You must be trying to DL the version for 1.4, these files are hosted by filefront and of course all the versions for 1.4 have not been Dl'ed for a while so file front drops them. I have uploaded the regular version for 1.4 tonight and will try to get the high res one back up by the 1st.
Old 08-31-08, 09:34 AM   #34
Demon777
Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by John W. Hamm
You must be trying to DL the version for 1.4, these files are hosted by filefront and of course all the versions for 1.4 have not been Dl'ed for a while so file front drops them. I have uploaded the regular version for 1.4 tonight and will try to get the high res one back up by the 1st.
Yes, I've tried to download for v1.4

Last edited by Demon777; 08-31-08 at 04:14 PM.
Old 09-01-08, 12:23 AM   #35
John W. Hamm
Watch Officer

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, I've tried to download for v1.4
Well try it now it's working

Also I have to support Conus00 on the issue of the swastika for a number of reasons, but primarily because of the effort to change it versus the time I desire to spend on it. No offense but it would be easier and take less time for and enduser to replace the file with the original than for us to go in and change it Zip and upload it for each version would take longer than I care to spend on it.

Last edited by John W. Hamm; 09-01-08 at 12:35 AM.
John W. Hamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-08, 02:13 AM   #36
Demon777
Medic

Thanks John Hamm, now it's OK!

But I don't quite understand what's the difference between Reg. and Hi-Res versions. This has smth. to do with the game resolution?

P.S. I play with 1024*768

Best regards,

Demon
Old 09-03-08, 08:36 AM   #37
conus00
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 166

Quote:
Thanks John Hamm, now it's OK!

But I don't quite understand what's the difference between Reg. and Hi-Res versions. This has smth. to do with the game resolution?

P.S. I play with 1024*768

Best regards,

Demon
The low resolution version has all the DDS texture files in 1024x1024 pixels.
The high resolution DDSs are 2048x2048 pixels. There is noticeable visual difference.
Old 09-03-08, 11:23 AM   #38
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3
Default Fantastic!

This is a compulsary Mod. Great work! I hope the AOTD Team have the good sense to approach you and beg you to allow them to put this Mod in their FOTRS Package
Old 09-24-08, 10:35 AM   #39
Matilda
Seaman

Downloads: 57
Default Thx and a request

I am using and enjoying your Mod for 1.4 REG-RES. I thank you for your work. I like it so much that I would love to get the 1.4 HIGH-RES, but have been unable to find a source. Could you or someone who does have it make it available again. I know that I am on an older version, but I like 1.4 better, don't really have a good reason why. I thank you for your patience.
Old 09-29-08, 05:39 AM   #40
Matilda
Seaman

Downloads: 57
Default Request denied

I have come to the realization that although it is not dead yet 1.4 is dying. It is to be expected. Until now I have been running both versions, but I have given up on that idea. I feel for the people who are making their mod work available and trying to support both versions. So, I pulled my head from the sand and spent the weekend setting up 1.5 to run with the all the mods I had been using for 1.4 (about 20 some odd mods in all). A lot of tedious trial and error work but it is done. The requestt I made above for hires 1.4 files to be made available is no longer applicable. Great work on this mod. I look forward to any future versions. And now on with the show!
Old 10-04-08, 12:48 PM   #41
Egon01
Helmsman

Downloads: 14

Well I must say this mod is great but I have 2 questions coz I don't understand how all this promotion system works

I gave 2 medals for good job on last mission to my Chief Petty Officer Veeder http://img50.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sh4imgmx7.jpg but I can't see any medals on his chest. So how does it work ?

My other problem is that I can't see medals in my medals box when I am in port http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sh4img2ra5.jpg I have installed all 3 files, v 1.5. I started new campaign too...

Cheers

Last edited by Egon01; 10-04-08 at 02:41 PM.
Egon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-08, 02:20 AM   #42
John W. Hamm
Watch Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon01
Well I must say this mod is great but I have 2 questions coz I don't understand how all this promotion system works

I gave 2 medals for good job on last mission to my Chief Petty Officer Veeder http://img50.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sh4imgmx7.jpg but I can't see any medals on his chest. So how does it work ?

My other problem is that I can't see medals in my medals box when I am in port http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sh4img2ra5.jpg I have installed all 3 files, v 1.5. I started new campaign too...

Cheers
this is listed in the read me and on the main page....

Awards add on:

1st, NO, the awards do not get added to the charachter as they earn
them in the same way the rank insignia's do, certain ranks wear certain awards and it. It is standard. To make it to where the awards worked like the ranks would be a
nightmare. (at least for me.)

For those of you who are in it for the Eye candy or have a dignitary visiting
this is for you. Your officers, Warrant Officers, and Chiefs will (American and
German) be wearing awards on their uniforms

for the second part of your question this mod only deals with the in game 3d Charachters not the charachters while you are in port.
Old 10-05-08, 02:22 AM   #43
John W. Hamm
Watch Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General
This is a compulsary Mod. Great work! I hope the AOTD Team have the good sense to approach you and beg you to allow them to put this Mod in their FOTRS Package

Hey they have my permission.
Old 10-06-08, 10:19 AM   #44
Egon01
Helmsman

Downloads: 14

Quote:
Quote:

Cheers

Awards add on:

them in the same way the rank insignia's do, certain ranks wear certain awards and it. It is standard. To make it to where the awards worked like the ranks would be a

for the second part of your question this mod only deals with the in game 3d Charachters not the charachters while you are in port.
Well it's strange because this bug happenes when I install the mod...
Egon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-08, 12:03 AM   #45
John W. Hamm
Watch Officer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers

Awards add on:

Well it's strange because this bug happenes when I install the mod...
What other mods do you have and what is your mod order