Old 01-25-18, 03:40 PM   #1666
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadfin View Post
6 months of research
10,000 people consulted (and one Oberleutnant ignored)
Ready to be mocked for the next 100 years
More like one friday afternoon on the piss.
4 or 5 suits who don't know their ass from their elbow and the entire Leeds Utd fan base and one Oberleutnant ignored.
Only 100 years, my my you're optimistic aren't you.
Old 01-25-18, 03:51 PM   #1667
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38

I was paraphrasing Leeds' twitter reveal of their new crest.

They seem quite pleased with themselves. I wonder how long it will take before the next try?
Old 01-25-18, 05:16 PM   #1668
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Whats the state of play with Leeds Utd Changing the Club Crest why not go the whole hog and change the Club name to Gaviscon FC
Heres me thinking its April the First
blackswan40 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-18, 05:23 AM   #1669
Obltn Strand
Commodore

Downloads: 135

NEVER ignore a certain Oberleutnant...
Old 01-26-18, 07:13 AM   #1670
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Newcastle have had a second bid for Feyenoord striker Nicolai Jorgensen turned down.

United's second bid for Jorgensen fell £5million short of Feyenoord's £20million valuation.

Newcastle must now decide whether they will raise their offer again.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-18, 01:41 PM   #1671
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Well it's been a particularly disappointing window I must say. I'm not one for gossip nor rumors, unless they concern football transfers, in which case I can not get enough. So this window has left me feeling a bit depressed. Not enough action, nor has there been enough rumors of action.

But there is still time, though not much.

As for the TOON striker search.... they desperately need someone who can put the ball in the back of the net. Someone who can come in and grab eight or ten goals in the second half of the season. Not so easy to find though. I had thought they should make a run at Chicharito. Now I hear it's Sturridge, expected by lunch, but a no show? Rumors, yeah. What about Giroud? Haven't seen enough of Newcastle this year to know if they'd be better off with a target man or a poacher. Probably doesn't matter much as long as they find the net. Takeover talks spanning transfer windows should be outlawed. as the real losers are the Newcastle supporters.

Years ago I recall playing a long save on one of the Football Manager games as Newcastle. FM 2009 maybe? Not sure, probably later as I had Demba Ba and Cisse. FM 2011 probably. Anyway, Adam Campbell was in the reserves, and I groomed him and brought him up. He ended his career a Legend, with over 600 goals in all competitions. A poacher of the highest calber. Money. Oh, what could have been

Actually, I see he's at Morecambe now and has amassed 13 goals in his career. What's Shearer up to? Sign him up.
Old 01-30-18, 08:54 AM   #1672
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I'm beginning to fear the worst...no further signings in this transfer window.

Old 01-30-18, 09:34 AM   #1673
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 370

2018 still unbeaten 2017 defensive holes plugged

Jesse Lingard in amazing form

2-0
2-0
3-0
1-0
4-0

Tottenham Highest placed opposition next game Away from home a real test
Old 01-30-18, 03:31 PM   #1674
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Kenedy, the loanee from Chelsea is expected to be picked to play for the TOON in their next match against Burnley and Manchester City defender Eliaquim Mangala is rumoured to be coming on loan.

We need strikers/goal scorers not defenders

Old 01-31-18, 04:11 AM   #1675
Obltn Strand
Commodore

Defenders seems to be valued at the moment. Christiansen signed another young fullback. This time from Holland...

Anyway lousy form continues. Point from Hull was a pure chance. All scoring attempts were long shots...

Last edited by Obltn Strand; 01-31-18 at 06:27 AM.
Obltn Strand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-18, 08:07 AM   #1676
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

There are now claimed to be 2 in and 4 out for Newcastle on deadline day, with the possibility of another 2 moves making it 8 deals in total.

Henri Saivet’s loan move to Sivasspor in Turkey has now gone through, the player flying in last night and after passing his medical, was confirmed as a loan signing today with possibility of it being made permanent in the summer.

More importantly, two incoming deals are said to have been agreed by Newcastle.

Islam Slimani is reported to be expected on Tyneside this afternoon to take a medical and finalise his loan move, though a thigh injury is said to be set to keep him out for a fortnight. No confirmation as yet in terms of whether it will include an option/clause to be made permanent.

Newcastle are also awaiting the arrival of Martin Dubravka. The 29 year old goalkeeper flying into Newcastle after finally being allowed to leave Sparta Prague after they agreed a deal for a replacement. His loan deal is said to have a permanent option attached. Rob Elliot has a back injury and this helps explains Rafa making a keeper deal a priority, which confused many fans.

In terms of outgoing, the arrival of Dubravka now means that according to Sky Sports, after appearing on the bench tonight against Burnley, Freddie Woodman will then quickly conclude a loan move to Aberdeen which will allow him to get some first team football.

Aleksandar Mitrovic is joining Anderlecht on loan until the end of the season, whilst Rolando Aarons has turned down Hull and Sky Sports report that instead he is joining Hellas Verona on loan until the summer. The Serie A club is managed by Rafa’s former assistant Fabio Pecchia.

Meanwhile, the Shields Gazette claim that Jack Colback is in talks with Nottingham Forest over a move, with no details on whether that would be loan or permanent, or bit of both…

There have also been claims that Newcastle could bring in another mystery player on loan…

So on the face of it, two in and four out today look very likely, with Colback out and another loan in, maybe also on the cards.

Obviously pleased that at last Rafa Benitez is getting some kind of freedom in trading players in and out but what a mess leaving it all until the last day, apart from the Kenedy loan deal.

Old 01-31-18, 12:07 PM   #1677
Moonlight
Admiral

Henry: 'NUFC move a no-brainer for Slimani'
Speaking on Sky Sports, Thierry Henry has labelled it a good move for both club and player.
“I’ve followed him for a very long time. He works hard, he’s good in the air, he’s quick. It’s a good move for him and for Newcastle. It’s a no brainer for me.”
Hmmmm, he's that good he's only started twice this season for Leicester city, I don't think he's capable of saving Newcastle from the dreaded drop and my spider instincts are agreeing with me.
Old 01-31-18, 01:42 PM   #1678
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

He could be a good fit. He wasn't at Leicester, he isn't going to be chasing down balls over the top like Vardy. But at Newcastle, he can get on the end of balls whipped in to the box from out wide. If he can get good service, I think he will come good. Six goals between now and May isn't a stretch.

As for saving them from the drop? I probably agree with you. He alone won't be enough. But I can see this working well for player and club.

A bit of action today, Aboomerang for Michy Batsh!tcrazy for le Lamp Post. Everyone's happy. Well, aside from BvB supporters, but their season ended 3 months ago. They're in trouble until they can hire a real manager.

I see Mesut the bug-eyed re-signed for the Gunners. 350k a week. How nice of him. I don't care how much they spend. Arsenal will achieve nothing as long as Wenger slowly gets eaten by his parka prowls the technical area. A true legend, but past his sell-by date.

Liverpool still haven't signed a keeper. SMDH
Old 01-31-18, 02:40 PM   #1679
Obltn Strand
Commodore

Finally a striker. A promising 19 year-old Tyler Roberts from West Bromwich. Bit young but long contract so let's give him chance.

Quess baggies are giving up...
Old 01-31-18, 05:25 PM   #1680
Moonlight
Admiral

Newcastle 1-1 Burnley
Kenedy had a good game for the Toon, if he can keep that up he could be the main supplier for Slimani. 22:25 and the Slimani deal is not confirmed yet, hurry up you prats you've only got while 11:00

Meanwhile Chelsea lost 0-3 to Bournemouth, a well deserved thrashing IMO.

Tottenham 2-0 Man Utd
A good performance by Spurs and an abysmal one by Utd, Fellaini came on as a sub and after less than ten minutes he was taken off, I haven't seen that happen for awhile.

Tags
british football