SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-23-10, 02:35 AM   #901
Lopo
Lieutenant

Downloads: 477
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
now let me pose this question to you all: since we now have a teleport order bar should I remove the teleport icons from the officer's order bars? I don't really see the need to duplicate the teleport commands.
Yes please!

Lopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-10, 04:11 AM   #902
Sonarman
The Old Man

Downloads: 79

Perhaps it would be a good idea to introduce an icon with a sub pic at the beginning/end of the officer's order bar and have the teleport commands popup in the order strip instead of having to press T, this would also allow you to use the existing 20x20 icon set?

Perhaps we could also have the SH3 style functionality where you could right click on the officer icon and be teleported to a location in front of the officer selected? This would be great in particular for those using Athlonics "more crew commands mod".

Thanks for all your amazing work on this so far, it's a shame you don't work for Ubi!

Last edited by Sonarman; 04-23-10 at 06:03 AM.
Sonarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-10, 04:49 AM   #903
gutted
The Old Man

Downloads: 470
Uploads: 10

geezus.. i dont check for a couple of days and it goes from version 1.2 to 1.8 LOL?

Solution Solver 2.3.2 - Visual Targeting Tools & Aids
gutted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-10, 07:18 AM   #904
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Ha, figured this would be out ( new version ) when I signed in today.

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-10, 07:51 AM   #905
LeBabouin
Mate

Downloads: 12

Quote:
can't upload anymore pictures...looks like there's a max # limit you can upload per account....
Why not use the [img] bb code tags ? They work here.
Old 04-23-10, 08:12 AM   #906
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBabouin View Post
Why not use the [img] bb code tags ? They work here.
it's not a problem of using the [img] code tags. The problem is someone hosting my photos. I was using photobucket but then I got a bandwidth exceeded event happen with my UIs mod so I dumped them. Neal told me about hosting photos here so I started saving all my photos here. I've been in contact with Neal about the problems I've been having about not being able to post new photos here. As of current I can post new photos now.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-10, 08:20 AM   #907
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonarman View Post
Perhaps it would be a good idea to introduce an icon with a sub pic at the beginning/end of the officer's order bar and have the teleport commands popup in the order strip instead of having to press T, this would also allow you to use the existing 20x20 icon set?

Perhaps we could also have the SH3 style functionality where you could right click on the officer icon and be teleported to a location in front of the officer selected? This would be great in particular for those using Athlonics "more crew commands mod".

Thanks for all your amazing work on this so far, it's a shame you don't work for Ubi!
I think I understand what you're saying here. Let's see if I have this right: you're saying place an icon at the beginning and end of the officer's order bar (?) (or order category bar - order category bar has the smaller icons). When the user clicks this icon the teleport commands appear as they do now?

Right click functionality is a no go. Remember the nasty right click bug? We're not doing that again

Now what I am trying to do is add more stations. The additional stations would be the watchstanders themselves (and down the road different places in the sub). This way I could add teleport commands that would teleport you to the watchstander (like SH3 functionality). Athlonics "more crew commands" is a great mod but the AI still is broken. The AI needs to read the state of things instead of just blindly assuming it knows all. It's that fact that makes sync between the officer's order bars and officer's order category bars and the watchstanders so hard. Case in point: if you were to order up man the deck guns using my icons and then made dialog with the XO he still thinks the deck guns aren't manned
Old 04-23-10, 08:31 AM   #908
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted View Post
geezus.. i dont check for a couple of days and it goes from version 1.2 to 1.8 LOL?

I have an incremental programming style. I concentrate on one new feature and then test (release). This prevents 'spaghetti code' and it makes the code more robust. It also makes it easier to track down and fix any bugs or anomolies that I may have introduced
Old 04-23-10, 08:32 AM   #909
Sonarman
The Old Man

Quote:
I think I understand what you're saying here. Let's see if I have this right: you're saying place an icon at the beginning and end of the officer's order bar (?) (or order category bar - order category bar has the smaller icons). When the user clicks this icon the teleport commands appear as they do now?
Just one large icon at the beginning or end of the order bar which when clicked by the user displays the small teleport to station icons inside the order category bar.

Shame about the AI in the crew commands dialogs hopefully the devs will do something there or offer some pointers.
Old 04-23-10, 08:37 AM   #910
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Just one large icon at the beginning or end of the order bar which when clicked by the user displays the small teleport to station icons inside the order category bar.

Shame about the AI in the crew commands dialogs hopefully the devs will do something there or offer some pointers.
I'm thinking more along the lines of a teleport icon added to the end of each officer's order category bar. When you click that icon it brings up the teleport order bar (just like you had pressed 'T').

yeah shame on the devs but we can probably do something about it. I'm hoping Athlonic will start adding this kind of checking to the AI as he works on his AI mod. If he doesn't I'll start rewriting the crew AI myself.
Old 04-23-10, 08:52 AM   #911
Sonarman
The Old Man

Quote:
I'm thinking more along the lines of a teleport icon added to the end of each officer's order category bar. When you click that icon it brings up the teleport order bar (just like you had pressed 'T')..
Yes, sounds good, although it does mean three mouse clicks each time for teleporting rather than two. Another alternative of course could be a competely seperate "slide in" bar for stations like in SHIII which would be a "one click" solution.
Old 04-23-10, 08:56 AM   #912
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Yes, sounds good, although it does mean three mouse clicks each time for teleporting rather than two. Another alternative of course could be a competely seperate "slide in" bar for stations like in SHIII which would be a "one click" solution.
I don't remember the slide in bar you're talking about. Got a screenshot?

I only have so much space on each officer's order category bar that's why I can't add all the teleport icons to them (I want the order category bars to be no wider than the officer icons width itself for aesthetics).
Old 04-23-10, 09:28 AM   #913
Sonarman
The Old Man

Quote:
I don't remember the slide in bar you're talking about. Got a screenshot?
You can see the icons at the side here. They slide in from the side on mouse over, Of course the location shown may be inappropriate due to the positioning of the tdc etc, they could perhaps be located elsewhere.
Old 04-23-10, 10:26 AM   #914
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Default Crew Commands by Dialog

I would love to have access to Crew Dialog Commands by using Right-Click on Officer Icon. This would also enable easy access to Crew Special Abilities (That most likely will be getting fixed soon). This could also free up some key bindings to be used for other things such as Teleporting to the various Camera Views.
I would also think it would be compatible with Athlonic's "More Crew Commands by Dialog" MOD without any special changes.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-10, 10:52 AM   #915
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Future ideas:

UI ideas:
  • Default Tool Helper to ON
  • Slide out speedchart/map/flag ID chart ala GWX
  • Additional Mapping Tools (Draggable compass, plotting tool, etc)
  • WhizzWheel (AOB wheel, is-was)
  • High rez 1500-3000m bearing overlay
  • SlideIn/SlideOut option buttons at the top (hover next to TC area and the toggle switches appear, basically able to hide all the yellow boxes up there.)

Game Improvement Ideas:
  • Figure out how to get the bearing overlay to appear at greater than last 2 zoom levels
  • Timestamps on contacts displayed on the map
  • List deck gun ammo on torpedo weapon page (plug-n-play so works with other damage screens would be great)
  • Combine a teleport to the control room with a crash dive command.

Integration with other UI mod ideas:
  • Integrate flag mod with on/off toggle
  • Integrate MRP 1.2+OPCF from Arclight

Last edited by kylania; 04-23-10 at 12:45 PM.
kylania is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui