SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-20-10, 08:29 PM   #706
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Now that I've removed Captham's key mapping mod the "shift + I" no longer works... I can't identify targets. I don't see the key on the keyboard mapping F1 screen either.

Anyone know what it is without his mod on?

McHub532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 08:59 PM   #707
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHub532 View Post
Now that I've removed Captham's key mapping mod the "shift + I" no longer works... I can't identify targets. I don't see the key on the keyboard mapping F1 screen either.

By default that's not mapped, yet another working feature left out of the keymap in the stock game for some reason.

You'll need to use a keymapping mod that restores it, or manually edit the commands.cfg to restore it, or ID ships yourself.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 09:13 PM   #708
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:

what about WEPS-->Torpedo Attack-->Identify target icon?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 09:15 PM   #709
kylania
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
what about WEPS-->Torpedo Attack-->Identify target icon?
Or that. :P

Old 04-20-10, 09:49 PM   #710
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I just pressed "z" and the voice comes on "Silent Running.. everybody quiet down"...

And we kept chugging right along on the surface at full speed.

Weird.
not weird. Wrong command being given for silent running is all There is more than one way to 'call' silent running.
Old 04-20-10, 09:58 PM   #711
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
By default that's not mapped, yet another working feature left out of the keymap in the stock game for some reason.

You'll need to use a keymapping mod that restores it, or manually edit the commands.cfg to restore it, or ID ships yourself.
Maybe this is my chance to get into modding. I'll look at captham's files and see what does what.. and try and then go and change the SH5 code to make that hotkey myself.

nervous....

commands.cfg you say?.... peaking carefully.

McHub532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 10:03 PM   #712
sirbum69
Navy Dude

Downloads: 127

using the new 1.3 and im loving it...Question tho, does anyone else have a problem with the depth gauge...

Seems if im at like 100M and i tell them to go to 70M instead they either do nothing, or it takes me deeper...

Only way i can get them to go up is to use the regular dive button that takes me to 40M. Then if i try and reset to say 60M while im rising it just does nothing...

reason i noticed this was cause i had 9 destroyers coming in on me, so i used the crash dive button...Once i got to 70M i stopped....Then i tried to go to 115M and it started going down, but kept going lol...

next thing i know i was at 130M and touching bottom, so I pressed the parascope depth button, and he tells me Go deeper damit lol....but i started rising....

All of the manual imputs for depth i was doing using the 5X button pressed..Other thing i also noticed is that the depth if you hover you curosr over it where you set the depth, doesnt update itself unles you go from easy mody to percise mode...

Just wandering if anyone else has problems using the manual depth setting or if its just mine
sirbum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 10:41 PM   #713
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

ok fixed the missing icons for multi-player (all the new icons for the top right bar plus the digital clock are now enabled in multi-player mode) and fixed the missing chat box.
Would post a screenshot but still can't upload photos to subsim community pictures and albums.

This makes a wrap for v1.4.0. Packaging up for release now.

Here's v1.4.0 change log:

v1.4.0 - fixed bug where normal propulsion icon could be highlighted at start of game when in actuality sub is in recharge mode
- issue more 'in-sync' commands at beginning of game to force code and game in sync
- added necessary entries into menu_1024_768.ini for skwasjer's speech recognition mod
- added an icon to the top right bar to control the visibility (toggle) of the lock/break in the UZO, attack, and obs stations
- fixed problems with radar
- fixed the bug where the take photo icon would not show up in UZO, attack, and obs views
- fixed missing icons and missing new top right bar icons for multi-player mode. Also enabled skwasjer's digital clock in multi-player mode
- fixed chat box missing in multi-player mode
- added new officer icons made by Nauticalwolf (corrected the CE not being the CE)

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 04-20-10 at 11:08 PM.
Old 04-20-10, 11:03 PM   #714
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antar View Post
Hey TheDarkWraith,
Look, we (as clan) use you multi-UI mod and have very good opinion about it. Unfortunately this mod have one missing thing in multiplayer mode - this a a multiplayer chat:

I know that this mod is not designed for multiplayer games, but is it posiible to add this missing functionality to this mod in -maybe- next version of your excellent mod?
fixed in v1.4.0 along with the missing new top right bar icons and digital clock
Old 04-20-10, 11:15 PM   #715
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v1.4.0 released. You can find it at post #1 of this thread
Old 04-20-10, 11:20 PM   #716
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:

Order Buttons are visible over the full screen Event Camera view and the Order Category bar is as well (I have mine view onMouseOver, so it shows when you mouse over the bottom like in this picture). You're also able to switch from Officer to Officer. Other UI elements are hidden while in this view and clicking doesn't activate the command but instead exits Event Camera.
just figured out how to fix this problem. Will appear in next version of the mod
Old 04-20-10, 11:29 PM   #717
kylania
Silent Hunter

Twisty periscope thingies ftw!! I'd enabled them only for the attack scopes before. heh

Old 04-20-10, 11:40 PM   #718
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Twisty periscope thingies ftw!! I'd enabled them only for the attack scopes before. heh
you don't like? I personally like them enabled on all scopes on all subs. So I included it as an add-on mod for those who like the same
Old 04-21-10, 12:04 AM   #719
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

I dont think i would play SH5 without this mod . Thanks , sober out .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-10, 12:24 AM   #720
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
We all know you are right 7thSeal. But it works best when you keep up the illusion that it's a real human.
I'm a real human...just very efficient at what I do Come out to the Chicago area sometime and you'll see

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui