SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-23-10, 10:20 AM   #481
thebat
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

great work RFB team! just want to thank you for this.
Old 03-23-10, 11:01 AM   #482
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

first kill ?

after patrolling two areas west of the Philippines, plagued with premature torpedoes and duds.. didn't kill anything in that first convoy then :

went to Appari, missed a Chitose...

then moved to the Luzon straight, spotted a convoy coming down, had only one bow and one aft torpedoes left, aimed, fired, dove to 223 feet and crawled away..

one was a hit !

it finally stopped, I hit just forward of the engine room I think.

now look above : I crept in to finish it off later with the DG, gravity beat me to it it seems !

keltos out

Last edited by keltos01; 03-23-10 at 11:57 AM.
keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 11:52 AM   #483
TH0R
XO

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Keltos, are you using my revised sensors pack? Download link some posts above ...
I am using the latest version, and so far my crew is blinder than with previous versions - at night. So far I only played single missions. But it might be down to my monitor.
Old 03-23-10, 04:41 PM   #484
Chromius
Sailor man

Downloads: 151

Thanks for all the work on RFB 2.0

And Thor your level bombing guide is great. (will hopefully need a new one when Bob/Sow finally comes)

Will upgrading from 1.52 to 2.0 and patch and RSRDC_RFB from 4xxx to 575 and patch at same time work fine if done in a port mid career? Or should I start fresh career?

Also is anything from RE 1.0 or PE4 an upgrade to the environment in RFB 2.0, I read both the RFB152 and PE4 manuals, and read threads and cant tell, since RE / PE4 overwrites much of rfb 2.0.

edit: in particular from RE 1.0 will installing #1 RE mod Install and #2 Submarine splash and roll pitch mod with new sound for stock sh4.

And in a nutshell whats the differences between RFB and TMO. I believe back when 152 was newest I chose RFB for more realism? Cant find a link even on dev site or post other than newest changes to the full readme on tmo, and I dont have the bandwidth to waste dl'ing the whole thing for the readme.

Thanks for your help, time is too short when playing AoD, testing HOI3 rc's/ playing HOI3 mp, IL-2 mp , FSX passx and AH careers, SH5 and SH4 and others, I run out of time to read everything in these threads, I was up to speed at 1.52 but not now. And with SH5 a let down (great engine with excellent potential though, I know the devs arent at fault) realism wise concerning ship sinking and ai and sub damage never mind other things, Im back to SH4 and just testing out new sh5 mods.

Anyone have a file for sh4voice to work with RFB 2.0 commands?

Cheers

Last edited by Chromius; 03-23-10 at 07:50 PM.
Chromius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 07:27 PM   #485
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

Hi Chromius. I'll try to answer your questions the best I can. Firstly, I never tried TMO, but I can tell you RFB is geared more towards realism. Secondly, you should be OK installing the mods (RFB, RSRD) mid campaign, but be sure you're in port befor doing so. If you're mid patrol, you're asking for trouble. Finally, RFB now incorporates the PE mod in it. Hope that helps you out.
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 07:45 PM   #486
Chromius
Sailor man

Ok , I did bother to read the last 33 pages. So I am sorry if I missed anything.

Thanks for those answers Fish40
Ok, the RFB / TMO is answered and the PE4 is answered.

Other questions before I start my 100% fresh patrol.

Is the TGT DIALS TO PK FIX _RFB mod integrated/needed?

Is SAP v.05 an Improvement to RFB?

RE 1.0

I see PE4 is integrated into RFB2.0 but the new RE 1.0 which combines the best of PE4 and ENV5 does seem to be an upgrade. I installed it and it does look better in my personal opinion (I must of got corrupted by my short stint with the SH5 eye candy, but I need to take screenshots. )

Does RE 1.0 the #1 part of the mod only, overwrite anything that affects RFB 2.0 realism for visual ranges ect......?

And yes I am another victim back to SH4 after finishing careers in RFB 1.52 and OM and was waiting on SH5. Heck with SH3 I think before GWX was refined RUB was what I used at that time too, GWX 3 was out much later though worth the wait.

edit:And the fog beta fix from page 30 is gone? Can I get a copy?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Chromius; 03-23-10 at 08:05 PM.
Old 03-23-10, 09:12 PM   #487
Chromius
Sailor man

1 suggestion/consideration.

In looking at crew placements for the control room and conning tower, I think that swapping the 8th/last control room position which places a man at TDC in conning tower with the 3rd position in conning tower where crew member is standing at small map table in conning. And make the 3rd Conning tower position appear at Conning Helm position would allow for more realisistic crew swapping for those that may bother when surfaced and submerging, that way either the control room or the conning helm can be manned as needed.

Also I know the special skills are being worked on, but I think it might be better if the Primary (Blue) skill was left as the top skill showing, and we only see the special skill (green) when selecting the crew member , it would make the special skills less obnoxious when crew members who have no need of them have them. And I am forced to click on them to ensure I have the correct blue specialty crew member on duty.

edit: Or maybe I have a bug, bow planesman is not showing up (full control room,full conning) unless I call General Quarters then the bow planesman appears? WAD?

Last edited by Chromius; 03-23-10 at 10:55 PM.
Old 03-24-10, 03:12 AM   #488
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlegM View Post
Any rough ETA on the next patch?

Many thanks.
Once I finish integrating the Narwhal, I'll release the patch. Hopefully sometime this week.

ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-10, 03:20 AM   #489
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromius View Post
Also I know the special skills are being worked on, but I think it might be better if the Primary (Blue) skill was left as the top skill showing, and we only see the special skill (green) when selecting the crew member , it would make the special skills less obnoxious when crew members who have no need of them have them. And I am forced to click on them to ensure I have the correct blue specialty crew member on duty.
Sadly, this is hard-coded and can't be changed.

Quote:
edit: Or maybe I have a bug, bow planesman is not showing up (full control room,full conning) unless I call General Quarters then the bow planesman appears? WAD?
The last two slots for each watch rotation in the control room are for the planesman. The best and most realistic way to simulate this is to take two enlisted men from each bridge watch and move them to these slots when submerged.

RFB Team Leader
Old 03-24-10, 10:53 AM   #490
TH0R
XO

Downloads: 52

Doesn't RFB have slightly modified version of RE 5.0 instead of PE?

What ever it includes I think it is the best looking water of any super mod. I just couldn't get over the way too transparent water in TMO.
Old 03-24-10, 02:48 PM   #491
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

Yeah, it's my bad I mentioned a couple of posts ago to someone that RFB includes PE, when indeed it is RE ( the teamwork of Kriller and WClear). Sorry for the screwup.
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-10, 04:43 PM   #492
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF View Post
Once I finish integrating the Narwhal, I'll release the patch.
Warning

The current version of RSRDC for RFB "will not" be compatible with this patch. A new version ( v580 ) will be released at the same time as this patch.
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-10, 04:45 PM   #493
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12
Default RFB and OM

Effective immediately, OM is no longer compatible with RFB. Code review has determined that files in OM that are also in RFB will cause an adverse effect on gameplay in RFB.

Any users that are currently running OM on top RFB showed de-install OM immediately and play on "stock" with OMEGU.
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-10, 07:02 PM   #494
Chromius
Sailor man

Quote:
The last two slots for each watch rotation in the control room are for the planesman. The best and most realistic way to simulate this is to take two enlisted men from each bridge watch and move them to these slots when submerged.
Yes I understood that. I found a bug in that I had upgraded from 1.52 and patch to 2.0 and patch in port. Which is when these 2 slots were added and on my Gato class the Bow planesman would not show up regardless of filled slots. (8th control room slot was actually putting man at TDC for me) I had it all written down. I tried a single player mission and a new career and all worked fine. I needed to start back in an S-18 class anyhow and see the improvements.

On the crew position is this all moddable for where the crew is placed when positioned, the only fault I have is that I can not have someone manning the conning helm position as it was often used in real life? I would like to add a slot for the conning helm position, or swap one control room position for it.

I dont want to slow you up on RFB 2.0+ and any SH5 you may have in the works though? Maybe you could point out the files and such that need to be changed in editor, I would like to fumble around, if its possible?

edit: And not to be a pain in the ass (which im sure i am) but is this the environmental mod incorporated into RFB now? Real Environment.

http://174.123.69.202/~subsimc/radioroom/showthread.php?t=149596

Last edited by Chromius; 03-24-10 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-24-10, 07:29 PM   #495
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromius View Post
edit: And not to be a pain in the ass (which im sure i am) but is this the environmental mod incorporated into RFB now? Real Environment.

http://174.123.69.202/~subsimc/radioroom/showthread.php?t=149596
Yes, it is.

The other questions I'll answer later. No time at the moment.

RFB Team Leader