Old 07-17-18, 04:07 PM   #4936
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

No it doesn't. You DID leave out the less martial meanings of the word like I said. Maybe it's different in the German language but in English words can have more than one meaning as it clearly shows in spite for your irritating white on white text.
Now it's enough @August
Trump is proven to be a cheater, a wimp, and an idiot.
Honestly, no rational-minded person understands your motivation.

But if YOU want it, I'm sure I'll find it out and will reveal it here.

Just shut up if you have no idea.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jetzt reicht es @August
Trump ist nachgewiesen ein Betrüger, ein Schlappschwanz und Idiot.
Ehrlich versteht kein vernünftig denkender Mensch Deine Motivation.

Aber wenn DU es darauf anlegst, finde ich es garantiert raus und werde es hier offenlegen.

Einfach mal die Schnauze halten, wenn man keine Ahnung hat.

Old 07-17-18, 04:16 PM   #4937
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

No it doesn't. You DID leave out the less martial meanings of the word like I said. Maybe it's different in the German language but in English words can have more than one meaning as it clearly shows in spite for your irritating white on white text.
August, yes I posted the first three usual meanings of the word 'foe' as it is described in the Merriam-Webster, and then the meaning as it is described in the Cambridge dictionary. The Merriam-Webster has indeed a fourth definition, as i already quoted in post 4914, and it is:
4 : something prejudicial or injurious
I also wrote that Trump does not care much about what he says, and he may indeed may have meant it less aggressively. Though i am sure he meant it exactly as it sounds.
Ok i give up, you "win"

My "irritating white text" as you wrote comes from the fact that quoting from the Merriam-Webster screws up colours because of its links, and also paragraphs and bold/thin letters. So in order to make this mess readable at all, i had to edit and re-edit it, and then finally switched it all to white because i did no get the original text colour back. It took almost 20 minutes just to make this !"§$%&/(!! post readable. Ah whatever!

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 07-17-18, 04:25 PM   #4938
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleiente View Post
I think that this whole discussion is going so well, because capitalism reaches its limits and that this representative (Trump) as president has always been a failure in the economy; it is only a mouthpiece for multilateral corporations.

So he just wants to uphold the standard of living for himself as well as for his family, which he / she simply took away from the hard-working sections of the population.

I remember such great domestic presidents as "Teddy" Roosevelt, who vigorously opposed the barbarism of profiteering, as well as of Standart Oil and similar societies.
Trump is just a symptom - he is the idiotic agent of capitalist interests.

I'm sorry but that is just hilarious! You sound like Radio Moscow back in the day!

What multinational corporations in particular is Trump a slave to? Certainly not AT&T (owner of CNN) so who?

The fact is Trump is the first politician in my lifetime to actually try to fulfil the promises he made on the campaign trail, and in spite of what the leftist media says so far he hasn't done bad at all.

And Teddy Roosevelt? Really?, he's your shining example of the anti-capitalist? The extremely rich guy who stole Panama from Columbia just so he could build a canal which turned out to be to the immense profit of, wait for it, commercial interests? Just hilarious!

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 07-17-18, 04:37 PM   #4939
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
And here I thought you had a sense of humor. Oops.

My, you do have a point: Trump actually being "weak and emotionally unstable" is not a laughing matter nor is the GOP doing a very fine job of protecting him. I promise to really take seriously the harm and danger to which both of them have left the nation, its laws, and its heritage...

I don't know; maybe Trump will get lucky and Mueller will have a 'sense of humor'...

Until then: lighten up - the 'joke' that is Trump will most likely soon be over...

<O>
Old 07-17-18, 04:38 PM   #4940
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
and he may indeed may have meant it less aggressively. Though i am sure he meant it exactly as it sounds.

Well dude all you had to do was read the rest of his sentence and you wouldn't have to be declaring a loss now:

What he actually said was:

"I think the European Union is a foe, what they do to us in trade."

That tells me that he meant it as a competitor not like we were going to go to war with you.

Quote:
Ok i give up, you "win"

Well actually I won way back in November of 2016. Hopefully i'll win again this November when the repubes hold on to congress and again in 2020 when Trump wins reelection.

Old 07-17-18, 04:41 PM   #4941
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:

Well actually I won way back in November of 2016. Hopefully i'll win again this November when the repubes hold on to congress and again in 2020 when Trump wins reelection.

Oh dear, he's smoking that whacky tabacky again...

<O>
Old 07-17-18, 05:01 PM   #4942
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleiente View Post
Now it's enough @August
Trump is proven to be a cheater, a wimp, and an idiot.

Just last month he was a maniac war monger trying to start a war with North Korea and now he's a "wimp"? Well that "idiot" was smart enough to beat out 16 (17 counting the Hillabeast) other challengers and go on to win the oval office and he did it without cheating. He remains in office in spite of the best efforts of both political parties and the media who have destroyed their own credibility in their failed efforts to bring him down.

Quote:
Honestly, no rational-minded person understands your motivation.

But if YOU want it, I'm sure I'll find it out and will reveal it here.
Says the guy so blinded by his own bias and hatred that you will say just about anything in an impotent attempt to irritate someone who doesn't drink your brand of koolaid. Hilarious.

Quote:
Just shut up if you have no idea.
See what I mean? Well make me shut up.

You get 70% of your energy from Putin. So if he has anyone under his thumb it's you Germans, yet you want to quibble over the meaning of an English word with an English speaker. Just hilarious!

Last edited by August; 07-17-18 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-17-18, 05:31 PM   #4943
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
I don't know; maybe Trump will get lucky and Mueller will have a 'sense of humor'...
Mueller will need a sense of humor and some magic to pull that rabbit out of his hat.

Quote:
Until then: lighten up - the 'joke' that is Trump will most likely soon be over...
I thought I had lightened up. It's all very entertaining actually.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 07-17-18, 06:11 PM   #4944
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I fully understand there are people who strongly support Trump as there are those who do not.

The supporters, must have made some kind of facepalm after his statement after the meeting in Helsinki.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 07-17-18, 06:26 PM   #4945
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
You get 70% of your energy from Putin.
2017 Germany, according to the German Federal Office of Statistics, has imported oil and gas form Russia worth 19.8 bn Euros, that equals 35% of all German imports of these two fossil fuels. Russia is just one of 23 or 27 nations that Germany buys gas and oil from.

The 70% claim comes from the projection of the Northstream-2 pipeline (in construction) that can transport gas from Russia to Germany directly and bypasses Poland, Ukraine etc. However, most of that gas is not meant to be delivered to germany for consummation, but further distribution to France, the Czech Republic etc. The US strictly opposes this project and tries to torpedoe it since long because the US want to sell their own liquidized gas (is that the term in English? The abbreviation is LNG) to the EU.

The strategic dependency of Germany form russian energy imports is not the real aim of the Donald's fake fact. And why should the Donald strategically dislike Germany making deals with Donald's new close buddy Vladimir anyway?

The German goverment since several years follows a plan to diversify its energy imports. The imports from Russia have been substantially reduced over the last years.

40% of the German energy mix is produced via nuclear plants, renewables, brown coal. Most of those 40% are renewables, and their share is climbing. Nothing from these three energies comes from Russia.

The Donald babbles fake facts once again, or is it allowed to call it just bullsh!t ? He has his facts not straight, like often on Germany (and others as well), and he probably does not care to have them straight anyway, being the great propagator and conductor of public opinions that he is.

Germany is Russia's second biggest trading partner behind China, but for Germany, only 3% of German imports come from Russia and 2% of German exports go there. That makes Russia not really a heavyweight of German trade interests. The dependency is such that not Germany is Russia's hostage, as the Donald claimed, but more reasonable it would be to see things right the other way around.

The last simulation that was run on behalf of a government demand to learn how a total energy embargo by Russia would affect Germany, showed that currently Germany could hold out, without further preparation than what already has been done, for 5 months. That implies that in these 5 months Germany would not try to replace the Russian blocked deliveries and find no other deliverers on the world market. Of course, germany would not stay that passive.

The Donald is a circus animal trainer in the circus ring, he has his domestic donkeys dancing around him while he stands there, and instead of using a whip he swings fake facts and propaganda, and all the donkeys run in a choreographed circle around him and yell Eeeee-Aaaaa!

As a summary: Germany's energy demands are met by Russian imports like this: 12% of the total German energy need is serviced with Russian oil, 9% of the total German energy demand is serviced with Russian gas, and then there is 3% of the eneregy demand serviced with Russian imports of black coal. And thats it. Further, Trump wants the Europeans to buy American liquidized gas, LNG. Like he wants them to buy non-competitive cars nobody in Europe voluntarily wants to buy, we just do not like them that much. The issue whenever Trump talks of "unfair trade" is that he wants non-competitive American products being enforced on others to buy them nevertheless. That is his defintion of "fairness": selling non-competitive stuff at overpriced prices so that the donkeys at home go Eeee-Aaaa! Fake-fair, that is.

Build your export cars in such a way that we like them better, and then maybe we will buy more of them. That simple it is, Donny. Thats why many Americans like to buy German and Jsapanese cars: becasue they are build in such a way that Amerians lik,e them. No Satanic magic in that, no unfair tricks or anything. Just delivering what customers in the US want. While even investing in the American homeland and producing there and creating jobs there and paying taxes there (more than Google or Apple do in Europe...) instead of just importing from Japan and Europe.

Last edited by Skybird; 07-17-18 at 07:04 PM.
Old 07-17-18, 06:54 PM   #4946
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I think any meaningful discussion is useless here.
The future will show what an incomprehensible idiot this Trump is, although the Trumpeltier had already proved it sufficiently in the past.

Nothing has ever produced this wimp, only squandered his father's stolen money.

Oh yes - in my opinion, he should now be charged as a traitor.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ich denke, jegliche sinnvolle Diskussion ist hier nutzlos.
Die Zukunft wird zeigen, welch ein unfaßbarer Idiot dieser Trump ist, wobei es das Trumpeltier ja schon in der Vergangenheit hinreichend bewiesen hatte.

Nichts hat dieser Schlappschwanz jemals zustande gebracht, hat nur das ergaunerte Geld seines Vaters verschleudert.

Achja - nach meiner Meinung sollte er jetzt auch als Hochverräter angeklagt werden.

Old 07-17-18, 07:03 PM   #4947
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

That's another question

Did President Trump break some Federal laws when he said those things at the press meeting ?

Or was his acting nothing more than-you fill in your own words here. ?

As Platapus once told me(us)

He may be a jerk, but this is not a federal…..something (forgot the word)
mapuc is online  
Old 07-17-18, 07:16 PM   #4948
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I had said it immediately after the press conference.
Interestingly enough, just a few hours after me, an ex-CIA chief also said Trump committed treason.

But this must and should be clarified by the corresponding prosecutors and the courts.

Old 07-17-18, 07:44 PM   #4949
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
2017 Germany, according to the German Federal Office of Statistics, has imported oil and gas form Russia worth 19.8 bn Euros, that equals 35% of all German imports of these two fossil fuels. Russia is just one of 23 or 27 nations that Germany buys gas and oil from.

You are right it was an exaggeration, however 35% is still a big enough amount to still maintain his point, especially when the remainder is split 22 (or 26) ways.

Quote:
The 70% claim comes from the projection of the Northstream-2 pipeline (in construction) that can transport gas from Russia to Germany directly and bypasses Poland, Ukraine etc. However, most of that gas is not meant to be delivered to germany for consummation, but further distribution to France, the Czech Republic etc.

"Most of that gas" still means that with the completion of that pipeline Germanys imports from Russia are going to grow, maybe not 70% (although that could change) but for sure they will grow.

Quote:
The US strictly opposes this project and tries to torpedoe it since long because the US want to sell their own liquidized gas (is that the term in English? The abbreviation is LNG) to the EU.

Of course we oppose it. Our NATO partner, a nation we have spent trillions protecting and fostering for decades prefers to improve their ability to trade with the very people that NATO exists to defend its member nations against while you blow off your financial obligations to it but we're jerks for bringing it up?

Sometimes I wonder if we'd be better off leaving European defense to Europeans. Maybe keep a relationship with the Brexit Brits just to maintain a forward base in case you produce another Napoleon or Hitler. I can't imagine you'd be sorry to see us go. After all you have done nothing but complain about us for decades anyways.

Quote:
The strategic dependency of Germany form russian energy imports is not the real aim of the Donald's fake fact. And why should the Donald strategically dislike Germany making deals with Donald's new close buddy Vladimir anyway?

In other words 2+2 doesn't equal 4 and anyways why should 4 get upset just because it consists of two pairs?

Could it possibly in some far off universe mean that Trump actually does dislike Germany making deals with the Russians? I mean, sometimes things are actually as they appear to be!

Old 07-17-18, 08:37 PM   #4950
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I fully understand there are people who strongly support Trump as there are those who do not.

The supporters, must have made some kind of facepalm after his statement after the meeting in Helsinki.

Markus
Yes, when everyone is saying Russia did try to meddle when Obama was president into the election and Obama did sweep it under the rug because people thought Hillary would win, but to the bigger fact, both sides agree it was stopped and had no impact on the election. Trump should just tow the theme Nikki Haley promotes, Russia did it, it didn't impact the election, but it's serious and outrageous and will be dealt with.

I think Trump is so stuck on the collusion charge that in his mind he connects anything to do with Russia interfering with himself and unable to promote them as two separate issues. It would be so easy to do. This makes people suspect Russia has something on Trump, but I find that hard to believe considering he's conducted successful strikes in Syria that killed Russians, sent advanced weapons to Ukraine, expanded sanctions on Russia, expelled Russian diplomats from the US, rebuilt the military, condemns the pipeline, got Nato spending increased, etc..

Trump is acting like he did with Kim in NK, like respect and kudos. I think it's his business approach of carrots and getting a foot in the door to work deals that he can brag on, but it just doesn't work with politics the way he does it and he seems beyond himself to grasp it to protect his delusional ego.

..and yes, I voted for him and will again.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter