Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-23-19, 12:24 AM   #2476
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
No, I was talking about something serious like my eyes which needed a 3 month wait for the doctor to see me at a VA hospital, but they finally did and fixed me up good even free meds etc.
I'm sorry you had to wait, but glad they did get you sorted out.

Quote:
... your problem is probably connected to your cataract surgery that didn't work out, but the going to the bathroom might be your prostrate health. Your body is definitely trying to tell you something that's for sure.
I don't think so. Part of the bathroom problem is likely connected with the diabetes. The other part is the ongoing intestinal problem I've been having. This actually felt similar to something I had several years ago, which the doctors said was not Mononucleosis but was related. Right now I'm feeling pretty good. If it comes back I know how to get a ride to the VA now.
Old 04-23-19, 12:36 AM   #2477
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
I'm sorry you had to wait, but glad they did get you sorted out.

I don't think so. Part of the bathroom problem is likely connected with the diabetes. The other part is the ongoing intestinal problem I've been having. This actually felt similar to something I had several years ago, which the doctors said was not Mononucleosis but was related. Right now I'm feeling pretty good. If it comes back I know how to get a ride to the VA now.
Not to get TMI, and ugh, I know we don't like talking about it, but a life long friend of my father was diagnosed yesterday with Prostate Cancer. Get that mess checked if you even suspect something might be up. It's apparently going to be up to us men to take care of each other.

But you are right, Diabetes can do that to you. My dad can vouch.
Old 04-23-19, 02:17 AM   #2478
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Up and on my computer for the first time in three days. Friday night I went to bed as usual, and as usual had to get up a couple of times to hit the head. Nothing unusual there, until I got up again Saturday morning, went to the head again and then back to bed. And then again. And again Saturday afternoon. And Saturday evening. Saturday night I was up just long enough to post a place-holder in the '100 Years' thread. Sunday morning was more of the same. And Sunday afternoon. And Sunday night.

I don't mean to be repetitive, but I needed to give an idea of what this was like. I slept for more than forty-eight hours. Didn't eat anything. Didn't drink anything for more that twenty-four hours, and then only because I forced myself to.

Woke up this morning with a mild headache. My eyes have gone blurry so I can't drive to the hospital. No money for a cab, or even the bus. I really don't want to tie up the services it would waste to call an ambulance. I found out that my HUD-funded apartment is part of a network of transportation services, so I can get a ride with them. If I'm not well tomorrow I intend to do just that. Meanwhile I'm feeling well enough to type again, and I don't feel like going back to bed.

This morning I actually had a little breakfast. We'll see how tomorrow goes.
any chance of a furnace related monoxide problem on your HUD unit? Long term drowsiness and a mild tension headache are typical symptoms of the problem.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-19, 02:40 AM   #2479
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
any chance of a furnace related monoxide problem on your HUD unit? Long term drowsiness and a mild tension headache are typical symptoms of the problem.
This might be one of the most terrifying things I've read online in a long time, but you are not wrong.
Old 04-23-19, 04:15 AM   #2480
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Fortunately not much chance at all. Everything's electric - no gas anywhere.

Whatever it was seems to have passed. After trying to catch up past work I suddenly found myself going to bed at 0200. And then - as often happens - I couldn't sleep. Now it's 0313 and I've decided to go ahead and catch up the other missing stuff - like my WOFF playing. The store opens in less than three hours and my eyes are normal again, so I can drive, and I need some milk.

Or I might fall asleep before then. We'll see.
Old 04-23-19, 06:47 AM   #2481
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Fortunately not much chance at all. Everything's electric - no gas anywhere.

Whatever it was seems to have passed. After trying to catch up past work I suddenly found myself going to bed at 0200. And then - as often happens - I couldn't sleep. Now it's 0313 and I've decided to go ahead and catch up the other missing stuff - like my WOFF playing. The store opens in less than three hours and my eyes are normal again, so I can drive, and I need some milk.

Or I might fall asleep before then. We'll see.
Great news mate and I know it obviously wasn't a priority at the time but you could have sent me a PM and would have immediately done my 'xmas' thing.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-19, 07:01 AM   #2482
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Up and on my computer for the first time in three days. Friday night I went to bed as usual, and as usual had to get up a couple of times to hit the head. Nothing unusual there, until I got up again Saturday morning, went to the head again and then back to bed. And then again. And again Saturday afternoon. And Saturday evening. Saturday night I was up just long enough to post a place-holder in the '100 Years' thread. Sunday morning was more of the same. And Sunday afternoon. And Sunday night.

I don't mean to be repetitive, but I needed to give an idea of what this was like. I slept for more than forty-eight hours. Didn't eat anything. Didn't drink anything for more that twenty-four hours, and then only because I forced myself to.

Woke up this morning with a mild headache. My eyes have gone blurry so I can't drive to the hospital. No money for a cab, or even the bus. I really don't want to tie up the services it would waste to call an ambulance. I found out that my HUD-funded apartment is part of a network of transportation services, so I can get a ride with them. If I'm not well tomorrow I intend to do just that. Meanwhile I'm feeling well enough to type again, and I don't feel like going back to bed.

This morning I actually had a little breakfast. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

I hope things go well for you Steve and you are on the mend. Hopefully, you will be well enough to be able to get outside for a bit. I always feel better when I'm outdoors.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-19, 10:01 PM   #2483
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

A GORGIOUS DAY ASEA IN THE CARQUINEZ STRAIT OFF MARE ISLAND WITH THE CAPTAIN'S NEW TOY: A 360 CAMERA...TEMPS IN THE EIGHTIES WINDS AT 20 MPH, WAVES AT 2 FT AND SUNNY!! WE HIT 9 KNOTS ON THE DOWNWIND LEG. < I'M THE HANDSOME GUY ON THE PORTSIDE!...AND ON THE DOWN SIDE VIEW:

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 04-28-19 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-27-19, 10:26 PM   #2484
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Damn, wish I was aboard but I know I would be too busy with life. Sure you don't need salt water fishing gear? I have more.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-19, 10:55 PM   #2485
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Let me know when you're "in the 'hood " I'll stop by. Fishing isn't real feasible from a narrow cockpit Catalina with three large old guys however!

Old 04-27-19, 11:27 PM   #2486
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Be there the whole week from 5-25 through 6-2 during the day at least for the big push to get dad's house ready for rental. Call me otherwise as I'll be on tap and I still have a lot of salt water fishing gear to find a home for. Reels and lures as the big rods are gone. Some abalone stuff as well if you know somebody.

This goes for anybody else who might be interested. There is also a large collection of small shells all identified by genies and species I need to find a home for. Some large nice shells as well.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-19, 06:57 AM   #2487
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Taking a break from work and chilling out. Need a break from those silly work hours that get too me after a while.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 11:08 AM   #2488
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Waiting to see the handiwork of my new buddy (left, an ex Welsh Guardsman). He's from my dad's home town of Pwllheli in Wales and he colourises old black & white photos as a hobby... mostly military subjects. He says he'd like to have a go at an old photo of me standing with my brother in our Army Cadet days in the 1970s

I'm not sure, but I think he's given this photo a bit of colour-enhancement too... he uses a special software for this but I'm never sure that I like the results

It will be interesting to see what he makes of it and I'll post it when he's done
Old 05-05-19, 11:44 AM   #2489
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post

Waiting to see the handiwork of my new buddy (left, an ex Welsh Guardsman). He's from my dad's home town of Pwllheli in Wales and he colourises old black & white photos as a hobby... mostly military subjects. He says he'd like to have a go at an old photo of me standing with my brother in our Army Cadet days in the 1970s

I'm not sure, but I think he's given this photo a bit of colour-enhancement too... he uses a special software for this but I'm never sure that I like the results

It will be interesting to see what he makes of it and I'll post it when he's done
well as long as he doesn't over-enhance your ''tan' it should be ok!

Old 05-05-19, 10:48 PM   #2490
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Sitting in a cafe eating a Full British.

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote