SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-03-15, 01:22 PM   #91
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default welcome aboard!

snakedocpl! after a half decade silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-15, 03:12 PM   #92
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakedocpl View Post
Hi all,

it is really nice piece of equipment

If you are interested, here you can find the simulation of the real, original device.

--
Regards
Maciek
Nice

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-15, 06:57 AM   #93
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome Aboard Maciek

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-15, 07:38 AM   #94
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Welcome to SubSim snakedocpl.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-15, 01:57 AM   #95
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30
Default A New Way To Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakedocpl View Post
Hi all,

it is really nice piece of equipment

If you are interested, here you can find the simulation of the real, original device.

--

Regards

Maciek

Thank you Maciek,

Are you the author of the Torpedo Vorhaltrechner Project? That is some fantastic research into the workings of the TDC.
There is so much information within the site, really wish it was live when I started this project of mine.

Since I've not done anything with my electronic tdc for the last 6 months I've nothing new to share.
But with the information that this provides, I may rethink a lot of what I've done and see if it's possible to incorporate the real workings of the TDC into the project, giving proper control within SH3.

This shows how much was left out of SH3 and simplified in obtaining a firing solution, I may be able to rework my code to force SH3 to work closer to the real deal via my hardware tdc.

Also spotted that the Demo uses graphics that I was creating for a SH5 project that later was completed for uboot hahd and now will finally see the light via Manos in MaGUI-Uboothahd edition.

That was a nice surprise, glad they were of use for the excellent demo on the site.

Think this will inspire me to get back into production mode and get coding and building again.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-15, 04:40 PM   #96
snakedocpl
Swabbie

Downloads: 21

Hi all,

thank you for a warm welcome. These are my first posts to the subsim forum, however I'm old reader and I have been following many interesting topics for a long time.

Hi Reaper7

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Are you the author of the Torpedo Vorhaltrechner Project?
Yes, that's my site and my project.

Quote:
Since I've not done anything with my electronic tdc for the last 6 months I've nothing new to share.
But with the information that this provides, I may rethink a lot of what I've done and see if it's possible to incorporate the real workings of the TDC into the project, giving proper control within SH3.

This shows how much was left out of SH3 and simplified in obtaining a firing solution, I may be able to rework my code to force SH3 to work closer to the real deal via my hardware tdc.
Well, when I have spotted your project some time ago, I started thinking about building replica of the German TDC - maybe not in terms of complete internals accuracy, but something similar to your work - something like black-box with identical behaviour. Although, maybe soon the 3d printing technology makes possible creating all these tiny gears, bevels, shafts, screws and so on.

Quote:
Also spotted that the Demo uses graphics that I was creating for a SH5 project that later was completed for uboot hahd and now will finally see the light via Manos in MaGUI-Uboothahd edition.

That was a nice surprise, glad they were of use for the excellent demo on the site.

Think this will inspire me to get back into production mode and get coding and building again.
I hope you don't mind I have use it without asking? I gave credits to your work at the bottom of the page.

I really look forward to see your work - I hope, you will publish the results here.

--
Regards
Maciek
snakedocpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-15, 10:53 PM   #97
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30
Default A New Way To Play

You have done an outstanding job with your project, not only with your research but the maths behind it all.
Well done, it's an historical treasure trove of information.

Thinking I can now create a more realistic version of the TDC to use within SH3.

Might have some questions for you, will go more in depth into your work and see what's possible to integrate into my system.

Trying to figure out how the comparator pointers functioned in respect to the standard pointers. Think I may be able to design then using my newest twin pointer gauge boards.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-15, 05:01 PM   #98
Red Heat
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 243

auuuu...its outstanding!

´´There is three kinds of man: the living, the death,
and those who are at Sea.´´

Plato
Red Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-15, 11:19 AM   #99
Rdolfi7
Nub

Downloads: 24

Is this project still active?? I tried the sim2reality.com link and it doesn't seem the domain has been kept up, and the last reply on this forum has been a year ago.

I have embarked on a rather similar project controls and instrumentation project, but with a rather large twist. I'm attempting to interface a bunch of antique WW2 US Navy bridge equipment to a computer using Arduinos and use that as THE ULTIMATE NAVAL SIM CONTROLLER for Silent Hunter 4/5 as well as other Naval sims I haven't decided on yet.

So far I have a steering station, engine order telegraph, gyro-compass repeater, RPM indicator, all of which are driven by old-school 3 phase synchro servo motors which I am working on sending and receiving signals from. Eventually I hope to have a fake periscope/binoculars to use as screen along with a conventional screen and mouse for using the map, along with a bunch of other goodies.

What may put a dent in my plan, is that without a way to pass data with Silent Hunter, I'm stuck to just emulating a keyboard, which is lame. It appears reaper7 has figured that all out though. If you could please PM me reaper, and share details with how your interface works, I (and the rest of the community who will go bananas over this) would greatly appreciate it!!!
Rdolfi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-15, 11:21 AM   #100
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard !

Rdolfi7!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-15, 11:25 AM   #101
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim Rdolfi7

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-15, 12:16 PM   #102
Rdolfi7
Nub

Downloads: 24

Wired up a synchro from an RPM indicator to the gyro-compass to test it last night. It lights up and everything!

Computer controlling these is going to be difficult, but not impossible. Airplane instruments work in a similar way and flight-sim people have hooked them up for their sim pits. Mine are just bigger, heavier, and higher voltage. But I'm dead in the water if I can't interface with the game.

A new thread with pictures of the other equipment will be forthcoming!!
Rdolfi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-15, 07:06 PM   #103
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

I see you've continued on with the project. The whole panel looks great.

Can you share what the cost is to build one, or will you be selling them?

One more question. Will this setup work with SH3 and SH5?

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-16, 04:48 PM   #104
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Any progress on this John ?

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote