Old 01-02-17, 05:03 PM   #361
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
It takes most people ages before they can play FSX, owing to the load-time
Load time isn't too terrible here but the CTDs are quite annoying. Oh the joy of aaaalmost reaching Moose Jaw quite a few real life breaks away only to have the whole flippin thing crash to desktop. One day I might reach Newfoundland. Or not.
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-17, 10:41 AM   #362
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Default Giant tool

My friend nailed a pipe and flooded his kitchen on Christmas Eve, so I've got him this huge Pat Mustard mallet to go in his giant Pat Mustard toolbox; all he'll need then will be some rubber nails. You'd think he'd know where all the pipes are in his house, being a bloody architect

I wrapped it, so he wouldn't guess what it is

Last edited by Eichhörnchen; 01-04-17 at 01:10 PM.
Eichhörnchen is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-17, 12:54 PM   #363
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Ya mean Pat Mjölnir !

Quote:
...this huge Pat Mustard mallet to go in his giant Pat Mustard toolbox;
Not
to a true son of St OLAF BBY!- Norwegian Lutheran CollegeExtremely durable weapon forged from the Asgardian metal Uru by the command of Odin; favored weapon of Thor. Only those of sound moral character and integrity may lift Mjolnir. The hammer can summon the elements wind, rain, thunder, and lightning for the wielder to use at their discretion. It is able to open interdimensional portals, such as the one to Asgard. Ol time religion meets politics even today:
Seal of the capital of the Faroe Islands

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-17, 02:00 PM   #364
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Default One man's hammer

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=6898
Old 01-03-17, 02:38 PM   #365
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Had a nice walk today out in the cold, not many folk about on the first day back to work. Not for me I go back Thursday..Lol.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!

Last edited by STEED; 01-03-17 at 02:48 PM.
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-17, 03:25 PM   #366
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

You better not say that word (you know... back)
Old 01-03-17, 05:38 PM   #367
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Had a nice walk today out in the cold, not many folk about on the first day back to work. Not for me I go back Thursday..Lol.
The gargoyles better start getting worried then

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-17, 11:00 AM   #368
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Opened my Facebook page this morning and was greeted by this:

Old 01-04-17, 11:52 AM   #369
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

cool Talk about 'glassy eyed' !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
Opened my Facebook page this morning and was greeted by this:

Hey you'll B 'good 2 Go!
Squirrel Mounting Kit

Fits: 6 inches x 8 inches length

Sold per Kit

WASCO's squirrel mounting kit is perfect for aspiring taxidermists. The kit includes everything you need (except the mannikin) to mount a life-size squirrel on your very first try!
Each kit includes a pair of glass eyes, an Accu-Flex tail, and all the supplies needed for completing your mount using the dry preservative method. Just order the appropriate sized squirrel mannikin you wish from our extensive selection.
Squirrel Mounting Kit Includes:
<UL> 6 ounces Puffed Borax
3 ounces Dry Preservative
1 Tri-Cornered Needle
Cotton Batting
10 Sequin Pins
Flexible Squirrel Tail
1 pair Glass Eyes
3 ounces WASCO Water-Based Clay
3 ounces Sallie Dahmes Hide Paste

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 01-04-17, 01:52 PM   #370
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Back to work tomorrow just what I need, really not joking looking forward to going back.

As of the norm went out for a walk did my Back exercises part one, part two latter tonight and in about ten minutes I shall be tuning in to the radio as TV is a disgrace full of rubbish. Give me the radio any day.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-17, 09:33 AM   #371
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Back to work tomorrow just what I need, really not joking looking forward to going back.

As of the norm went out for a walk did my Back exercises part one, part two latter tonight and in about ten minutes I shall be tuning in to the radio as TV is a disgrace full of rubbish. Give me the radio any day.
Be sure to pass on my best wishes for the new year to Quasimodo

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-17, 04:02 PM   #372
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

I get a crick in my back from all the junk my wife piles in the bed, this being the latest:
Old 01-05-17, 04:21 PM   #373
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

You sure have big and strange-looking mites

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-17, 01:41 AM   #374
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Old 01-06-17, 01:30 PM   #375
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Icon12 The perfect storm meets the perfect kitchen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Due View Post
Anyone near Friday Harbor, Washington? What's up with your winter weather, guys?
Quote:
Big storm taking aim at Napa County
Quote:
Napa County is amid the calm before a big weekend storm, raising questions of whether the area will experience flooding and enough runoff to trigger the Napa flood control bypass for the first time. The quarter-mile-long bypass completed in summer 2015 (Army Corps of Engineeers $18 million$) has yet to do more than serve as a park.
“We have seen and heard reports of anything from an event like the one we had a day or two ago to the storm of the century or something akin to that,” said Richard Thomasser, who keeps an eye on the bypass for the Napa County Flood Control and Water Conservation District.

He and other flood control officials keep a watch on National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration postings of Napa River levels at Oak Knoll Avenue between Yountville and Napa. When the level there hits 22 feet, they think the bypass about five miles downriver will carry storm waters..levels expected at 1/2 in. every hour for twelve hours. Get out the shovels! Landslides and road closures expected. A highly amplified upper-air pattern in the Pacific Ocean, featuring blocking high pressure near the Bering Sea and Alaska, and a downstream plunge of the jet stream off the Pacific Northwest coast, will likely park an AR over the state for what could be two to three days starting Saturday.
When these ARs stall over land and are lifted by mountain terrain, significant flooding often results. About 80 percent of California's major flood events can be traced to ARs, according to NASA.
The bottom line is: the threat for more widespread river, urban flooding and landslides will rise substantially this weekend, particularly over northern and central California.
<This is aimed at me??! They're sand bagging downtown along the River as well.>THE GOOD NEWS IS: the CA drought is over!

I myself am plastic-sheathing/duck taping a leaky thermal window with poor flashing on the storm South side of the house and battening-down the hatches.. permanent solutions can wait. Fortunately the furnace was quickly replaced on Tuesday; the temp this AM was 29 degrees F.... Frost everywhere! The new (Wife's retirement) kitchen is nearly completed: still awaiting back-ordered dishwasher. The carpenters are hard at it again today. < particularly pleased with the new garage door; the original had a small-pet aperture and was thus not to fire-delay code. Particularly like the tile backsplash over a hammered copper basin:
Gas range/electric oven(better for baking) Egad! now to read all the manuals so I can live in my own kitchen! Should be done...in time for the next earthquake!

Last edited by Aktungbby; 01-06-17 at 01:47 PM.