SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-10-10, 01:42 PM   #2686
Forensicman101
Gunner

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 0
Default Early Type XXI mod for OM

If anyone's interested, I've made an "Early Type XXI" mod that's workable with Lurker's Operation Monsun mod. This is my first mod & my first attempt at uploading a file for other people to use, so any advice would be gratefully received.

The file can be found here:
http://www.filefront.com/17279490/Early XXI OM.zip
Forensicman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-10, 02:24 PM   #2687
etheberge
Watch Officer

Downloads: 614
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by themrwho View Post
@etheberge,

I did this and tried twice to dock @ Kiel. In the past it CTD either 9 out of 10 or 10 out of 10. Now 2 out of 2 successful docking.

Results of quick testing suggests problem is now solved. I will test extensively tonight.

Thank you very much!

EDIT - (assuming it's permanently fixed now) I knew it was not my tiny lovely 99.1 config change ultra mini mod
Good to hear Mister Who,

Let us know if it looks permanently fixed. BTW I also have an ATI card, so maybe there's something that the card or driver doesn't like about those pens. Could be an ATI CCC setting too that causes the CTD with the pens installed but I've been too lazy to check.

Edit:
Take it easy on tater bro, the guy's got 7k+ posts and is one of the most respected Subsim members, he was just trying to help :-)

11 War Patrols / 56 ships sunk or damaged for 212,022 tons
Zero casualties throughout the war
Scuttled on 8 May, 1945 in Sonderburg Bay, after German surrender
etheberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-10, 04:47 PM   #2688
themrwho
Torpedoman

Downloads: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by etheberge View Post
Good to hear Mister Who,

Let us know if it looks permanently fixed. BTW I also have an ATI card, so maybe there's something that the card or driver doesn't like about those pens. Could be an ATI CCC setting too that causes the CTD with the pens installed but I've been too lazy to check.
Yeah could be ATI CCC advanced options but I will not troubleshoot too if it works, I'm more than happy to disable 2 files (pens).

Sure, after more tests I will post an update here to let others now if the fix is permanent.

Quote:
Edit:
Take it easy on tater bro, the guy's got 7k+ posts and is one of the most respected Subsim members, he was just trying to help :-)
Well I tried to be polite and thanked him twice, but I don't like to be RTFM'd when I have invested more than 6 hours to read the document set...

@tater,
Anyway, if my previous post seemed harsh, apologies.

PS: Yours truly now has 32 posts... Top poster contact spotted, bearing 180, closing fast ETA 3 years though!
themrwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-10, 05:10 PM   #2689
themrwho
Torpedoman

Downloads: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forensicman101 View Post
If anyone's interested, I've made an "Early Type XXI" mod that's workable with Lurker's Operation Monsun mod. This is my first mod & my first attempt at uploading a file for other people to use, so any advice would be gratefully received.

The file can be found here:
http://www.filefront.com/17279490/Early XXI OM.zip
Thanks for sharing...

(link needs a small edit)
themrwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-10, 05:54 PM   #2690
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Good to hear you got it fixed! Just safe to always double-check starting with the last and least common mod

I still recommend getting RSRDC out of the equation just for safety, since you won't need it while playing the OM campaigns anyway, but other than that sounds like you're set.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-10, 01:27 PM   #2691
Forensicman101
Gunner

Default OM 720 Merchant List

For those who are interested, I've produced a MS Word document listing all the merchant ships in OM version 720 & giving their tonnage & draft. I find this handy for (a) torpedo depth settings & (b) choosing which target to go for in a convoy.

(link below)

http://www.filefront.com/17284863/OM v720 Merchant List.zip
Old 09-17-10, 10:10 AM   #2692
BULL
Seaman

Downloads: 241
Default Hatch wont open! HELP!

I am playing my first OM career in a Type IIB out of Kiel in Sept 39 and all was going great until the last time I surfaced.... my crew doesn't come to the bridge.... and CO2 continues to build. I can go to the bridge and use the UZO.... the diesels are running and charging the batteries but my crew is sufficating below in CO2. I have tried several submerge and resurface but can't get the air level back up.... the CO2 warning stays and I think my crew has fallen asleep below......

Any ideas if I can fix this or do I need to end this career???
BULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-10, 10:15 AM   #2693
BULL
Seaman

Default Nevermind!

Honestly I did a search on CO2 in this thread and the search engine came back empty.....

Anyway.. I just found some posts while browsing this thread that talk about this bug in the stock game ... I will try exiting to main menu and loading the game back in to save the crew! Sorry for the redundant post!
Old 09-17-10, 10:18 AM   #2694
BULL
Seaman

Default One more thing

Thanks to all that created this awesome mod to SH4 - It saved me from buying SH5 with all it's DRM that I HATE!

Bravo to the mod team!

Old 09-18-10, 06:31 AM   #2695
Forensicman101
Gunner

Default Neutrals in convoys

A suggestion for the next version of OM: remove neutral ships from Allied convoys & replace them with Allied-flagged ships. Any such ship was open to attack by U-boats - something that neutral countries had been warned about. Therefore, players should not be penalised for sinking a neutral ship in an Allied convoy.
Old 09-18-10, 09:24 AM   #2696
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forensicman101 View Post
A suggestion for the next version of OM: remove neutral ships from Allied convoys & replace them with Allied-flagged ships. Any such ship was open to attack by U-boats - something that neutral countries had been warned about. Therefore, players should not be penalised for sinking a neutral ship in an Allied convoy.
In OM there are no neutral ships. Ships with neutral flags count for positive renown. It's up to the player to make the decision.
Old 09-18-10, 04:37 PM   #2697
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

As Sailor Steve wrote: No neutrals.

A long standing in-game bug means ships set to neutral don't behave in the same way as in SH3, IIRC, they don't react to you when you sink some of their ships.

Lurker and the Battle for the Baltic guys had to set the nominally neutral countries to hostile to get them to attack you if you attack them.

Something along those lines anyways....

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
MGR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-10, 10:21 AM   #2698
captaindnnis
Sailor man

Downloads: 31

Ahoy,,
is OpsMonus only working @ 1.5 ??or also other version's?
because i dont have 1.5
captaindnnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-10, 10:57 AM   #2699
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindnnis View Post
Ahoy,,
is OpsMonus only working @ 1.5 ??or also other version's?
because i dont have 1.5
It's 1.5 that adds u-boats into the game. Without u-boats there is no Op Monsun. So it only works with 1.5.

Sorry.
Old 09-22-10, 08:05 AM   #2700
rubenandthejets
中国水兵

Downloads: 20

First I'd just like to say this mod is really doing it for me! I've been splashing about for a couple of weeks now, and I've managed to survive until July 1940 with a more than 200K in Davy Jones Locker-bounced a couple torps off the Glorious off Norway to boot.

I've got a quick question about the modelling of a: the Battle of Britain and b: the cruiser patrols aimed at intercepting the German surface raiders in the Iceland / Faroes / N. Scotland areas in the latest version.

Apart from the oportunities for eye candy such as waves of bombers on their way to Hornchurch et al, I was thinking about the effect of swarms of Me109s on Cosatal Command's pesky planes and the same swarms making it easier for Unkle Karl's Dorniers surviving longer. Sorry, although I greatly appreciate the work of modders I'm a clown who has trouble accessing the code and working this stuff out for myself. I've seen a bit of Kanalkampf, with some Ju88s fighting over my merchant, and the spotter planes seem to be surviving a bit longer now its July 1940. Are these examples just the product of my wishful thinking?

I've also been trawling off the NW of Scotland, looking for the RN cruisers and destroyers on patrol to intercept or at least spot the the Kreigmarine's surface units sallying out. As I recall a slab of cruisers were constantly searching and being a renown pig I was looking to pop a few off.

Have these factors been considered? Just wondering.....

One other thing I've noticed is the Swedish ships are classed as enemy ships. I've read the info about how neutrals have been reclassified but it seems a little strange for me to be getting full points and even medals for sinking Swedish iron ore cargos destined for Krupp factories in the Ruhr. I also noticed that other nations that were trading with the Reich such as Spain have their harbours full of green ships-maybe Swedish flagged ships could be reclassified in the same way. It will give me an incentive to get out of the Baltic chokepoints and into the Western Approaches

Thanks in advance and keep the updates coming!