SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-23-09, 02:04 PM   #91
Karbo
Sailor man

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0

Great Job!! Kriller2 and W_Cear I am enjoying the fruits of your labor immensly.
Karbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-09, 02:59 PM   #92
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

I know some of you out there are useing this mod with the current RFB. I'm also useing the current RFB and would like to know which parts of the mod should be used, and should they be installed befor or after RFB? I know the next version of RFB will include this mod, but I'd like to give it a try NOW!!!
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-09, 04:32 PM   #93
rcjonessnp175
Weps

Downloads: 82

Fish40, install it after RFB and also dont install part 2 or part 3 of the mod, this is what ive done and having no problems other than i spend all day drooling on my self looking at these awesome waves. Correct me if im wrong guys im not the expert by any means

Jonesy

The mother ship,Coolermaster HAF, I7 intel overclock 4ghz, , 6gb mem, 5870 crossfire, soundblaster Xfi titanium , Oh and 52 inch samsung 750 120hz. 7.1 onkyo 1200 wattss system
rcjonessnp175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-09, 04:36 PM   #94
Vikinger
Captain

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 6

I wud say that you can use it whit any mods.
It only changes the environment. It will not affect any other parts.
However it add the stock orange marker over your sub so just delete the Umark.dds file before you install it. Can be found in Data/Misc directory Main install.

The mod comes whit 1 main install and 4 others optional installs.
Install only the main part as they other could affect your sub and the AI boats.
Old 03-23-09, 05:58 PM   #95
Fish40
The Old Man

Thanks for the info guys
Old 03-23-09, 06:57 PM   #96
silent killer
Soundman

Downloads: 49
Default enviro mod

thanks kriller and w clear have dl the mod,
Old 03-24-09, 12:17 AM   #97
skookum
Weps

Downloads: 35

Awesome Mod WC!! I only have two gripes. The water is too transparent for my taste. I think you should just barely be able to make out the boat down to periscope depth, perhaps maybe still be able to occasionally see bits and pieces another 20 feet lower.

I also noticed that the fringing around the sub glows at night. This bug disappears when complex wavelets are turned off.

Supreme mod man. I love the narrower moon/sun reflections!

Last edited by skookum; 03-24-09 at 01:39 AM.
skookum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-09, 06:08 AM   #98
Fish40
The Old Man

I just installed parts 1 and 4 after RFB, and WOW!! So far, I haven't noticed any real loss of FR. I was really worried about that.I installed during a current patrol figureing since these files were texture files it was OK. The weather at the time was partial clouds, and glassy seas with 2 targets on the horizon.

When I went to the bridge view (with fingers and toes crossed) I was greeted by awesome looking clouds, better reflections IMO, and what was most surpriseing to me, a seemingly slight increase in performance! Mabey my imagination was running away with me, but it seemed that I was able to pan around alittle quicker, and my mouse cursor seemed alittle less laggy. Hey I'll take what I could get! Hopefully higher sea states and storms won't be too crushing on me. All in all I'm a happy camper Thanks Kriller and Clear! All the best
Old 03-24-09, 03:06 PM   #99
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skookum View Post
Awesome Mod WC!! I only have two gripes. The water is too transparent for my taste. I think you should just barely be able to make out the boat down to periscope depth, perhaps maybe still be able to occasionally see bits and pieces another 20 feet lower.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/59/USS_Chicago_(SSN_721)_at_periscope_depth_off_Malay sia.jpg
http://www.navy.mil/navydata/cno/n87...ttl-rimpac.gif
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_FnqhniZCwjY/SJ...cope_Depth.jpg

ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-09, 03:29 PM   #100
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

I am not clear on this fog issue. If I read correctly Ducimas said there could be problems with the merchants guns showing up. Maybe he was referring to if you tried to change the fog factors.

So, is there a way to change the fog with TMORSRD without messing up TMO1.7's guns...anything.

I don't like the fog, but overall it's such a great work I would rather deal with it than give it up.

You can actually sneak into convoys without a problem and using OKane and sometimes just guessing get hits. You get within 400yards, being able to lock on or not, just line up and shoot and you're gonna hit. I always wanted to do night surface attacks. In one way, fog makes this possible, but in the other it may dumb the AI down too much. You can sneak in a convoy and sink as many merchants and dd's as your ammo allows without them ever seeing you...just stay 300 yards behind a dd and he's easy prey, repeat the process, then take out the merchant ships.

I havent read, but it almost seems that the light fog renders the same AI effects as if it were heavy....

I saw the post that adjust the fog circle, so if someone will clarify if it works without messing TMO1.7 up.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-09, 04:52 PM   #101
andrut82
Watch

Downloads: 41
Default RE + NSM?

anyone tried to launch RE with NSM? I was using NSM + PE 4 with Special Effects for NSM...this new RE mod is quite a looker so I'd like to find a way to launch NSM with RE...but the problem is that oil slicks and debris is gone when I launch RE...
andrut82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-09, 05:04 PM   #102
neosnk35
A-ganger

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrut82 View Post
anyone tried to launch RE with NSM? I was using NSM + PE 4 with Special Effects for NSM...this new RE mod is quite a looker so I'd like to find a way to launch NSM with RE...but the problem is that oil slicks and debris is gone when I launch RE...

i thought those oil slicks and dead bodies were from PE4 not NSM4.. i too like some goodies from PE4...

well just have to wait for w_clear and kriller for some additions for this magnificent mod...

neosnk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-09, 05:07 PM   #103
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

(couldnt we put that in the instal the one that came with PE4 to RE?)
Old 03-24-09, 05:13 PM   #104
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Default FORS

If I remember correctly, WClear env was used in FORS. I don't play that, but the interior sub graphics were awesome, much sharper and crisp, the metal looked real. I was so hoping that those sub interior changes were to be included with this mod. Maybe someone tweaked WClears work, but I sure loved the way the sub interior looks in FORS and wish it were included.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-09, 05:31 PM   #105
kriller2
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force View Post
(couldnt we put that in the instal the one that came with PE4 to RE?)
This should be possible, the special effects mod uses the "#1 PE4 Install main/Data/Library/materials.dat" and the "#1 PE4 Install main/Data/Library/particles.dat" with some of the textures from data/tnormal/tex/textures (something named, fire, smoke, oil etc.) after that install the special effects mod from PE4 for your mod combination, RFB, TM etc.

The reason I haven't worked on the special effects mod for RE and the other parts of PE4, is that we want the environment mod to be just an environment mod, which the modder of RFB and TM then can integrate in there mods without to much trouble.

Before I had to test the different parts of PE4 with different combinations of mods and it took allmost one month just to be sure the different parts of PE4 worked with all the different mod combinations and it was a pain in a.. to find out why some guy suddenly had errors with there special combination of mods.

BTW thanks alot for all the thumbs up and bug reports

Real Environment mod

and Pacific Enviroments 4 mod
kriller2 is offline   Reply With Quote