SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-14-13, 01:54 PM   #1681
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Link at post #1 changed to reflect newest version - v 1.1.277.1
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-13, 02:37 PM   #1682
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-13, 04:20 PM   #1683
gap
Navy Seal

Just tested the new version of the editor/viewer.

The background of the preview window is grey instead of the usual black. And when I tried opening a file nothing appeared, no matter what fill mode (point, wire, solid, etc.) I selcted. Meshes are shown as a white silhoutte only when fixed rendering mode is selected instead of 'Programmable (Shaders)'. I tried recompiling shaders, but not joy.

Tested with several ship units; always the same result.
Old 01-14-13, 04:44 PM   #1684
silentmichal
Frogman

Downloads: 241
Uploads: 0
Quote:

TheDarkWraith, GREAT!!! I'll test new version - of course I'm still waiting for PIFT by Privateer . Maybe you'll repair bug with AO-texture coordonates? But, THANK YOU

EDIT

Unfortunatelly, I also have this bug - I loaded file, and... gray background . TDW, If you have any time, please repair it .

EDIT 2

When I selected "Fixed mode" in rendering tab - it's OK, but without textures - If I do sth bad, please give me tips.

EDIT 3

Sorry for my fail , about gray background - everything is OK - I had to change SH5 install folder .

Last edited by silentmichal; 01-15-13 at 09:58 AM.
silentmichal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-13, 06:02 PM   #1685
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Currently using GR2 Editor v1.1.265.1 for cloning/modifying bones around ships. Whenever I finish modifying a bone, I confirm the changes by clicking the 'Store' button (the 'Update' button is always grayed out ).

When I want to save the changes on file, it keeps giving me this message:

I click yes, and I receive confirmation that the file was saved successfully. Nevertheless, soon after I receive an unmanaged exception warning, saying that "the file was saved successfully but still indicates that it has been modified!"

Closing the file and reopening it, demonstrates that my changes were actually saved. Is that normal?
Quote:
As far as your question to is that normal? I would say no but I need a step by step procedure of what you did so I can duplicate it and see what's going on. Most likely because you are using an older version of the app. I'll need the file you were modifying and step-by-step procedure of what you did. I coded in errors to pop up when the app did something it shouldn't have! There is a lot of double checking going on behind the scenes and if one item in the checklist is incorrect I throw an error.
Tested again, this time with editor v1.1.272.1 (I wanted to test with the last version, but as I reported in my previous post, I have problems using it). This time the three of 'Changes' buttons (Update, Store and Reset) are greyed out after cloning a bone . Nonetheless, I can save, and no error window pops up. Closing and reopening the saved GR2 confirms that the changes were saved correctly.

The procedure I've followed:

- I opened NAGC_C2Appalachian.GR2
- I checked and selected node: cfg#C01_NAGC_C2Appalachian
- I right clicked on it and selected 'Clone' from the cotextual menu
- I renamed the cloned bone to cfg#R01_NAGC_C2Appalachian
- I saved the GR2
Old 01-14-13, 06:17 PM   #1686
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Another "issue" I have noticed is that if I open the modified GR2 in Goblin Editor, and I merge it with its zon, dsd, etc files, I receive the message:

I didn't investigate further, but I suspect that some Id's were reassigned. Is there a way to prevent it? I haven't renamed any object but the cloned bones...
Quote:
I had a closer look at my modded GR2, and I think I've discovered the problem... Worse than expected

Id's are still unchanged, but the bones from FX_C1_Dummy001 to FX_C7_Dummy07 were removed together with their child bones. I only hope that it happened due to a mistake of mine...
Quote:
maybe I've found the culprit of my problem:
Menu Edit => Options => LNK@ => Automatically resolve => FX
it was unchecked.

Fingers crossed, and I'll let you know
the GR2 I was talking about was the same NAGC_C2Appalachian.GR2 as in my previous post. This time I copied the whole NAGC_C2Appalachian folder and, opened it in GR2 Editor (v 1.1.277.1) and, before doing my changes (as described in the post below), I checked all the LNK and LNK@ options.

Dunno which of my tricks helped, but tis time, after saving the file, the FX dummies were still at there place. I Checked it in Goblin Editor

Last edited by gap; 01-14-13 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-14-13, 06:24 PM   #1687
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Just tested the new version of the editor/viewer.

The background of the preview window is grey instead of the usual black. And when I tried opening a file nothing appeared, no matter what fill mode (point, wire, solid, etc.) I selcted. Meshes are shown as a white silhoutte only when fixed rendering mode is selected instead of 'Programmable (Shaders)'. I tried recompiling shaders, but not joy.

Tested with several ship units; always the same result.
Very strange. I downloaded the link and everything works fine. Did you extract everything from the download? It sounds like you're missing the Shaders folder. Delete both .cfg files so the app will rebuild them. They are currently set to my config of my computer. This will bring back the black background also. You can change the background color at any time in case you weren't aware of it.
Old 01-14-13, 06:26 PM   #1688
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentmichal View Post
TheDarkWraith, GREAT!!! I'll test new version - of course I'm still waiting for PIFT by Privateer . Maybe you'll repair bug with AO-texture coordonates? But, THANK YOU
Didn't know there was a problem with AO texture coordinates. What is the problem? Tell me how I can try and duplicate the 'problem' so I can see for myself. I'll need a detailed step by step procedure including the file to open.
Old 01-14-13, 06:37 PM   #1689
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Very strange. I downloaded the link and everything works fine. Did you extract everything from the download? It sounds like you're missing the Shaders folder. Delete both .cfg files so the app will rebuild them. They are currently set to my config of my computer. This will bring back the black background also. You can change the background color at any time in case you weren't aware of it.
Okay, deleting the cfg files made the trick
Old 01-15-13, 08:33 AM   #1690
gap
Navy Seal

Another idea for keeping you busy during your flights: data/Objects/Guns; have you ever looked into these files?

They contain guns' models and the information for their animation. Goblin Editor displays these animations, but not your Editor
Old 01-15-13, 08:35 AM   #1691
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Another idea for keeping you busy during your flights: data/Objects/Guns; have you ever looked into these files?

They contain guns' models and the information for their animation. Goblin Editor displays these animations, but not your Editor
Yes that is correct. I have not figured out how animations are stored in the GR2 file yet. I know where they are located in the GR2 file but I don't know how to decipher the data.
Old 01-15-13, 08:41 AM   #1692
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Yes that is correct. I have not figured out how animations are stored in the GR2 file yet. I know where they are located in the GR2 file but I don't know how to decipher the data.
Editing these files with your editor, would screw up the stored animations in any way?
Old 01-15-13, 08:49 AM   #1693
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Editing these files with your editor, would screw up the stored animations in any way?
Not at all. I know where they are in the file thus I read in all the data associated with them. I then write the exact same data back to the file when it comes time to write the file
Old 01-15-13, 08:58 AM   #1694
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Not at all. I know where they are in the file thus I read in all the data associated with them. I then write the exact same data back to the file when it comes time to write the file
You are impeccable
Old 01-15-13, 10:01 AM   #1695
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

I'll do a write-up of how to change geometry via points and scaling later today because I don't think anyone understands this/knows how. Anything else anyone is wondering how to do/is possible to do?