SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-07, 09:06 PM   #1336
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Let's get that patch Ubi

RDP

Back in the Day

Old 05-23-07, 11:59 PM   #1337
Krumenacker
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRaiderRefuse to sign any petitions or mail or anything, they do no good and any lawyer will tell you that they're useless.

OK, name a lawyer and give their justification.

[Shut up every one and listen]

Yes shut up, good advice rather than post message #1333 telling the last 1300 people to shut up.

[OK, Everyone who seems to think that all this griping and petitioning and boycotting is going to bring a patch is wrong. I pointed in another thread recently that for half a year now people have been doing the same to get a patch for the PC version of Splinter Cell: Double Agent, and there still isn't one. So trust me when I say this isn't going to help.]

Oh, so you joined the protest for Splinter Cell wanting your money's worth? You feel Splinter Cell didn't get fixed, this shouldn't either? You are a lawyer, and say this isn't going to help? Confusing.

[I bought Silent Hunter IV about a week after it came out and patched it to 1.2 and 1.2 as they were released. I have not had half of the problems some people seem to complain about, I find the game is very very entertaining. Yes i said GAME, not simulation, to me, a simulator is something that the government overpays for and hardly ever uses.]

Maybe people are applying the wrong patches, they should patch 1.2 and then 1.2, it works for you. Then again what works for everyone doesn't work for every one. Is your game trolling? Well we overpaid and will hardly use a simulator that doesn't work. Maybe the government should sign a petition or hire better lawyers than yours.

[I bounce back between III and IV cause I like comparing the differences in my Gato class and my Type IXC and all.]

Is that all you get from this "game."

[Most of the people that are complaining I see must not spend much time playing this game because they are the ones almost always logged in here and not giving the game the chance it deserves.]

You give the game the chance it deserves but manage to read and track the malcontents. What do you do at the AFB, UBI P.R.?

[If this whole thing is getting to you that much, then take Dr. Sydey Freeman's advice
"Everyone, drop your pants and slide on the ice"
For those of you who don't know what that means, RELAX and wait
]

Drop you pants, relax, and wait? No thanks, I'll sign the petition.
Old 05-24-07, 12:41 AM   #1338
Der Kolkrabe
A-ganger

Downloads: 18

My SHIV still sit on desk and waiting new patch... so UBI - please give us patch 1.3
Old 05-24-07, 01:32 AM   #1339
SirHendrik
Mate

Downloads: 295
Default Patch request

I bought 3 copies of SH3 - one for every computer here so we were able to play lansessions.
I was thinking of the same here for sh4, but after I bought the first DVD I decided to wait for a functional version of this game.
There are a lot of people waiting to buy a copy of sh4. But these people keep waiting until the major bugs are fixed.
This great community has done a lot of work: They did the beta-test, they documented the bugs, they created their first mods to fix some minor bugs, but now we have to wait for Ubi to fix the major bugs, cause we have no chance to fix them on our own.

Ubi, please give your devs the chance to complete the great game they started and give this community a chance to improve the game after the patch!
Old 05-24-07, 02:18 AM   #1340
Cougar_DK
Watch

Downloads: 11

Let us have a patch that fixes the game and makes it worth playing. My game is in dry dock until we get the next patch.

I just wish that the devs had fixed the game before giving us the graphics update. But I guess we got what some of us wanted

I just hope we get 1.3 or else this game will sink to the bottom. I will not recommend it to anybody.
Old 05-24-07, 04:19 AM   #1341
Woof1701
Commodore

Downloads: 9

I've been playing the Silent Hunter Series from 1 over 2 and now Silent Hunter 3 for years. Unfortunately the only version that came off without bugs and properly finished was the original SH1. SH2 was a disappointment to me and I played it only because it was the only sim that was out there. Silent Hunter 3 would have needed further improvement as well which unfortunately didn't happen by UBI but by the community. Surely I will hold off buying SH4 and stick with SH3 until those elementary problems are resolved. After all, SH3 is still a fairly moden sim with a great community, and EUR 50,- is a lot of money for something that's not working as advertised.

Please UBI Soft: don't let SH4 stand in the rain. The game has the potential to become the greatest (and best looking) WW2 Subsim out there. Keep subsims alive by producing not just a fairly good but a really great sim.
Old 05-24-07, 05:55 AM   #1342
-=2RTR=-Somnus
Swabbie

Downloads: 62

It's called bad fricken buisness! And its whats wrong with society these days! Riddle me this... how is this any different then buying a car with three wheels? Or getting half a haircut? Or getting 30 minutes when you clearly paid for 60 at the pink house? Yet gaming companies are continually getting away with theft!

Would the better buisness buro do anything? Nope!

I want a working speed tracking system! Make me Chrono work dammit!

please....with suger on top....

"If it didn't kill you, it didn't hurt"!

"From the mud,
through blood,
to the green fields byond"
Old 05-24-07, 07:24 AM   #1343
poppyjudge
Bilge Rat

Default All For your position

Count my vote

poppyjudge@verizon.net
Old 05-24-07, 09:06 AM   #1344
U-139
Swabbie

Downloads: 6

Buying Ubi games has become a real crap-shoot. Seems like its best to wait 4-6 months before buying any Ubi product, just to see if they're actually going to support their titles or correct any problems with their games. This may be the last straw.
Old 05-24-07, 09:32 AM   #1345
PopManiac
Watch

Count me in gents!

I have not posted in quite a while, but I made a decision that I did not wish to announce as too many gripes are already posted each day.

I refuse to play SH4 any more (:p) unless the game is friggin playable!

I have had enough of loading a saved game and play worrying for a crash or whatever, I have had enough of having a fun mission ruined because two destroyers decided to ram my periscope and sink, I have had enough of crappy realism with torpedoes where two can sink a warship but ten do not even slow down a merchant!

I feel 'ripped' off by UBI, unless they come up with a solid patch I will NEVER buy anything they issue again....
Old 05-24-07, 09:57 AM   #1346
Delusory
Seaman

played SH3 for some time and fell in love with this sim. Waitted for SH4 for sometime just to know that it is realesed, but not finished... There are some things that need to be fixed (e.g speed calculation with stopwatch) to have a playable and enjoyable game.

Sorry for my English
Old 05-24-07, 11:09 AM   #1347
Fader_Abel
Bilge Rat

Whoo time to release a patch!
Old 05-24-07, 11:34 AM   #1348
Dragnet
Swabbie

Downloads: 4

If SH4 would have been a car, prescription drug, airline, house builder etc UbiSoft would have been sued straight to hell 17 times by now.

This borders on fraud.
Old 05-24-07, 11:34 AM   #1349
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fader_Abel
Whoo time to release a patch!
Well said, patch in the works!
Old 05-24-07, 11:57 AM   #1350
orangenee
Engineer

Well we can all shutup now, finally some news.
Closed Thread