Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-28-08, 03:00 PM   #1
AKAGI7137
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Some advice for somebody trying to buy Shells Of Fury

Back on Dec 3 2007 I ordered Shells Of Fury (the Hard Copy version - not the download - as a collector I want the physical version) from Strategy First. When I put my order in , as now, there was absolutely no indication such was not available but now, almost 3 months later, I still do not have my game as they say it is on backorder.

I have seen it other places since but have stuck with Strategy First on the basis that, correct me if I am wrong, they are the principal English version distributor and if they are waiting for new stocks if there have been any changes since it first hit the shelves they would materialise with the new supply - I was thinking in terms of 'does there version come with a printed manual or if there had been a version 1.1 would they have it?'. I was prepared to wait in case the second production run was more up to date or better in some way.

But now I think they have had their chance and an even better and cheaper supplier has become available and I am on the verge of attempting to cancel my order with Strategy First and going elsewhere.

However before I do this could somebody put my mind at rest. Are all copies of Shells of Fury born equal - do they all come with a printed manual (or do they all not?) or has there even been any kind of update to the code that the posibilty of a patched disk might be worth the wait.

Please advise.
AKAGI7137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-08, 04:50 PM   #2
Deamon
Commodore

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

As far as I know there are no patches and there won't be any but there is a second part of this game in development.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote