SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-12-07, 04:14 PM   #226
Laffertytig
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 110
Uploads: 0

yep ive posted in the wrong thread
Laffertytig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-07, 04:49 PM   #227
Reno
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben cg
Nice patrols Reno
Thanks, Ben. Your encounter in the fog with an armed merchant sounds pretty intense. First firing blind and then from the hip. Well done. Manual plotting is the only way to go and sonar attacks are especially gratifying. Although I'd never use the external camera to aid in an attack, I do think it's going to be awhile before I turn it off. Too many amazing things to see and hear once the fish are away. And to miss the experience of panning away from your boat as she plows through the waves and hi-res foam with Glenn Miller playing in the background, well, that's just too much to ask. I do understand the rationale though.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-07, 05:45 PM   #228
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffertytig
so this mod takes affect up until 43. what happens then? does it revert back to vanilla convoys etc?
It does not revert back to "vanilla" convoy. Please read the first post again for details off all changes

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 11-12-07 at 07:47 PM.
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-07, 07:19 PM   #229
Doolan
Torpedoman

Downloads: 16

I apologize in advance for the time that will be wasted and the bothans that will die replying my question which is based solely on my complete ignorance of this mod's structure.

I tried RSRDC along with RFB following the simple instructions by sober. I liked RSRDC so much that I'm more than willing to say that it does for the campaign layers what leovampire's work did for the sea. It's a whole new game, and a MUCH better game than stock.

There were, however, some features in RFB that didn't match my playing style completely, and I missed many aspects of TMaru, so I duplicated my TMaru 1.6.5 folder, removed any folders that conflicted with RSRDC and added some extra ROW stuff on top of it all.

I got no crashes, but it would seem that the improved plotting is gone (I could clearly see ship silhouettes, and what's more, colored ones). I also noticed that hydrophones worked in the surface rather well, something I believe didn't happen before.

I didn't try it much further, assuming that I had done something wrong, but I suppose there would be more issues.

Probably due to my ineptitude alone I also had some issues with the ROW realistic camera, but that's another matter.

The solution to merge RFB and RSRDC doesn't seem to apply that well to TMaru, yet it has been said here that it works with TM 1.6.4.

Is there a known way of using TM 1.6.5 with RSRDC's awesome missions, radio messages and the like?
Doolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-07, 07:31 PM   #230
Fincuan
Admiral

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolan
Is there a known way of using TM 1.6.5 with RSRDC's awesome missions, radio messages and the like?
It involves removing conflicting files and folders, but also manually editing plenty of files. Many hours of that is required if you want to retain Bungo Pete, New construction careers, the new TMaru sensors, etc. I'm currently working on that, and the work should be ready and released by the end of the week, provided that everything goes well.
Fincuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-07, 08:05 PM   #231
Doolan
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fincuan
It involves removing conflicting files and folders, but also manually editing plenty of files. Many hours of that is required if you want to retain Bungo Pete, New construction careers, the new TMaru sensors, etc. I'm currently working on that, and the work should be ready and released by the end of the week, provided that everything goes well.
Your efforts are seven kinds of awesome overlapped and I pray that whatever god is listening rewards you with a cookie the size of Texas. I am much in debt.

The sensors are vital for me. I don't know what exact point is "realistic" or "historically accurate", but after playing TMaru for a long time I find non-modded AI to be basically blind in the dark (I believe Clay Blay Jr. mentioned in "Silent Victory" that the Japanese were excellent night fighters, due among other things to their obscenely large binoculars?).

Again Fincuan, thanks *a lot* for using your time and skills to merge these two outstanding mods.
Old 11-12-07, 09:08 PM   #232
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

Thx AVGWarhawk.

I'm going to install 1.3 and have a go.

The reads sound like this is going to. be alot of fun

And Thx lurker for this mod. Alot of hard work by the look of things and will be thoroughly
enjoyed.

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-07, 09:20 PM   #233
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Have i mentioned before how much i love this campaign mod . Have i !!!!!!!!
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-07, 10:59 PM   #234
Doolan
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober
Have i mentioned before how much i love this campaign mod . Have i !!!!!!!!
And I for one think you're not saying it enough!

It's a masterpiece. This, ROW and TMaru (or RFB, to taste!), much like GWX did for SH3, would justify the game costing twice as much.

I am truly amazed, and grateful. The SubSim community is unlike any other I've ever seen, except perhaps Battlefront.com's back when I frequented the place
Old 11-13-07, 05:38 AM   #235
DrBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben cg
I wonder if I will get a medal?
Want some of mine? I've got a truckload of 1st patrol medals...they keep coming even though I'm at my 4th or 5th patrol!
Nice story btw! I'm gradually getting rid of "cheat mods" (you know...turbo-charged subs, ICBM-power torpedoes, Gatling deck guns, hull and ship parts made of mithril :rotfl now that I've started to get the hang of the game, and it feels much greater! Will take some time to convince myself to revert to normal sub speeds though

ETA: Whoops! There was a whole new page after your post. My bad!

ETA#2: Now that I remembered, is "Make daily reports a 0001Z daily to ComSubPac" mandatory, or is it there for increased "player immersion"? My bet is the latter, but I just want to make sure. It does help with keeping track of time, and as a "save now!" reminder, that's for certain.

Let the Beast inside you free!
DrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-07, 07:27 AM   #236
Laffertytig
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 110

whats the differences between this mod anf tater's campaign layers?
Laffertytig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-07, 07:42 AM   #237
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffertytig
whats the differences between this mod anf tater's campaign layers?
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=212
Old 11-14-07, 04:28 PM   #238
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

To All

Currently “strongly” considering making a TM 165 compatible version on RSRDC. Will let you know what I decide shortly
Old 11-14-07, 05:08 PM   #239
donut
The Old Man

Downloads: 10
Default God Bless mate Lurker

donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 06:15 PM   #240
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
To All

Currently “strongly” considering making a TM 165 compatible version on RSRDC. Will let you know what I decide shortly

Great! Please keep a stand alone version if you would Thanks a million!