SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-28-10, 10:58 AM   #2716
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
So I am liking what this mod has to offer. Great work.

One question though...is it normal for the game to take like 3 or 4 minutes to load up with this mod? When I start the game I have a black screen for about 3 minutes and then the Op Monsun title screen for about another minute or two. Is this normal?
Without knowing your PC's abilities its hard to say? My old AMD Dual Core did take a bit, the new AMD Quad 955 takes about a third of your posted time to load. But yes there is a bit of a load time involved.

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-10, 07:16 PM   #2717
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 262

Thanks for the response. Got another question, or bug report rather.

I just started a new campaign in OM in a Type 7, I think. It's 1940. When I click on the sonar button to take control of the sonar station all I see is black. I can hear it and I can click on the screen to turn the head to scan but can't see anything. Is this a stock bug or an OM bug?

EDIT: Experiencing another bug. In my Type 7 (1940) I have no ammunition in my deck gun? I think i upgraded to the better deckgun in port before I departed. Could this have caused it?

Last edited by Dignan; 10-29-10 at 07:28 AM.
Dignan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-10, 12:49 PM   #2718
Wilcke
The Old Man

Quote:
Thanks for the response. Got another question, or bug report rather.

I just started a new campaign in OM in a Type 7, I think. It's 1940. When I click on the sonar button to take control of the sonar station all I see is black. I can hear it and I can click on the screen to turn the head to scan but can't see anything. Is this a stock bug or an OM bug?

EDIT: Experiencing another bug. In my Type 7 (1940) I have no ammunition in my deck gun? I think i upgraded to the better deckgun in port before I departed. Could this have caused it?
Need more info;

Mod List
Month/Year
Flotilla
Type Boat
Port

To load ammo for the DG, clikky the shell a couple of times to load. The uncontrollable sonar station could be a hosed install, but again need more info.

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php

Old 10-30-10, 09:40 PM   #2719
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Wilcke,

Thanks for the response. I figured out both problems The black screen on the sonar station was because I was using a camera.dat file from TMO1.9. Replaced it back with OM one and it fixed it. The deckgun just wasn't loaded, as you pointed out.

Got a gameplay question now. Do AI merchants have eagle eyes in OM? I am getting detected almost every time by merchants about 10 seconds before I fire. This is enough time for them to take evasive action and throw off the solution. It seems a bit ridiculous. Some of these detections have been at dawn when they really shouldn't have the ability to see me.

I'm running OM (without OMEGA), 1940, in a type 7 out of Kiel. I'm usually between 500 and 1300 meters distance from target track. I'm not overexposing my periscope either because I'm using constant bearing method. I don't raise it until the ship is almost at the firing line in my scope but when I do they detect and evade almost every time. Seems like this is excessive. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 10-31-10, 10:15 AM   #2720
Captain Deckwash
Medic

Downloads: 356

Say I am having a prob trying to go from 705 to 720???? The mod mover keeps throwing up all the mess I will cause if I install the 705 to 720??????

Any help anyone?

Captain Deckwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-10, 11:48 AM   #2721
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid The Sailor View Post
Say I am having a prob trying to go from 705 to 720???? The mod mover keeps throwing up all the mess I will cause if I install the 705 to 720??????

Any help anyone?
I believe it's just showing you what files you will be replacing with the new version. It shouldn't mess anything up. Mod manager just makes it easy to see which mods are altering which files.
Old 10-31-10, 12:07 PM   #2722
Wilcke
The Old Man

Quote:
Wilcke,

Thanks for the response. I figured out both problems The black screen on the sonar station was because I was using a camera.dat file from TMO1.9. Replaced it back with OM one and it fixed it. The deckgun just wasn't loaded, as you pointed out.

Got a gameplay question now. Do AI merchants have eagle eyes in OM? I am getting detected almost every time by merchants about 10 seconds before I fire. This is enough time for them to take evasive action and throw off the solution. It seems a bit ridiculous. Some of these detections have been at dawn when they really shouldn't have the ability to see me.

I'm running OM (without OMEGA), 1940, in a type 7 out of Kiel. I'm usually between 500 and 1300 meters distance from target track. I'm not overexposing my periscope either because I'm using constant bearing method. I don't raise it until the ship is almost at the firing line in my scope but when I do they detect and evade almost every time. Seems like this is excessive. Anyone else have this issue?
Weather and sea state have a lot to do with this. If the sea is flat, no fog then yes they could spot you at that range. I cannot recall dawn or dusk factors in the AI_Sensor. Lurker is not around to clarify.

Old 11-01-10, 10:42 AM   #2723
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Thanks again for the help. Got a new problem. Not sure if it's OM related but I'm getting crashes when in the vicinity of fire (i.e. a burning ship that I just torpedoed.)

Doesn't happen all the time but sometimes when viewing the ship burning, I get a CTD.

At first this was with OM + OMEGA environment. Then I ran just OM and added Real Environments 5 over the top of OM which seemed to work well but I'm still getting these CTDs. It doesn't appear to happen with just OM so I'm thinking its something to do with the OMEGA and/or RE mods. Any thoughts?
Old 11-01-10, 10:59 AM   #2724
Wilcke
The Old Man

Quote:
Thanks again for the help. Got a new problem. Not sure if it's OM related but I'm getting crashes when in the vicinity of fire (i.e. a burning ship that I just torpedoed.)

Doesn't happen all the time but sometimes when viewing the ship burning, I get a CTD.

At first this was with OM + OMEGA environment. Then I ran just OM and added Real Environments 5 over the top of OM which seemed to work well but I'm still getting these CTDs. It doesn't appear to happen with just OM so I'm thinking its something to do with the OMEGA and/or RE mods. Any thoughts?
RE5 over the top of OM will hose the sensors and lot more. Just say no to adding to OM or OMEGU. Its tempting but not needed.

CTD, on viewing a burning ship I have never had happen. Suspect, hosed install barring any hardware issues with PC.

Old 11-01-10, 11:11 AM   #2725
Forensicman101
Gunner

Downloads: 79
Default Updated ship summary table

I have now added all Allied warships to my summary table of ship tonnage & draft values for Operation Monsun v720.

Also, for those who have downloaded my Early Type XXI mod, I've produced a version that is compatable with the OMEGU mods that modify keystroke commands.

link:

http://www.filefront.com/user/forensicman
Forensicman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-10, 11:19 AM   #2726
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcke View Post
RE5 over the top of OM will hose the sensors and lot more. Just say no to adding to OM or OMEGU. Its tempting but not needed.

CTD, on viewing a burning ship I have never had happen. Suspect, hosed install barring any hardware issues with PC.
Alright, I'll remove RE and play stock environment for a while to see if it still happens. Thanks.
Old 11-02-10, 03:41 AM   #2727
Forensicman101
Gunner

Downloads: 79
Default SH4 Commander

Version 2 of my SH4 Commander (paper & dice edition) is now Operation Monsun compatable. All you need to do is print off the document, get hold of a pair of six sided dice and a pen & follow the instructions. OK, it's not a computer program, but I can give a 100% guarantee that it won't cause your cmputer to crash.

http://www.filefront.com/user/forensicman
Forensicman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-10, 06:15 AM   #2728
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Loving this mod. Got yet another question though. I'm not seeing any visible damage on ships I'm hitting with torps. Is this a side effect of OM?

EDIT: It's probably worth mentioning that I haven't sunk any "stock" ships yet. They all appear to have been ships added to the OM mod.

Last edited by Dignan; 11-04-10 at 06:50 AM.
Old 11-04-10, 01:45 PM   #2729
Wilcke
The Old Man

Quote:
Loving this mod. Got yet another question though. I'm not seeing any visible damage on ships I'm hitting with torps. Is this a side effect of OM?

EDIT: It's probably worth mentioning that I haven't sunk any "stock" ships yet. They all appear to have been ships added to the OM mod.
The stock ships will show damage the added ships most likely will not due to their origin and the work needed to add the damage. That is what I vaguely remember as to the reason. The added shipping does sink and burn well.

Old 11-04-10, 06:45 PM   #2730
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Thanks Wilcke. That's what I figured but just wanted to be sure. They definitely still sink