SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-27-15, 05:17 AM   #1
washishu
Mate

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Problems with sound files?

Before I get into this, I have been a good boy and searched the forum to find an answer. I can find similar issues but nothing that addresses this specific problem.

I'm playing rock-bottom standard SH3, with only the real-weather fix mod, on a MacBook Pro through Bootcamp.

Recently, the sounds of depth-charges are not playing; doesn't matter which station I'm at, or if the attacker is right on top of me, I hear nothing.

I set up an experiment recently and from the hydrophone I could clearly hear the destroyer coming in for an attack; I followed it in and the hydro.-op. called "Depth-charges in the water" but there were no splashes, and although they were close enough to cause severe flooding, no explosions.

Anyone come across this? I shall try a re-install to see if that helps but it's a bit of a nuisance.
washishu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-15, 08:54 AM   #2
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

The file that plays the explosions is a .wav file in the main Sound folder called 'Depth charges exploding from submarine'. Play it with Media Player to see if it's working. Beyond that I'm not sure what would cause that particular problem.

What I don't understand is why you're not using one of the supermods. You have no idea how much you're missing by using the stock game.
Old 07-14-15, 04:51 AM   #3
washishu
Mate

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default It's getting worse

Still having these sound file problems. I did a complete reinstall and it's actually worse than before; depth charged so close that it sank me and I didn't hear a thing. Also, although I elected to keep saved games in the uninstall, they seem to have been deleted anyway. AND new games are not being saved; nothing appears in the load save window. It's such a bind I'm not playing at all. Very annoying.
washishu is offline   Reply With Quote