Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-18, 02:22 PM   #8806
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Brexit news latest: Theresa May dares Jeremy Corbyn to table vote of no confidence in her Government.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...-a4019986.html

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 12-18-18, 03:04 PM   #8807
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Breaking News: Man United hire the perfect manager to ensure they stay in Europe.

Old 12-18-18, 03:29 PM   #8808
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Brexit news latest: Theresa May dares Jeremy Corbyn to table vote of no confidence in her Government.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...-a4019986.html
I like this comment in the comments section..

Quote:
It is staggering that with three months to go before Brexit day, which is currently set by default to be a crash-out, Mrs. May proposes to waste a month communing with her turkey and Mr. Crobyn proposes to engage in a pointless parliamentary war dance. How are families and businesses supposed to prepare for the future when they have been abandoned like this? Even as the Titanic was going down the crew managed to make itself useful.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 12-18-18, 04:26 PM   #8809
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Corbyn and May and all others - the UK's government is more interested in slamming each other than stand united and making a reasonable proposal. The EU has been looking at that cockfight with raised eyebrows, waiting for years. Instead it seems as if the England expected the EU to solve the problem, while bashing and putting down the EU all the time.

Regarding Skybird's and Jim's 'answer' i will not waste time. A felt or perceived situation has little to do with facts. You either see it or you don't. You are either a hater or not.
“My toaster takes four attempts before bread goes brown,” tweeted the furious Ukip MEP David Coburn earlier this year. “Many thanks to EU.”

The EU has dealt with almost all nations of the world regarding taxes, trade standards and ease of hiring, producing, and whatnot, for more than 40 years.
From those 400+ treaties of what the EU initiated and signed as a bloc, the UK has signed 30 unilaterally. The 'rest' is being managed and done by the EU, with England's consent, and taking advantage of it.
This also includes landing fees for air lines on airports the world over, kerosine prices at intermediate stops or generally how to import or export goods of all kinds internationally, without fuss. The EU has received a lot of facilitation and rebate, because it represents the whole of Europe.
No single nation except maybe China or such will be granted such advantages.

For politicians, it is all a game. On the back of the people, and especially the young generation. Pride. I take more pride out of international discussion and trade and science, than of isolation and nationalism. But maybe we are indeed on a path back to the bad old times.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 12-19-18, 06:53 AM   #8810
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

EU to reveal no-deal plans.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46617152

Old 12-19-18, 07:46 AM   #8811
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Martin Lewis....he of Money Saving......ran a poll on his fb page over last couple of days. Completely unscientific.....but over 185,000 votes.....result 61% leave no deal, 39% remain...…

Of course, this is far less meaningful than when 1,400 people on YouGov voted 52% to remain....

Old 12-19-18, 09:01 AM   #8812
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

It would appear the pantomime season is well and truly underway.

Quote:
Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn is facing calls to apologise for apparently calling Theresa May a "stupid woman" during Prime Minister's Questions.

The prime minister was mocking Mr Corbyn during heated exchanges, telling him to "look behind you" when he was caught on camera muttering words.

Mrs May hit back at Mr Corbyn, saying he had not tabled his promised no-confidence motion, and had then tabled one that was ineffective.

"I know it's the... pantomime season," she told MPs, "is he going to put a confidence vote? Oh yes he is," she said, prompting backbench Tories MPs to chant "oh no he isn't".

Continuing the pantomime theme, she told the Labour leader "look behind you - they are not impressed and neither is the country".

Mr Corbyn could be seen saying something under his breath in response.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46619689

Old 12-19-18, 12:01 PM   #8813
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Corbyn and May and all others - the UK's government is more interested in slamming each other than stand united and making a reasonable proposal.
Welcome to STEED's real world of observations.

Yep we got a clueless hell bent its my way and you shall follow and I shall run away Maybot. And I want a general election Jezzer who wants to be king. These two morons have been slagging each other off while the EU plays a clever hand and sits backs laughing at these two clowns. I urge everyone in the UK stop voting for these morons they have....FAILED!

There was a Police debate on the radio and you should have heard these serving and retired officers slamming this government saying crime is out of control and why? fixation on Brexit is there only focus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
It would appear the pantomime season is well and truly underway.
People should vote against Westminster....FAILED FAILED FAILED FAILED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
I know, I'm doing it again jim.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!

Last edited by Jimbuna; 12-20-18 at 06:11 AM. Reason: The multi quote button is a wonderful aid.
Old 12-20-18, 06:36 AM   #8814
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Just to add a bit more confusion to this totally confusing matter, two of the top ministers are now suggesting different/rival Brexit 'Plan Bs'

Quote:
Cabinet colleagues Andrea Leadsom and Amber Rudd have set out rival plans if Theresa May can't get her Brexit deal through Parliament.

The two ministers stressed that their top priority was securing Parliamentary backing for the prime minister's deal.

But Ms Rudd said a referendum was a "plausible" way forward if MPs were deadlocked.

Mrs Leadsom said a new referendum would be "unacceptable" and argued instead for a "managed no deal".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46631581

Old 12-20-18, 09:33 AM   #8815
STEED
Lucky Jack

Nah I'm not going for it, just like Anna Soubry MP saying she will resign her seat if there is no deal Brexit. Yea sure you will.

Old 12-20-18, 03:20 PM   #8816
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

EU parliament threatens to let Brexit treaty collapse if it is not be given a greater say in Brexit things. Seems as if the English epidemia finally has reached the continent now.
Old 12-21-18, 06:53 AM   #8817
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The obvious splits in the Cabinet are now starting to be reported publicly.

Quote:
Justice Secretary David Gauke has said he would be "very surprised" if the prime minister was prepared to back a no-deal Brexit, if her deal fails.

Mr Gauke also said he would find it "very difficult" to stay in cabinet, if that became government policy.

Cabinet splits have emerged over what should happen if the PM's withdrawal deal is rejected by MPs next month.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46639401

Old 12-22-18, 07:22 AM   #8818
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
The Conservative Party is heading towards a "prolonged period" in opposition unless it adapts to modern Britain, George Osborne has said.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46655969

I still think the Tories will win but it will be a hung parliament.

Quote:
Brexit would go ahead if Labour won snap election, says Jeremy Corbyn
The Labour leader says he would seek to secure a better deal than the one struck by Theresa May to allow Brexit on 29 March.
https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-wo...orbyn-11588568

Oh look another moron who thinks the EU is open for mores talks! Get this into your thick heads you morons at Westminster the EU has said and keeps saying take it or leave it no more talks.

Old 12-22-18, 07:50 AM   #8819
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 12-22-18, 11:22 AM   #8820
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ Hey this is why you become a politician! If all else fails ...

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics