Closed Thread

Old 12-10-18, 12:40 PM   #8731
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
As long as the doors swing one way only. They call it a fish trap.

The theft is happening live and unhidden now, is in action. The referendum will be stolen.
I suspect you may (no pun intended) be right.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 12-10-18, 12:54 PM   #8732
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Bercow speaking a bit of sense for a change...

Quote:
Commons speaker John Bercow has urged ministers to give MPs a vote on their plan to abandon Tuesday's vote on Theresa May's Brexit deal.

He told MPs that bringing arguments over the deal to a "premature and inconclusive end" without a vote would be seen as "discourteous" by many MPs.

It would be "respectful and mature" to allow MPs to express a view, he said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46511390

Old 12-10-18, 05:38 PM   #8733
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Maybot has blown a fuse, if she still thinks this is the best deal for the UK why delay the vote. All she has done is to seal her fate, more letters going in rejecting her leadership. Jezzer inching closer to a general election which could see him in power!

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 12-10-18, 06:31 PM   #8734
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

This is nothing more than a wild thinkable..( I may remember the word I had planned to use here, or I may not)

After having read, listen and seen a lot about Brexit and EU

I got this picture.

EU is a drug, an addict which almost every politicians in Europe and most of it's citizens can't be without.

This could be why many of the English politicians in every party is nervous(are against this brexit-deal) ´cause in the near future they will not have the pleasure to enjoy this EU-drug.

Back to real politic

Markus
Old 12-11-18, 06:28 AM   #8735
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Theresa May is meeting European leaders and EU officials on Tuesday for talks aimed at rescuing her Brexit deal.

She is holding talks with Dutch PM Mark Rutte and Germany's Angela Merkel after postponing a Commons vote on the deal.

The UK PM has said she needs "further assurances" about the Northern Ireland border plan to get backing from MPs.

European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker said the EU would not "renegotiate" the deal but there was room for "further clarifications".

The prime minister is understood to be seeking legal guarantees that the UK will not be trapped in the Northern Ireland backstop plan indefinitely.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46515743
Looks like the final throw of the dice then the pantomime season can come to an end.

Old 12-11-18, 07:14 AM   #8736
STEED
Lucky Jack

The EU has said once again...NO MORE TALKS TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT OR STAY IN THE EU.

Maybot's true colours have come to the front a power mad bitch who wants too stay in power!

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 12-11-18, 07:43 AM   #8737
STEED
Lucky Jack

We have no functioning Parliament we have no opposition and no government. What we got is a Parliament that is stagnating a opposition lusting for power and a government that is not running the country. Brexit has turned the whole place in to a giant kinder-garden of nappy wearing politicians to busy screaming at each other.

As it stands democracy is dead.

Old 12-11-18, 10:15 AM   #8738
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

May's credibility, trustworthiness is non-existent.

To be fair, she never has had a chance to reahc any othe routocme wiht the Eu than there now is. She may have silently agreed with that in order to torpedo Brexit, or she may have not, it does not matter: fatc is nobody and no other prime minister ever would have had a realistic chance to reach more thna there is, and what there is, is nothing.

May's failure lies not in fighting a battle that always was completly impossible to win. Her failure lies in trying to mock the intelligence of the public, tio hide very serious imolications on the legal side of the drfat deal, to mislead the parliament and now obviously trying to save her seat in the prime minister's office. As I explained some days ago, her failures lies in behavior and decisions that overstep the thin red line to treason and conspiracy with the EU, against the UK.

Her failure was not thjat the battle she volunterred (!) for was unwinnable from all beginning on. The neU was and is, what it is, and any other outcome than what ther eis now in draft deal, would have been a stellar surprise to me. There are strong and growing anti-EU movements in France, Netherlands, Denmark, Poland, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Czech Republic, Hungary - to prevent a successful British precedence that illustrates that a life without and outside the EU is possible, always has been the leaidng dirctive behind Brussel brutal "negotation" tactic which consited of jst one plan: "No." No to all and No to everything, all power has to stay with the EU, unconditionally. One can negotiate about how to word it and how to call it in name - but that is just names for deceiving people, it has no real relevance, and certainbly no legally binding relevance. Now they want to agree on a good will apper - which again means nothing, absolutely nothing, has no legal relevance at all.

Its all a waste of time and energy. Britain should have cut ties already many months ago, even unilaterally. After all, exit still means exit, and not staying inside and staying outside at the same time.

May makes a pitiful carricature of office now with her compassion-for-May tour, live on European stages these days. She could as well try to bring Jericho'S walls to fall by kneeling and crying before them.

For reaosns of credibility of the poltical class and system, ther emust be new elections to get rid of May, and then a brutal new govenrment simply cutting ties, basta. By now, however, any Brexit will be far more damaging to britian that I think originally it would have needed to be if the Brits would have cut ties unilaterally already 12, 18 months go, in a surprise first strike, inclduing a temporary full halt to all financial business from and to the UK. Calling for tough game and then not playing it tough, is stupid. Good deeds soon will find their revenge. States - and international state alliances - have no friends. They have interests. Everybody seems to be drunk and done over all this sentimental friendship talking. The successful states in the present are howeever those that refuse to play kind and friendly. Russia. China. Trump's USA. Economical South Korea, Vietnam, Singapore. Survival of the fittest - that includes not just races and individuals, it also is true for nations. And the West gives a pitiful, ridiculous sight.
Old 12-11-18, 10:16 AM   #8739
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
We have no functioning Parliament we have no opposition and no government. What we got is a Parliament that is stagnating a opposition lusting for power and a government that is not running the country. Brexit has turned the whole place in to a giant kinder-garden of nappy wearing politicians to busy screaming at each other.

As it stands democracy is dead.
Is this the Germany thread?
Old 12-11-18, 02:04 PM   #8740
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
One Tory MP who supported the PM's deal told me they didn't have a clue what was happening now. "We're rewriting the pantomime," they added. Another pondered: "The Conservatives made this muddle - who is going to fix it?" One minister concluded things were at "breaking point".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46515743
Well, whatwill it be....BREXIT without a deal or the UK to remain in the EU?

Either way, May is finished.

Old 12-11-18, 02:55 PM   #8741
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Brexit vote: What could happen next?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46393399

Old 12-11-18, 06:01 PM   #8742
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Tory Brexiteers are increasingly confident they have enough support to trigger a no-confidence vote in Theresa May as party leader.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46532747

It could be true, we could see in the news tomorrow Maybot's days are over.

Old 12-12-18, 02:33 AM   #8743
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ and then all will be so happy
Good for Boris and Nigel to run away in time.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 12-12-18, 05:54 AM   #8744
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

It is now official, May will face a confidence vote tonight.

I've a sneaky suspicion she will survive unless one of the prominent leaders of her opposition are prepared to pick up and drink from the poisoned chalice and put themselves forward for her job.

What an awful bloody choice that would be

Quote:
UK Prime Minister Theresa May will face a vote of confidence in her leadership later on Wednesday.

Speaking outside 10 Downing Street, Mrs May said: "I will contest that vote with everything I have got."

She said a new prime minister would have to scrap or extend Article 50, the mechanism taking Britain out of the EU on 29 March, "delaying or even stopping Brexit".

Conservative MPs will vote from 18:00 GMT to 20:00 GMT.

A result is expected an hour or so later.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46535739

Old 12-12-18, 06:25 AM   #8745
STEED
Lucky Jack

SKY News sources say she will win well.

Anna Soubry MP made me laugh, she said these 48 odd were not democratic. Ready for this? Here goes......They should be purged from the party! That seems to me not democracy you stupid woman.

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics