Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-18, 05:20 AM   #8641
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

^ Good tactic to teach criminals that they have all reason to be afraid. Criminals must learn to fear their victims, and that they can not trust that their personal wellbeing is rated higher than enforcing the law and preventing escape.

It should however always be done with active video recording so that officers know that if they exaggerate it when going for the "kill", they could be held responisble for using excessive force.

---

"Die Welt" writes: "If Prime Minister Theresa May passes her now agreed deal in the House of Commons, the British will remain closely tied to the EU for years - as non-members without a say, however, and with a status of beign reduced to a powerless vasall."

"The Times" writes (retranslated from the German translation): "MEPs who reject Mays deal are actually in favor of a second EU referendum. YThey should first ask themselves if they really want that - and if it would lead to a different outcome. "

I wonder whether the fear of chaos and no deal nevertheless will make MEPs going with May, since they fear no deal more than this bad deal - even if they do not agree with a super-soft, EU-cozy Brexit at all. The past two years should have been used to prepare the UK for a hard Brexit - and literally skippin all that negotiating from beginning on. That was what I had on mind two years ago: to make sure one has a real exit, and prepares as best as one can for that. Instead, plenty of time was wasted and now no acceptable deal is there. Going with this deal is so seriously negative and to the British disadvanatge that it equals the signing of a declaration of unconditional surrender - with all future trump cards in the hands of the EU, regarding future negotiating (Backstop and the like).

We have a proverb in German: Wer A sagt, muß auch B sagen: he who said "A", also has to say "B" (in for a penny, in for a pound? I am not certain on this phrase) Thats what anti and soft Brexiteers seem to have no understood until today.

Last edited by Skybird; 11-26-18 at 05:37 AM.
Old 11-26-18, 06:02 AM   #8642
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
That reminds me of her police blunder and speaking of the police, jim what do you think of the new tactic against scooter crime?
Love it....poetic justice as far as I'm concerned and Sky sums it up brilliantly with the following from #8644
Quote:
Good tactic to teach criminals that they have all reason to be afraid. Criminals must learn to fear their victims, and that they can not trust that their personal wellbeing is rated higher than enforcing the law and preventing escape.

It should however always be done with active video recording so that officers know that if they exaggerate it when going for the "kill", they could be held responisble for using excessive force.
That tactic would have helped me back in 90 during a high speed chase of a motorbike TWLA (Taken Without Legal Authority).

Up real close and the twunt thought breaking suddenly would force me to reciprocate, he was right but I was astride a traffic calming measure (speed bump) and had little front wheel traction therefore colliding with the bike and knocking the rider onto the ground.

No dash cams in those days so I was totally reliant on the statement of my partner and very fortunate to have one also from a nearby pedestrian.

Still got me suspended from driving for a month before the investigation cleared me of any wrongdoing though

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 11-26-18, 06:28 AM   #8643
Skybird
Soaring

Now proven: telepathic Skybird can read minds!
Old 11-26-18, 06:32 AM   #8644
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Now proven: telepathic Skybird can read minds!

Old 11-26-18, 06:41 AM   #8645
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

I agree it's like the 1970's.

About time these punks got some pay back.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 11-26-18, 11:30 AM   #8646
Skybird
Soaring

Numbers' Dance:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46239782

The math simply does not work.
Old 11-26-18, 12:15 PM   #8647
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Numbers' Dance:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46239782

The math simply does not work.
In addition to the above I have been watching Parliament Live on tv (it is still ongoing as I type this) and the grilling the PM is getting from Members of ALL persuasions makes it even more obvious she is flogging the proverbial 'dead horse'.

Much to her credit though, she is sticking to her guns....so much so I suspect she may well be painting herself into a corner and ultimately, her downfall.

Old 11-27-18, 09:07 AM   #8648
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Theresa May's Brexit deal is "doomed" and must be renegotiated, ex-defence secretary Sir Michael Fallon has said.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46356353

HOW?

The EU has made it clear as a crystal ball that is it no more talks job done.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 11-27-18, 09:09 AM   #8649
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The next former Cabinet Minister to go public.

Quote:
Theresa May's Brexit deal is "doomed" and must be renegotiated, ex-defence secretary Sir Michael Fallon has said.

Sir Michael launched a scathing attack on the proposed EU agreement, saying it was the "worst of all worlds" and the PM's future was "up to colleagues".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46356353

Old 11-27-18, 09:24 AM   #8650
STEED
Lucky Jack

Beat you to it jim.

SKY poll

Would you support a Brexit debate between M&C?

Yes 66%
No 34%

I would not it will be just the usual slanging match.

Old 11-27-18, 09:42 AM   #8651
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

wolf_howl15

Quote:
"The question on the brexit paper was so vague as to be meaningless.
Nobody saying "but what about..". The existence of a single market has come as a surprise to many. The question of the Irish border was not raised. The cost of leaving was never mentioned.
A more honest question would have been "Do you dislike foreigners?"

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 11-27-18, 10:34 AM   #8652
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
^ Good tactic to teach criminals that they have all reason to be afraid. Criminals must learn to fear their victims, and that they can not trust that their personal wellbeing is rated higher than enforcing the law and preventing escape.

Old 11-27-18, 12:46 PM   #8653
STEED
Lucky Jack

^

Old 11-27-18, 12:50 PM   #8654
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Politicians from nine countries reacted angrily to the absence of Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg at a hearing today.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46357359

Far too busy harvesting personal data and selling it to the highest bidder...$ CHING CHING.

Quote:
Brexit: Theresa May denies 'giving up' on better deal
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46363879

Well some one has to think the impossible is possible. Unlike the rest of us who can see this deal stinks.

Old 11-28-18, 07:09 AM   #8655
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
All forms of Brexit will make the UK worse off but Theresa May's plan is the best available, says Philip Hammond.

Treasury analysis suggests it could leave the size of the UK economy up to 3.9% smaller after 15 years, compared with staying in the EU.

But a no-deal Brexit could deliver a 9.3% hit, the new estimates say.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46366162
One of the PM's few supporters comes to her aid as she tries to persuade the public to instruct their MP's to vote for her terrible Brexit deal.

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics