SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-31-07, 06:31 PM   #2101
Tsavo
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

From you post:

"It will work on all versions and all supermods installed on your system."

Tsavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-07, 06:36 PM   #2102
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsavo
My GWX be broken now with Raerbuoys mod?
No sounds on Weldcat plane?
So how he know so much now? :hmm:
Hi Tsavo. There are a number of sounds, and other things that are broken by the SH4 Effects for SH3 mod that need to be corrected before it can be considered to be compatible with GWX. As a user, you will need to decide if the loss of functionality is worth continued use.
that is correct. I based the mod in SH3 1.4b files which makes it not 100% compatible (sounds seem to be the only problem). As errors are reported of missing sounds I will fix them. As far as graphics go no problems have been reported.
Well, I imagine that depends on what you define as a problem doesn't it?

In addition to the above issues, major FPS hits have been reported with your mod as well as other graphic errors.

I'm sure that you will eventually sort out the numerous problems since your work is still a WIP. However, in the meantime I'm not going to whitewash matters for GWX users that come here with comments or questions about your work.

We have always been open in our thoughts regarding works external to GWX. Some things are truly compatible and some things are not.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-07, 06:46 PM   #2103
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerboy
Quote:
Quote:
My GWX be broken now with Raerbuoys mod?
No sounds on Weldcat plane?
So how he know so much now? :hmm:
Hi Tsavo. There are a number of sounds, and other things that are broken by the SH4 Effects for SH3 mod that need to be corrected before it can be considered to be compatible with GWX. As a user, you will need to decide if the loss of functionality is worth continued use.
that is correct. I based the mod in SH3 1.4b files which makes it not 100% compatible (sounds seem to be the only problem). As errors are reported of missing sounds I will fix them. As far as graphics go no problems have been reported.
Well, I imagine that depends on what you define as a problem doesn't it?

In addition to the above issues, major FPS hits have been reported with your mod as well as other graphic errors.

I'm sure that you will eventually sort out the numerous problems since your work is still a WIP. However, in the meantime I'm not going to whitewash matters for GWX users that come here with comments or questions about your work.

We have always been open in our thoughts regarding works external to GWX. Some things are truly compatible and some things are not.
I agree. These questions and all need to be reported on my thread and not here.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-07, 07:36 PM   #2104
Dr.Zod
Watch

Default New Ships in GWX 1.04?

Me agian!

I just saw the new Sh4 to Sh3 Ship Models by Molke.
My question is, will they be included in GWX 1.04. There are quiet some warships from japan. They would be a great addon for the people who play at Penang.

Greetz

Dr.Zod
Dr.Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-07, 07:51 PM   #2105
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zod
Me agian!

I just saw the new Sh4 to Sh3 Ship Models by Molke.
My question is, will they be included in GWX 1.04. There are quiet some warships from japan. They would be a great addon for the people who play at Penang.

Greetz

Dr.Zod
Sorry mate but no.

We have a policy against using SH4 material in GWX that is in line with SH4 user agreements set out by the SH4 development team.

Modders who choose to port SH4 material to SH3 and release it, are doing so at their own risk. Furthermore, concerning SH4 material being ported to SH3, there are scores of code minefields that must be navigated, due to changes in the SH4 engine/code that are not recognized by the SH3 engine/code.

www.thegreywolves.com

Last edited by Kpt. Lehmann; 11-01-07 at 02:11 AM.
Old 11-01-07, 02:13 AM   #2106
Dr.Zod
Watch

I see.

Another thing thou!

I´ve just started a new game. Can it be that the Deck Gun (88) is overpowered!!!
I mean, for e.g. I spot a small frighter at moderate wind and sea so I can´t use the deck gun. I fire a torp and hit it into the middle very low (7m torpedo depth). So far so good, sometimes it takes hours (game hours) to sink the ship or I´m even forced to use a second torp for a small frighter! Thats ok since you said you reworked the ships and the sinking behavior, thats realistic. But now comes the clue, I encoutered also a small frigher at calm sea, now I thought why don´t you have some fun with the deck gun. So I start shooting, some good hits below the waterline, and some not so good (thanks for your reworked gun behaivior, that is very cool). But whats that, after like 6-10 shots "BOOOOOM", the ship breaks in half and sinks like a rock. Wow lucky shot, I thought. So I encountered some more Small frighters and tested if I was lucky or not. But somehow all my encouters with small frighters where I use the deck gun sink very fast (10-25 shells)!!!
Do you get the picture? Torp takes hours or even two (thats cool and realistic), but the deck gun??? Am I just lucky, is this a known issue or is everything ok? I recall that you said the deck gun is not so powerful at all (compared to stock SH3)!

Thanks for your answer in advance

Greetz

Dr.Zod
Dr.Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-07, 03:13 AM   #2107
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Dr.Zod

You are very lucky. You found a sweet spot.

There are critical zones on all the ships that had their damage models revamped for GWX. They're just not that easy to hit/find.

10-25 shells for a small freighter seems about right to me. On a small ship like that, 10-25 holes in it's hull (below water line) would certainly cause it to sink. Now, as for the explosion, as I said you may have hit the sweet spot or the flooding you caused reached the ships boilers and they exploded.

Carry on. Sink em all.
Old 11-01-07, 03:26 AM   #2108
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
I remove Raerbuoys Mod.
Non corectness not aceptable my install of GWX.
I await GWX 1.04 most fevorishly!!
My teeth fall out waiting!!!
Your best option (and trouble free at that hopefully) would be to await the next release of GWX.
Testing is at an advanced stage , which would/should suggest that most glitches will have been ironed out prior to it's release.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-07, 04:01 AM   #2109
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlisa
Dr.Zod

You are very lucky. You found a sweet spot.

There are critical zones on all the ships that had their damage models revamped for GWX. They're just not that easy to hit/find.

10-25 shells for a small freighter seems about right to me. On a small ship like that, 10-25 holes in it's hull (below water line) would certainly cause it to sink. Now, as for the explosion, as I said you may have hit the sweet spot or the flooding you caused reached the ships boilers and they exploded.

Carry on. Sink em all.
Danlisa summed it up pretty well.

Other suggestions would be to make sure that "realistic damage" is selected in your 'realism' options... and also to LET YOUR CREW do the shooting. The captain virtually never manned the gun. Your AI crew will not typically be so accurate, resulting in a more realistic outcome and a higher ammunition expenditure per kill.

www.thegreywolves.com
Old 11-01-07, 04:25 AM   #2110
999-Jay-999
Loader

Downloads: 10

Just want to commend you all for all the work you have and are putting into this MOD..

Its phenominal....
Old 11-01-07, 04:27 AM   #2111
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999-Jay-999
Just want to commend you all for all the work you have and are putting into this MOD..

Its phenominal....
Thanks from all of us. We are glad you are enjoying it.

www.thegreywolves.com
Old 11-03-07, 02:06 PM   #2112
Palamedes
Nub

I think I have a bug with GWX.. So far this mod is awesome.. I'm very impressed, except for one minor detail..

My deck gun wont load. The deckgun has 0/0 ammo, yet it says I'm carrying 220 of the HE rounds.. *sob* I use my deck gun a lot.. I needs it, my precious.. heh

Any ideas? Is there some super secret special way to reload the deck gun or have it recognize that I actually do have ammo?

THanks guys..
Palamedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-07, 02:12 PM   #2113
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 90

It's a classic issue with SH3. Try clicking on the Shell (on the bottom right hand side of the screen) to load it in the gun and then fire away
melnibonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-07, 02:46 PM   #2114
Palamedes
Nub

No it says I have no ammo.. I click the shell, nothing happens. If I look at the ammo list I clearly have HE ammo, but the HE shell shows 0 of 0.
Palamedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-07, 03:24 PM   #2115
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palamedes
No it says I have no ammo.. I click the shell, nothing happens. If I look at the ammo list I clearly have HE ammo, but the HE shell shows 0 of 0.
That's odd :hmm: Do you have any other mods installed? Did you enable/disable mods while at sea or without having Rollback SH3Cmdr? I'm sorry but I cannot think of anything else at the moment.
melnibonian is offline   Reply With Quote