Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Comments to SUBSIM Review
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-18, 02:55 AM   #1
Christopher Snow
Engineer

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default Older member, but with a new name here.

I think I know the drill around here, but when I signed up an hour or so ago it was because I couldn't find records of my old username (as best I remember it) and knew too that I had changed internet providers about a year ago).

So until and unless the admins dunn me (but also hopefully restore?...which I think doubtful...my old account), I'm a newbie. But one with experience.

I've been sub simming since the Avalon Hill board-game days (I believe it was titled "Submarine" as was based on WWII physical models.

"Red Storm Rising" well after that, but it required a decent PC first be acquired...

...Then..."Wolfpack," as best I remember it...and then it got a lot better with "Aces of the Deep." Aces pushed me hard at times, and I loved it.

And then the rest of the genre you all now know, up to SS5. But, in all honesty, the last one I spent much time with was SS3. In those days I would "plot" my attacks across the screen using a protractor and calculator...and the last great attack I remember scoring was a LONG plot...five or six hours...when I sunk one of the ocean going tugs north and east of England. Took me about fifty...maybe sixty course changes to get into the position for a good shot.

So I'm a newbie...but also an old head...if I could just find my old I.D.

In any case, good to know you guys. I've contacted the admins about the possibility of recreating my old I.D. (or not)...just for the record...and am still awaiting a reply. If I figure out who I "was," then I will re-introduce myself again before too long. And if I can't, then...

...these are my pants, so I (still) must be me!
Christopher Snow is offline   Reply With Quote