SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-29-12, 03:50 PM   #3706
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

How do you remove the flags from US subs in TMO 2.5, thought I liked it but decided I do not, esp the bug where they show up under water.Thought it was in TMO manual but cant seem to locate it.Thanks in advance....
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-12, 05:20 PM   #3707
gi_dan2987
Weps

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 0

I thought US subs didn't fly colors unless they were around friendly vessels or in port? I mean, you obviously can't run up the colors while submerged, and if you contact an enemy on the surface, what's the point in putting up a flag if you're going to attack them anyways?
gi_dan2987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-12, 05:59 PM   #3708
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi_dan2987 View Post
I thought US subs didn't fly colors unless they were around friendly vessels or in port? I mean, you obviously can't run up the colors while submerged, and if you contact an enemy on the surface, what's the point in putting up a flag if you're going to attack them anyways?

its a decision ducimus made for TMO 2.5 and I respect it, just dont like it and there is a way to remove it.There is a bug where you can see the flag's sillhouette when submerged.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-12, 07:26 PM   #3709
gi_dan2987
Weps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
its a decision ducimus made for TMO 2.5 and I respect it, just dont like it and there is a way to remove it.There is a bug where you can see the flag's sillhouette when submerged.
Yeah that would ruin the realism. But being able to see your own sub under the water isn't exactly realistic either. Pick and choose your realism factors I suppose.

BTW... Why is subsim all written in German now? And if it's just my settings how do I switch it back to english?
Old 01-30-12, 12:34 AM   #3710
The Renegade
Mate

Downloads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
How do you remove the flags from US subs in TMO 2.5, thought I liked it but decided I do not, esp the bug where they show up under water.Thought it was in TMO manual but cant seem to locate it.Thanks in advance....
Found the solution! I KNEW I'd seen it somewhere and I was checking the manual like you, but then I remembered it was more of a changelog that I saw it in, and SO I found it in the Documentation folder. ANYwho, here it is straight from Ducimus himself!

3. Added conning tower flag to all fleet type submarines. (Models by Privateer) By default, the US flag is displayed from a flag staff on the aft end of the conning tower for all fleet type submarines, in all conning tower configurations. (early war, mid war, late war). The addition of the conning tower flag was done to allow you some options via editing the submarines cfg file. For example, the file you want to edit for the Gato is: Data\Submarine\NSS_Gato\NSS_Gato.eqp

--If you don't want a flag at all, simply comment out the first entry for [Equipment 19] by inserting a semicolon ( ; ) before each line.

------

Hope this helps!
Old 01-30-12, 12:14 PM   #3711
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Renegade View Post
Found the solution! I KNEW I'd seen it somewhere and I was checking the manual like you, but then I remembered it was more of a changelog that I saw it in, and SO I found it in the Documentation folder. ANYwho, here it is straight from Ducimus himself!

3. Added conning tower flag to all fleet type submarines. (Models by Privateer) By default, the US flag is displayed from a flag staff on the aft end of the conning tower for all fleet type submarines, in all conning tower configurations. (early war, mid war, late war). The addition of the conning tower flag was done to allow you some options via editing the submarines cfg file. For example, the file you want to edit for the Gato is: Data\Submarine\NSS_Gato\NSS_Gato.eqp

--If you don't want a flag at all, simply comment out the first entry for [Equipment 19] by inserting a semicolon ( ; ) before each line.

------

Hope this helps!

This.

Thank you renegade.

As an aside, i'm well aware Fleet boats didnt fly any sort of flag or ensign while on patrol. I put the flags in, because I thought they'd make a cool addition, and give you an additional way to personalize your submarine.

I wouldn't have put them in, without any means of the end user being able to change them or removing them entirely. They are enabled by default, because it's my guess the majority of the end users would end up using them anyway. It's a subsim community thing. If you look at both Sh3 and SH5, their both eager to fly a flag even though (to the best of my knowledge) Uboats also didnt fly any flag while on patrol. I see no reason why Sh4 can't engage in the same frivolities.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-12, 12:16 PM   #3712
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
I put the flags in, because I thought they'd make a cool addition, and give you an additional way to personalize your submarine.
Nice option

I use it for exactly this, as well I have an emblem on the sub for the same reason.

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-12, 11:24 AM   #3713
Frenchy849
A-ganger

Downloads: 115

Can anyone help me here?
When I try to extract the file,it says that the archive is damaged or of unknown format,but I have WinRar.
Old 02-01-12, 05:05 PM   #3714
Josey Wales
Swabbie

Downloads: 37
Default cannot return to base

Hello all anyone ever have this problem before campain mode aug 1942 gato sub stay out for long patrol not much traffic only sink one jap sub after 3 grey stars after having to come back and refuel at midway I finally manage to sink a merchant near tuk status report tells me good job, area of choice, or return to base, after refueling again at midway I return to pearl and the option for dock at home port, Will Not Light UP! like its not my home port, Sail around awhile nothing, then try to go to bridge CTD first one! any Ideas?
Mods:
TMO 2.5
TGT DIALS TO PK FIX - TMO
Thanks!

Last edited by Josey Wales; 02-01-12 at 05:17 PM.
Josey Wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-12, 06:01 PM   #3715
gi_dan2987
Weps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josey Wales View Post
Hello all anyone ever have this problem before campain mode aug 1942 gato sub stay out for long patrol not much traffic only sink one jap sub after 3 grey stars after having to come back and refuel at midway I finally manage to sink a merchant near tuk status report tells me good job, area of choice, or return to base, after refueling again at midway I return to pearl and the option for dock at home port, Will Not Light UP! like its not my home port, Sail around awhile nothing, then try to go to bridge CTD first one! any Ideas?
Mods:
TMO 2.5
TGT DIALS TO PK FIX - TMO
Thanks!
Hey bud I wish I could help, but I'm having a hard time understanding your massive run on sentence. Could you please be more specific and use proper grammar?

Make sure stock SH4 is patched all the way to version 1.4 (version 1.5 if you purchased the U-Boat add on). This should solve most of your issues. Your port is the one with the anchor tilted slightly to the side with the rope around it. Other friendly active ports capable of servicing your submarine will have an anchor standing straight up on it. If it does not have an anchor, then it's an enemy port, a port that is out of service, or a port that cannot service subs. If that doesn't work then check the compatibility of the mods you are running. Hope this helps.
Old 02-02-12, 05:05 PM   #3716
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3219

@Ducimus, please:

I want to recover the introductory movie ("On Time"). It´s my poetical soul...I miss John Milton.

How to do it?

Many thanks in advance.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-12, 09:13 AM   #3717
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Whoa, I think I'm in love.

I had tried TMO eons ago, version 1.x and did not like it for reasons I cannot remember and had been using RFB since then. But RFB has not been updated in a while and I could not get Nisgeis 3d TDC to work to my liking with it, so decided to give TMO 2.5 a whirl.

Well I am converted, SH4 feels like a whole new game. I love the little touches: being able to click on the planesmen to go deeper or shallower, the new intelligent sonar man who will actually call out contacts at more than point blank range and who can answer queries so you dont have to continually man the sonar yourself, the way the sub feels when it dives and surfaces, etc., etc.

Great job, Ducimus.
Old 02-03-12, 09:54 PM   #3718
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6
Recover the introductory movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
@Ducimus, please:

I want to recover the introductory movie ("On Time"). It´s my poetical soul...I miss John Milton.

How to do it?

Many thanks in advance.

Fitzcarraldo
First go the Jones Generic Mod Enabler for SH4. Click on the tasks link and save the mod profile to a folder of your choice.
Disable the mods including Trigger Maru.
Go to the mods folder for Trigger Maru 2.5:
Drive letter:\Wolves of the Pacific\MODS\TMO_2-5\Data\Movies\Intro\
Delete the file "Intro.wmv-remove"
Renable the mods.
The original intro movie is restored.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-12, 10:11 PM   #3719
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy849 View Post
Can anyone help me here?
When I try to extract the file,it says that the archive is damaged or of unknown format,but I have WinRar.
Try downloading it again. Sounds like a
corrupt download.

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12, 06:09 AM   #3720
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
First go the Jones Generic Mod Enabler for SH4. Click on the tasks link and save the mod profile to a folder of your choice.
Disable the mods including Trigger Maru.
Go to the mods folder for Trigger Maru 2.5:
Drive letter:\Wolves of the Pacific\MODS\TMO_2-5\Data\Movies\Intro\
Delete the file "Intro.wmv-remove"
Renable the mods.
The original intro movie is restored.
Many thanks, Mike!

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote