SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-24-12, 02:42 PM   #3691
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstanb View Post
one time I got 40% hull damage in a gun fight (I was at the deck gun), by the time I went to damage control to check, damage was fully repaired
Ducimus you know a way to fix hull damage?

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-12, 03:28 PM   #3692
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
Ducimus you know a way to fix hull damage?
I do not know what Ducimus does, but I dispatch my trained dolphin to inspect the damage and report back. If hull damage is detected, I dispatch two frogmen with tool for repairs. That is how I fix damage. (A good supply of baking soda in the frogmens' aqua lungs ensures they can reach the surface if they need to.) Am I confusing this with the SS Nautilus that sails in my bathtub?

I DON'T THINK SO!
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-12, 03:53 PM   #3693
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

You can repair a bulkhead, like any other piece of equipment, but hull integrity (that 3 digit readout you see in your equipment screen) cannot be repaired. It has always been thus for SH4. TMO, or no TMO.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-12, 03:59 PM   #3694
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

see! Frogmen do work! And porpoises, too! Gertrude, Wanda, and Coco, the three porpoises. Sleek, smart, and stealthy.
Old 01-24-12, 04:56 PM   #3695
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

You can repair a bulkhead, like any other piece of equipment, but hull integrity (that 3 digit readout you see in your equipment screen) cannot be repaired. It has always been thus for SH4. TMO, or no TMO.
Ok, he must have meant the bulkhead then. I had never heard of anyone fixing hull damage, thanks for clearing that up.

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-12, 07:38 PM   #3696
kstanb
Sparky

Downloads: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
Ok, he must have meant the bulkhead then. I had never heard of anyone fixing hull damage, thanks for clearing that up.

Yes, the hull stayed damaged.

During the battle, I got bulkhead damage + many other subsystems; I don't remember the exact ones (pumps, electric engines, radio, etc); it was just that after less than a couple minutes, everthing was repaired (except for the hull which stayed with the same % damage)

The battle was in a port (Balikpapan if I remember correctly), just before launching my torpedoes, they spotted me; I was very close. They hit me with what I think were 20mm guns. They were 3 merchs and 1 small subchaser, all docked.
kstanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-12, 12:06 PM   #3697
kstanb
Sparky

Another question;
I got depth charged and received heavy damage, flooding, etc.

The problem is that even after I made all repairs, the "flooding" noise was still there... for the rest of the war patrol

Is there a way to "turn off" the ambient noise?

EDIT: It might be just a problem with that particular war patrol save; I tried again and it is OK

Last edited by kstanb; 01-25-12 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-25-12, 01:01 PM   #3698
SR-25
Swabbie

Downloads: 74

So got a question: Just recently installed TMO, and for some reason, whenever I start a patrol, my sub never has ammo for the deck or anti-aircraft gun. Anyone else have this problem, and/or a fix? I'm just running the base mods, nothing else, so I'm just a little confused. Any help would be much appreciated.
SR-25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-12, 01:03 PM   #3699
kstanb
Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-25 View Post
So got a question: Just recently installed TMO, and for some reason, whenever I start a patrol, my sub never has ammo for the deck or anti-aircraft gun. Anyone else have this problem, and/or a fix? I'm just running the base mods, nothing else, so I'm just a little confused. Any help would be much appreciated.
You just need to click on the HE ammo and it will start reloading
Old 01-25-12, 02:22 PM   #3700
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Think of it this way, would the gun be loaded if you just surfaced?

Odds are, you'd probably have to put something in the breech as ammo tends to prefer its residence in dry places.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-12, 05:27 PM   #3701
SR-25
Swabbie

Downloads: 74

Yup. Just needed to click HE. Now I feel like a fool. Just used to it the other way, I guess. Thank you, sirs. And thank you, Ducimus, for the second reason I play any of the SH series (the first being lurker's Operation Monsun). This massive undertaking of a mod is certainly worthy of the praise heaped on it.
SR-25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-12, 05:57 PM   #3702
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

This the mod that loves to kill you. I have made it to January 21, 1942 and am still alive, thank god.

Last edited by I'm goin' down; 01-25-12 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-26-12, 10:27 PM   #3703
gi_dan2987
Weps

Downloads: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylander_1314 View Post
What version of TMO are you running, and are there any other mods aside from it?
I'm not running any other mods. There was somebody in another thread that said something about turning down anti aliasing? I let my computer run 24/7 because powers down after a certain amount of time anyhow, I also have speed fan to control the temp of my GPU.
gi_dan2987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-12, 04:13 PM   #3704
Narco
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 31

Hey guys, having a bit of a problem. Whenever I start the game with TMO activated the loading bar gets to 100% then I get an error saying,

"There is a new (not implemented) page: <Page ChooseLoadSave> !"

If I click off this error I get a load of others along the same vein. I'm running SH4 with Uboat missions, activating the mod using JSGME.

Cheers.
Narco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-12, 05:37 PM   #3705
gAiNiAc
Weps

Downloads: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narco View Post
Hey guys, having a bit of a problem. Whenever I start the game with TMO activated the loading bar gets to 100% then I get an error saying,

"There is a new (not implemented) page: <Page ChooseLoadSave> !"

If I click off this error I get a load of others along the same vein. I'm running SH4 with Uboat missions, activating the mod using JSGME.

Cheers.
Sounds like you're install didn't properly upgrade to 1.5....