SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-10-09, 08:30 AM   #106
SH999
Sailor man

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece
Quote:
Your firts pic at stock 1024x768, when using the WS mod, the image must be elongate in it's high (with black bars at sides). In your pic it's normal, not elongate.
It was elongated with bars to the left and right but the ingame snapshot that I posted (Ctrl-F11) doesn't show the bars, I could show you but only if I get a camera shot.
Sorry to drag it on. I get you now. The point I was making is that if you look at your 'full' screenshot that you posted last it shows the expected aspect of 1.6, that to some reason you don't see on your monitor. But even then if you look at what you can see in the left/right sides of your full screenshot is the same what you would see on the sides of the normal 4:3 picture, same FOV wide-wise. For example in FSX your field of view grows wide-wise if you increase resolution for your wide screen, unlike in SHIII or IL-2. And yes, I got you, your question was different.

SHIII.

PS: Unfortunately I can't see why I would want to have the same but kinda 'zoomed-in' FOV wide-wise using this tweak but truncated top and bottom compared to the original game. If I could really see 'wider' in the game indeed using this tweak on my wider monitor, I would put up with the trancated top and bottom parts.
But these are just my thoughts, I hope someone will convince me of the opposite.

Thanks.

Last edited by SH999; 02-10-09 at 08:49 AM.
SH999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-09, 08:50 AM   #107
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171
This Is Nuts!!

@ SH999, see Rubini's first page to see what it is supposed to look like.
@ Coronas, Fincuan & Rubini, Ok Tried with Vsync off, monitor set to 60hz, and game/desktop same resolution (1680x1050), I tried 6 times with all possible combinations of the CCC settings shown in Post #92, but still only zooms in in all settings. Starting to think it's an nvidia only thing! or it's just prejudice against my system, yeh that's it, can I cry now Rubini?

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-09, 08:55 AM   #108
SH999
Sailor man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece
@ SH999, see Rubini's first page to see what it is supposed to look like.
Thanks, that's it. It is exactly what I was saying, fixed FOV (1024), no magic unfortunately. The big job is just to change all the flatten 2D rounds.
Old 02-10-09, 09:00 AM   #109
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

@ SH999, Yep, now do you have an ATI card and wide LCD, if so please see if you can get it to work, it's JSGME ready so easy to put in and out!

Old 02-10-09, 10:08 AM   #110
SH999
Sailor man

Reece, fortunately or unfortunately I'm a long-time nVidia user. I've just noticed that ATI contorl panel in that shot is missing one setting that is available in nVidia's cp, it is USE MONTOR's scaling capabilities (or smth like that in English). Generally it may be helpful if your OS recognizes your monitor (vs. standard monitor) or you install a specific driver for your monitor. Sorry, can not helpful here more than this.

SH999.
Old 02-10-09, 02:16 PM   #111
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

@Reece

Ok this is what I meant by monitor controlled flat panel scaling in NCP.

Now I'm not sure if you have it in CCC but it may be worth flicking thru the tabs to see if you have the option. This is a ridiculous question, but I'm guessing your using the latest drivers, tho I don't think this is driver related. If I can help any other way ....... just holla . On a side note do you have a crossfire system? When I ran SH3 in SLI mode the problems far outweighed the benefits. Best of luck.

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-09, 06:59 PM   #112
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Ati Users Please Test

Yes Furbar2Niner, the latest drivers, you said the same thing as SH999 said (USE MONITOR'S scaling)!! probably the same applies with Rubini, and since you have the same LCD monitor we can rule that out, it looks like this mod will only work with nvidia cards, or more to the point, software.
CAN ANYONE WITH AN ATI CARD PLEASE TEST THIS MOD? Thanks.

Old 02-11-09, 02:06 AM   #113
nikbear
Sea Lord

Downloads: 86

Reece,I have an Ati 1950 512mb AGP card,can I apply this mod mid patrol?If so I will give it ago 2night after work and report back
Old 02-11-09, 02:25 AM   #114
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

It should work mid patrol, though you could just try it in the Naval academy missions, a lot quicker to load, then exit and disable.

Old 02-15-09, 10:27 AM   #115
mbabbs
Watch

Downloads: 103

I have an ATI card and I have the problems described. In addition to the image being 'zoomed' in as shown I have noticed that selecting the Uzo on the bridge requires me to click to the left of it and if looking through any scope an odd bar appears at the top and bottom.
mbabbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-09, 07:52 PM   #116
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Yes I have come to the conclusion that it won't work with ATI cards, though I'm not convinced that it is a scaling problem.
Edit:
Quote:
requires me to click to the left of it
I have found that this may be caused by having the HiRes Mod set too high, I use 1280x768 & don't get the mouse disappearing at the bottom of the screen & also in the periscope view clicking the view to pan around I don't get the "Periscope Height" label popping up!!

Last edited by Reece; 02-15-09 at 08:13 PM.
Old 02-24-09, 12:52 PM   #117
pino69
Watch

Downloads: 102
Default Distorted map views

This mod is a good one and I wait for it for long time.
But the real problem with stretched high resolution is in the 2D map screens, specifically in the navMap and CombatMap views which are strongly distorted and can't be used for target tracking an firing solution calculations.
So IMHO, working on the map views is the priority.
Keep up the good work and thank you.
pino69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-09, 03:19 PM   #118
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

I have an idea, maybe it will work, maybe it won't. Looking in the CameraBehavior.ACT file I find:

Viewport....Normalized viewport coordinates.Left....Right...Top.Bottom...K..P..... ...........2..&... ........\CameraParams.cpp

What if you scaled the viewport coordinates to reflect the widescreen aspect ratio? Like decrease the height and leave the width alone?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 05:45 PM   #119
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerboy
I have an idea, maybe it will work, maybe it won't. Looking in the CameraBehavior.ACT file I find:

Viewport....Normalized viewport coordinates.Left....Right...Top.Bottom...K..P..... ...........2..&... ........\CameraParams.cpp

What if you scaled the viewport coordinates to reflect the widescreen aspect ratio? Like decrease the height and leave the width alone?
Hi Racerboy,

Thanks to look at this. I really don´t know how to change things on .act file (i thought that it was only a "described/help" type of file). I changed the viewport Right entry directly on the cameras.dat file.
The main problem on this mod continues to be the sun halo which is only partialy visible on the screen (but not totally absent).

Anvart help me with some ideas but I don´t had success. I´m sure that a simple fix will be found for this issue. Can you look at it more deeply?

Cheers,

Rubini.
Old 02-26-09, 06:14 PM   #120
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini
Thanks to look at this. I really don´t know how to change things on .act file (i thought that it was only a "described/help" type of file). I changed the viewport Right entry directly on the cameras.dat file.
The main problem on this mod continues to be the sun halo which is only partialy visible on the screen (but not totally absent).
not talking changing .ACT file, talking about changing the viewport coordinates in the cameras.dat file. Decrease the viewport height in the cameras.dat file thus scaling for widescreen (effectively changing the aspect ratio for the widescreen). Just something that came to mind. I have a 30" LCD widescreen so a fix for this would be great!
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote