Closed Thread

Old 01-24-17, 03:11 PM   #601
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I can't believe how fast Trump is going:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b070d8cad57fb4

Yep! He's going after women's rights to decide what happens to their unborn babies. I can't believe it ... it's surely going to fail. I love babies, but you can't tell a woman what to do after this many years of freedom to do what ever it is they please with their body.

I am pro-life too ... this fight was what that women's march Saturday was all about too and the organizers would not let pro-life women march with them, plus the main organizer was a Muslim. Not good says my early senses ... not to mention the rest of the boat Trump is rocking.

Wow! Just five days already ... I can't wait for spring to come and see how good he's doing.
Huffington Post is not the best IMO. BTW, it will be debated. Nothing was sweeping.

Again, Huffington Post hates Trump and is not shy about it. Every article will have a spin from my experience reading Huffington.
Old 01-24-17, 03:42 PM   #602
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubba View Post
at no time has any of Trumps lies or actions,, as of yet has cause American deaths
What about the fatalities caused by the drinking game during the election debates?
Old 01-24-17, 04:07 PM   #603
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Was Hillary not the nominee of the democrat party for president ???
What does that have to do with me? You obviously have either never read the majority of my posts, or only remember what's convenient to you.

How many times have I said that I consider myself a true independent? I look at each and every issue and decide on what I think are its own merits. How many times now have I said I voted for neither of the major candidates, finding both equally repugnant? Hillary is a crook, as far as I'm concerned. I don't really think Trump is that dishonest, but I do think he's a clown. I can only hope that he turns out to be better than that. Obama? I didn't think he was all that bad, though I do disagree with his political views. I felt pretty much the same way about Bush.

Quote:
Do you believe in the constitution and the founding of this great nation
Have you never read any of my several discussions on Constitutional Law? I am very well read, not only the Document itself, but what it's framers had to say about it. Did you know that James Madison, often called "The Father of the Constitution", while one of the few who actually claimed to be a Christian, was absolutely against having Congress open with prayers, and against Congressional chaplains, and especially against said chaplains being paid by the taxpayers? Many on the Right as well as the Left only see what they want to see, and claim Constitutional authority for their own biased agendas, which often have nothing to do with what the Framers intended.

Quote:
you seem to be left leaning
Not even close. In fact I just said in a reply to you that whenever I take one of those lengthy political tests I always seem to come up smack dab in the middle. I don't do that on purpose; I'm always as honest as I can be with my answers.

Quote:
so who is doing all the rioting,, certanly it's not us on the right..
I agree. My problem is that I tend to be as centrist as I can be when assessing history. I don't cut any slack for either side, and if I see either side doing something I consider wrong I'll say so. I don't claim to have any answers, or to know the truth about anything, but I also don't trust anyone who claims they do. Trumps lies are relatively minor, but then so were Bill Clinton's. I didn't like him, but I saw the Impeachment Hearings for what they were - a one-sided political witch-hunt. I don't believe Bush lied about Iraq, but I still think going there was a mistake. I don't trust the government, no matter who is running it. I think that anyone who believes that Hillary is evil incarnate and Trump is the Savior is very mistaken, and I equally believe that on anyone who thinks the opposite. No matter who is in charge it doesn't make a whole lot of difference to the final outcome.

As to "left-leaning", it depends on the topic. On some I support the Liberal view, and on other the Conservative view. It all comes down to what the individual subject means in relation to individual liberty. I do think that if you only give knee-jerk support to one side or the other you are limiting your own growth as well as contributing to the problem rather than contributing to the solution.

But that's just me.
Old 01-24-17, 04:11 PM   #604
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Yeah so?

Is it any more of a lie than telling people that they could keep their doctor?
No, it's not, but a lie is still a lie.

Also, when someone compared today's liars to Bush, weren't you the one who said that it didn't count because Bush was no longer president?
Old 01-24-17, 04:26 PM   #605
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
I do think that if you only give knee-jerk support to one side or the other you are limiting your own growth as well as contributing to the problem rather than contributing to the solution.
True. The possibility of discovering something that goes against your beliefs becomes a real and palpable fear. To avoid this one never seeks out apposing viewpoints and the hole just gets deeper. Eventually there is no way out of the hole.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 01-24-17, 04:45 PM   #606
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Trade balances, source: US Trade Ministry, whole year2015. Numbers in billions of $US

I still have not heard that soembody holds wepaons at Amnericn citizen'S sleeves to make them buy foreign products. Its just that the quality and design of American products seems to be less competitive on the global market than those of the internaitonal competitors. What Trump mist uinderstand is that it is not the job of the others to intentionally become weaker and sell less - but that American producers need to become better.

On the currency devaluing, the third world war already is running, and wins in pace. China, Russia, Europe and America as well all spent the last years to fuel it and to deliver a race for devaluing own curency as much as possible. If Trump now condemns China and Europe for that, he attacks others for what the US started with, and what it has practiced since many years.

I assume China likes Trump'S TTP decision. It can comfrotably pick up where the US has left, becoming the dominant hegemon itself. The Pacific and Far East region holds 85% of the global population and 60% of the global economic potential.

Last edited by Skybird; 01-24-17 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-24-17, 06:36 PM   #607
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Trump orders EPA contract freeze and media blackout, this blackout extends to the Agriculture Dept and the Interior Dept. All media requests or reports will be filtered by one department. What the heck are they afraid of!?!

Seems like Cheney's paranoia has spread to the Trump camp!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...KXU?li=BBnb7Kz

Al Capone
Old 01-24-17, 06:57 PM   #608
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Trump says China will not be allowed to keep the islands in the South China Sea. China says yes we will! What is Trump going to do, go to war!?!

Trump wants to move the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, now that will work out real well won't it! That move won't make anyone mad,lol Why doesn't he think things through first before he acts, has his common sense gone on vacation? If he has any that is!

Al Capone
Old 01-24-17, 07:51 PM   #609
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Huffington Post is not the best IMO. BTW, it will be debated. Nothing was sweeping.

Again, Huffington Post hates Trump and is not shy about it. Every article will have a spin from my experience reading Huffington.
Sorry my news link offended you I just grabbed the first one that I could that was pointing in the bad direction that Trump is headed with women's rights.

Hey eddie you know what would be neat? Keep a running track of what you just posted to see where all of this is going. Like this ... Trumps deeds are like on a teletype machine everyday now ... ding, ding, ding.

Quote:
Trump orders EPA contract freeze and media blackout, this blackout extends to the Agriculture Dept and the Interior Dept. All media requests or reports will be filtered by one department. What the heck are they afraid of!?!

Quote:
Trump says China will not be allowed to keep the islands in the South China Sea. China says yes we will! What is Trump going to do, go to war!?!

Trump wants to move the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, now that will work out real well won't it! That move won't make anyone mad,lol Why doesn't he think things through first before he acts, has his common sense gone on vacation? If he has any that is!
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 01-24-17, 08:18 PM   #610
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
I guess at the time he didn't think there was a rift,,and your fake news blew it out of porportion,, and yet the Democrats fielded a candidate that lied to Congress and the FBI,, Check Mate ,, mate

How come you weren't this upset when Obama and Hillary lied about Benghazi where 4 Americans died,, to save his butt in the 2012 election,,??? again Check and Mate..

at no time has any of Trumps lies or actions,, as of yet has cause American deaths
..and, again, none of the people noted above are sitting in the Oval Office at this moment and they have nothing to do with the current situation; also, the issue was never one of Trump's actions causing deaths, the issue is one of a blatant liar and, quite possibly, a sociopath, holding the seat of executive power in the US. You seem to be full of righteous rage about how others have lied and hold them to very strict standards; are your standards consistent or are they as wobbly as those who you vilify? To loudly proclaim a high moral standard and ground and then to blatantly ignore highly visible instances of the very lack of morality you decry, only when it is convenient to your cause, sounds an awful lot like...oh, what's the word?...oh, yeah, that's it...hypocrisy!...

So, what is it? Did you find an asterisk after "Thou Shalt Not Lie" that the rest of the world didn't find? Or is your morality merely a smoke screen for the fact your position, as stated by yourself, is indefensible?...

...and, oh yeah,...you're a lousy chess player...

<O>
Old 01-24-17, 08:57 PM   #611
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...KXU?li=BBnb7Kz
Golden Gate NPS is leading the revolution:

https://twitter.com/GoldenGateNPS/st...24278230695936

Twitter-troopers are already on their way I imagine.
Old 01-24-17, 10:33 PM   #612
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Liar, buffoon, egomaniac, who cares, at least he's getting things done.

Trump to sign executive orders enabling construction of proposed border wall and targeting sanctuary cities

Trump takes action to move forward with Keystone, Dakota Access pipelines

I find it amusing that the people who are hyperbolic-crazy angry at the guy are the most like him, personality-wise.
Old 01-24-17, 10:45 PM   #613
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Getting things done is one thing.

Getting the right things done...quite another.
Old 01-24-17, 10:47 PM   #614
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Also, when someone compared today's liars to Bush, weren't you the one who said that it didn't count because Bush was no longer president?
Could have been, depends on the context i suppose. Gotta link?

Quote:
No, it's not, but a lie is still a lie.
That cliche sounds all well and good but the truth is how many people saw the inauguration or didn't is not a lie equal to being sold a hugely expensive government boondoggle like the ACA with knowingly false statements.

This is because the latter lie affected the entire country, the former while yes a lie too i'm beginning to believe is just the presidents way of keeping the opposition fixated on something. Notice how this tripe dominates the discussion but what barely gets mentioned are the real important things he did today, like reopen stalled oil pipelines, meeting with us car execs, muzzling the EPA and raft of other far reaching actions, all crowded out by an stupid argument over nothing. He's playing the media like a fiddle at an Ozark Ho down.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 01-24-17, 11:51 PM   #615
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Send in the Clowns Feds!

Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter