SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-28-18, 05:55 AM   #1096
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Time for America to get back on the horse and give them CENSORED criminal Russians a CENSORED good thrashing and put them back in the box.

That was said to me by a mate who believes America has been far to fixed on NK and letting Russia get away with all sorts.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-18, 06:23 AM   #1097
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I take it you're not a fan then?
Due to him I want to use anti-flaky shampoo excessively, but I'm already as bald as the moon.
Old 04-28-18, 07:16 AM   #1098
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Icon12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Due to him I want to use anti-flaky shampoo excessively, but I'm already as bald as the moon.

In before Jim....Yes result.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-18, 07:18 AM   #1099
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

A whip a whip, my kingdom for a whip!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-18, 07:34 AM   #1100
Skybird
Soaring

"Bald" not meaning "kahlköpfig"?
Old 04-30-18, 03:48 PM   #1101
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

http://www.ibtimes.com/koreas-unite-...ainful-2676466

Quote:
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un said his country will reset their clocks to match that of its neighboring country, during a summit with South Korean leader Moon Jae-in on Friday.

The decision to move its nation’s clock forward by 30 minutes and unifying the time zones of the two halves of the Korean peninsula was taken by Kim after he found it “heartbreaking” to see two clocks showing different times for Pyongyang and Seoul, hanging at the summit’s venue at the border village of Panmunjom.
"Since it was we who changed the time standard, we will return to the original one. You can make it public," Kim was quoted as saying by Yoon.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-18, 08:37 PM   #1102
Delgard
Skipper

Downloads: 48

The trick is finding the changes that KJU does that actually make a difference towards continued heavy sanctions or peace.

I hope Trump plays the bad cop along with the UN and Japan. SK playing the good cop.

So far, NK has only done some lip service. NKs nuke testing site has not been operational for 7 months, and they can't fix it. "Closing" it in May is nothing.

Just have to keep watching to see who scores points.
Delgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-18, 06:07 AM   #1103
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Just for the record, I vote this is a scam by the attention-hungry Kim. It sounds nice but I cannot buy that the NKs will give up all their advances in nuclear arms.
Old 05-01-18, 07:25 AM   #1104
Skybird
Soaring

Their testing sites, a mountain area, has collapsed, due to geological instability it cannot be used for testing nuclear explosions anymore. Not before this event Kim announced, all of a sudden, that they want to close that site, and he sells it as an end to the NKorean ambition to get nukes...?

Same as with Iran. Iran never stopped wanting to build a bomb. Netanyahu now showed if no new evidence at least that the Iranians have based their negotiations on massive lying about the amount of their data collection (he also compromised the enormous capabilities of the Israeli intel service, which imo was a mistake, for his demonstration will not convince anyone in Europe anyway, but will wake up Israel'S enemies).

I think its just a question of time until we will learn - or will be taught - for the better about Kim's real intentions. He was a wolf in sheep's clothing during his visit.
Old 05-01-18, 09:05 AM   #1105
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

I do not believe one word any side says.
It all stinks to the high heavens.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-18, 09:19 AM   #1106
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Are you telling us you're in the high heavens?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-18, 12:03 PM   #1107
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Icon13 CHINA WANTS 'IN' ON THE SUMMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYBIRD
I think nothing in the Korean problem is what it seems to be, and most likely China plays a double game here. They want a second front against the US in the Asian waters battlezone area, and that is N-Korea.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2505092&postcount=219 http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=230409&page=23
Quote:
Originally Posted by akbby
Since KimmyBBY cannot be insane and keep his head in a country like N. Korea his actions continue to impress me that he is the mineshaft canary for China to test Western RIMPAC resolve by any means especially as the illegal expansion into Tibet and the South China Sea are still #1 on China's longterm economic expansion agenda. Our distracted immediate focus on N. Korea thus serves China's long-term interests. Continued US presence on the Korean peninsula is distinctly antithetical to that geopolitical interest, much as Cuba, and egotistical Castro, was the patsy in the 60's missile crises test of the Monroe Doctrine. In that matter, we owe one to Mr Mikoyan:
TODAY'S WSJ ARTICLE-OVERLORD CHINA IS TIPPING ITS GREEDY VELVET-HAND HERE
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSJ
BEIJING—China’s sending its foreign minister to North Korea as Beijing seeks to avoid being sidelined by its neighbor’s top-level negotiations with Seoul and Washington.
Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi is scheduled to visit North Korea on Wednesday and Thursday at the invitation of his North Korean counterpart, Ri Yong Ho, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said on Monday.
Though no agenda was released, Mr. Wang’s visit comes on the heels of Friday’s summit between the leaders of North and South Korea, where the two sides agreed to seek a peace treaty to end the Korean War. On Sunday, the South Korean presidential office said the North’s Kim Jong Un had committed to closing its nuclear test site in May.
With planning under way for a summit between Mr. Kim and President Donald Trump in coming weeks, analysts said Beijing is anxious to gain insight into those negotiations and secure a Chinese role in any multilateral talks that might follow.
“One very important thing for China is to know what happens, as it happens, before it happens. China needs to feel it knows what is going on,” said James Reilly, an associate professor of international relations at the University of Sydney. He pointed to China’s and North Korea’s strained relations of recent years, saying “trust has been damaged and this is the process of rebuilding it and opening communication.”
China is North Korea’s only ally and biggest trade partner. Relations soured over North Korea’s nuclear and missile programs and more recently over Beijing’s tighter enforcement of trade sanctions.
Mr. Kim made a fence-mending trip to Beijing in late March—his first ever meeting with President Xi Jinping —to secure China’s backing ahead of its recent diplomatic efforts, analysts said, and to pave the way for loosening United Nations sanctions that have squeezed the North Korean economy. Foreign Minister Wang may discuss plans for a follow-up visit by Mr. Xi to Pyongyang, analysts said.
Chinese officials have long urged Pyongyang and Washington to hold direct talks.
Amid the recent weeks of fast-moving diplomacy, however, China has grown concerned that it is being marginalized in negotiations over the Korean Peninsula and that a potential agreement between Pyongyang, Seoul and Washington might not reflect Chinese interests, diplomats and analysts said.
Hosting Chinese Foreign Minister Wang and briefing him on Mr. Kim’s meeting with South Korean President Moon Jae-in is a way “to show North Korea really respects China and wants to keep close coordination with China going forward,” said Zhao Tong, a fellow at the Carnegie-Tsinghua Center for Global Policy in Beijing.
Mr. Zhao said China likely will want to secure a role in the dismantling of North Korea’s test site. South Korea’s presidential office said on Sunday that Mr. Kim committed to close the site by May and to discuss inviting U.S. and South Korean experts and journalists to verify the closure.
Also likely on Mr. Wang’s agenda is securing China’s involvement in negotiations with the U.S. and North and South Korea on turning the armistice that ended the 1950-53 Korean War into a peace treaty, Mr. Zhao said.
In a joint declaration issued at Friday’s inter-Korean summit, North and South Korea agreed to “actively pursue” either three-way talks involving the U.S., or four-way ones also involving China, on establishing a permanent peace regime.
CHINA IS KEEPING A WATCHFUL EYE ON ITS FAT BOYTOY! IMHO: THEY'VE NO BUSINESS INVITING THEMSELVES TO A TRUMP-MOON-FATBOY SUMMIT AT THE DMV.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-18, 12:03 PM   #1108
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
I do not believe one word any side says.
It all stinks to the high heavens.
Agreed but I've even less faith in anything Kim says.

Quote:
I sat up most of the night watching it live and without wishing to appear to be overly cynical I can't help thinking to myself that this could be one of the biggest political con jobs for decades.

If Kim Jong-un gives up everything he has achieved despite the human sacrifices he has forced on his people during the whole sad process, I can see his military seeing that as a sign of weakness and bringing about change at the top.

China must have given some serious guarantees around security and protection to him.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-18, 12:36 PM   #1109
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

The real con job here has been getting the US taxpayer to fund (whatever the hell this is) for almost the last 70 years. We walked away from Vietnam and that didn't turn out so awful.
Old 05-01-18, 01:11 PM   #1110
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Aktungbby posted:

Quote:
China needs to feel it knows what is going on,” said James Reilly, an associate professor of international relations at the University of Sydney.
I think China already knows what is going on ... they already had a little secret meeting between Kim and president for life in China remember a few weeks ago on Kim's fathers private rail train.

China has probably (more than likely) already promised to nuke America if we do anything to NK and Kim is all buttery with Sk over something. I didn't even know Kim could smile till last week.

Whatever is going to happen the USA will win and I hope our troops can come home leaving a big hole in SK's ability to protect itself on it's own.

Good grief seventy (70) years is long enough to wait for peace
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
korea, north korea