Closed Thread

Old 06-20-18, 03:39 PM   #4846
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
this is not about democrats or republicans, it is about one big error who became 'president'.
I've said it before. I'll say it again. The USA dodge a bullet by not electing Hillary Clinton as president. I don't call it a mistake I call it damn good luck.

Quote:
i need one look and listen to one sentence, and what this blubbering something talks about, and especially *how* it says it and which vocabulary it uses. If l no one sees or understands what this is about...
Have fun making America great again, i'm out.
Come on man. The last guy was a very eloquent speaker. He was smooth. He could sing, dance and play basketball. Lovely family man. The question is was he a good president? Are you going to judge him by how he spoke? Less than two years after he left office we are finding out just how corrupt that administration was. And we haven't heard it all yet. The IG report on the FISA warrant applications should be just as telling as the Clinton investigation report was.

Look, I'm no fan of Donald Trump by any stretch. I wish he'd throw his phone in the Potomac River, stop with the personal attacks and get a damn hair cut. That being said I think he has a long way to go in catching up to the last guy in terms of corruption. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 06-20-18, 03:47 PM   #4847
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Right like you have any clue at all what the Presidents reasons might be.
Old 06-20-18, 03:56 PM   #4848
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

...so….despite all the out of control vitriol coming from the now totally deranged anti-Trump forces…

turns out Trump's approval rating of 45% is exactly the same as that of Obama in june 2010:

Quote:
Not only that, but Trump's approval in this poll is now equal to Obama's at the same point in Obama's presidency. Gallup had Obama at 45% approval by late June 2010.
https://www.investors.com/politics/e...ma-popularity/

and if you look at the Real Clear politics poll numbers, his approval rating keeps going up and has gone up even higher among Republicans, before it was around 80%, now it is hovering around 90%.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

as others have noted, when the media reports every story as if it is the end of the world, ordinary voters start to tune out...
Old 06-20-18, 04:06 PM   #4849
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

This article sums up exactly why the left is frothing at the mouth, and so dishonestly worried about "children".

Quote:
He Fights
https://townhall.com/columnists/evan...ights-n2354580
Old 06-20-18, 04:31 PM   #4850
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
This article sums up exactly why the left is frothing at the mouth, and so dishonestly worried about "children".

https://townhall.com/columnists/evan...ights-n2354580

I love this part:

Quote:
Trump is fighting. And what’s particularly delicious is that, like Patton standing over the battlefield as his tanks obliterated Rommel’s, he’s shouting, “You magnificent bastards, I read your book!” That is just the icing on the cake, but it’s wonderful to see that not only is Trump fighting, he’s defeating the Left using their own tactics.That book is Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals – a book so essential to the Liberals’ war against America that it is and was the playbook for the entire Obama administration and the subject of Hillary Clinton’s senior thesis. It is a book of such pure evil, that, just as the rest of us would dedicate our book to those we most love or those to whom we are most indebted, Alinsky dedicated his book to Lucifer.

Trump’s tweets may seem rash and unconsidered but, in reality, he is doing exactly what Alinsky suggested his followers do.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 06-20-18, 05:03 PM   #4851
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
...so….despite all the out of control vitriol coming from the now totally deranged anti-Trump forces…

turns out Trump's approval rating of 45% is exactly the same as that of Obama in june 2010:

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...ma-popularity/

and if you look at the Real Clear politics poll numbers, his approval rating keeps going up and has gone up even higher among Republicans, before it was around 80%, now it is hovering around 90%.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

as others have noted, when the media reports every story as if it is the end of the world, ordinary voters start to tune out...

I thought that polls were all fake and not to be trusted.

I wished people would make up their mind
Old 06-20-18, 05:06 PM   #4852
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post

They aren't to be trusted which makes Trumps numbers even more impressive. They're probably 10% or so on the low side.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 06-21-18, 05:39 AM   #4853
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post

That is a simplistic view of a complex situation, so no I am not surprised that is the only thing you understood.
Old 06-21-18, 06:09 AM   #4854
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
I've said it before. I'll say it again. The USA dodge a bullet by not electing Hillary Clinton as president. I don't call it a mistake I call it damn good luck.

Come on man. The last guy was a very eloquent speaker. He was smooth. He could sing, dance and play basketball. Lovely family man. The question is was he a good president? Are you going to judge him by how he spoke? Less than two years after he left office we are finding out just how corrupt that administration was. And we haven't heard it all yet. The IG report on the FISA warrant applications should be just as telling as the Clinton investigation report was.

Look, I'm no fan of Donald Trump by any stretch. I wish he'd throw his phone in the Potomac River, stop with the personal attacks and get a damn hair cut. That being said I think he has a long way to go in catching up to the last guy in terms of corruption. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Same here, I'm more happy now than ever Trump beat Hillary.

One thing about him, he sure has revealed how vulgar the liberals can be, and how corrupt the media is. Freakin NPR, I can't even listen to them now. It's always some one-sided piece about the plight of "people of color", transgender heroes, and poor pitiful "migrants".
Old 06-21-18, 07:49 AM   #4855
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

The Onion seems to be able to just write actual news these days and they are just as funny and bewildering as the satire they usually write.

Political Scientists Baffled By Trump’s Ability To End Something He Had No Control Over Just Days Ago

Quote:
NEW HAVEN, CT—At a loss to explain the mysterious nature of the president’s powers, political scientists were reportedly baffled Wednesday by Donald Trump’s ability to end the practice of separating families who cross the U.S. border seeking asylum mere days after stating that he had no control over it. “Just yesterday, he was explaining that his hands were tied and there was nothing he could do to stop children and infants from being forcibly torn away from their parents and put into cages—but then today, out of nowhere, he suddenly issued an executive order doing just that!” said Bruce Ackerman, a constitutional law professor at Yale University, remarking that this inexplicable development will fundamentally upend how the presidency is understood, because there is no theory in the entire field of political science that explains how it could be possible. “No new amendments to the Constitution have been passed, so the powers vested in the Executive Branch should be the same today as they were yesterday, right? And yet somehow, they have changed! Decades of research will be required before we can even begin to comprehend such a phenomenon. In the meantime, we can only sit back and wonder if there are any other powers the president has yet to discover.” At press time, sources confirmed Ackerman and his colleagues had flipped over an original copy of the Constitution and found a list of previously unknown executive powers that appeared to have been hastily scrawled in with a ballpoint pen.
Old 06-21-18, 07:56 AM   #4856
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Same here, I'm more happy now than ever Trump beat Hillary.

One thing about him, he sure has revealed how vulgar the liberals can be, and how corrupt the media is. Freakin NPR, I can't even listen to them now. It's always some one-sided piece about the plight of "people of color", transgender heroes, and poor pitiful "migrants".

Sounds about right. I'd add that he's revealed that there actually is/was a democrat "deep state" also.
Old 06-21-18, 09:42 AM   #4857
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Have fun making America great again, i'm out.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online  
Old 06-21-18, 02:56 PM   #4858
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
That is a simplistic view of a complex situation, so no I am not surprised that is the only thing you understood.
I am just going on what your Dear Leader said.
Old 06-21-18, 03:22 PM   #4859
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." - H.L. Mencken
Old 06-21-18, 03:36 PM   #4860
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
One thing about him, he sure has revealed how vulgar the liberals can be, and how corrupt the media is.
That is so true. I'm amazed at how well educated and supposedly well informed people have lost their common sense. The left/Liberals/progressives are in a perpetual state of outrage that boarders on lunacy. And that's the polititians and the media. The Hollywood types have gone right over the edge.

Trump must go to sleep every night with a smile on his face.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter