SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-25-10, 01:31 AM   #181
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0
welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptroyce View Post
IGD- Thanks for the reply..Uh, replies to my query..Uh queries.
Next time I'll need to be cognizant of my P's and Q's..literally..well, not literally, but "figuratively literally".

Regards,
Royce
You are most welcome, sir. It is one of the few questions I, ignorant as I am re SH4, can answer with a degree (high degree?) of accuracy.

I nominated the Solution Solver and Easy Aob for mods of the year in 2009. Gutted's achievement is remarkable indeed, and niclolas/ddrgn started the technogolical breakthough a few months earlier by introducing and perfecting the EasyAob mod, which had over 4,000 hits in the first few months after it was introduced. We owe them for enhancing the quality of the game where is counts the most--sinking the enemy. Plus the more targets struck, the more satisfying it is, the more beers we guzzle, the drunker we are, the more we play, and so on indefinitely until our computers are repossessed because we have stopped working and devoted full time to bringing the Jap empire to its knees. It has been a Win, Win, hiccup...Win!

If you want to blow your mind, take a hard look at MOBO. Even its well crafted instructions, which are 40 plus pages, establish that aaronblood, its author, lives in a universe many of us humans will never experience or go where we are boldly incapable of ever going (as I paraphrase the original introduction to Star Trek, and rather poorly I might add.)
PHP Code:
[PHP
[/PHP]

Last edited by I'm goin' down; 05-25-10 at 12:17 PM.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-10, 10:14 AM   #182
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Easy AoB, Solution Solver and MoBo are must haves for sub simming. Great achievements and I thanks the folks for developing and supporting them!

Well done!

So all of you that don't use them run and download them NOW!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-10, 08:41 AM   #183
commandosolo2009
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 132

could this be tailored for Ipad? would make all the difference in the world, instead of alt tabbing...
commandosolo2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-14, 05:36 PM   #184
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

This is worth a necro...

Holy Crap! what a great stand alone program.

I agree, this really really is a must have
Old 05-29-15, 09:06 PM   #185
mbolton1
Nub

Downloads: 4
Default AOB - AOK

[QUOTE=gutted;1180171]
Solution Solver 1.3.3

Download version 1.3.3 here

I don't have any real problem computing the AOB with the natural tools. The stop clock method is too much additional work. I usually use the map, or just eyeball it - and accuracy is generally pretty good. MY problem is in using the assisted targeting. Can't hit the side of a barn with this method - even with a green arrow. I'd rather do it myself.
mbolton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-15, 05:33 PM   #186
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbolton1 View Post

I don't have any real problem computing the AOB with the natural tools. The stop clock method is too much additional work. I usually use the map, or just eyeball it - and accuracy is generally pretty good. MY problem is in using the assisted targeting. Can't hit the side of a barn with this method - even with a green arrow. I'd rather do it myself.
I'm not clear on what you mean here.

I don't know what the 'natural tools' or 'stop clock method' for AOB determination are. I believe eyeballing was the most often used method, and usually what I use.

I also don't know what you mean by 'assisted targeting'. Do you mean manual targeting, or auto-targeting?

TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote