SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-07, 10:47 AM   #121
panthercules
The Old Man

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by poor sailor
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthercules
So - does anybody have a working link to the 2.4 update? I D/L'd NYGM 2.2 a while ago, but haven't been back to base for a long time so never got around to installing it - I'd planned to try it out at version 2.4 when I finish my current patrol, but none of the links to the 2.4 update seem to be working for me at the moment.

If the links are busted for now, has anybody got a copy of 2.4 they can upload somewhere?
http://files.filefront.com/NYGM2_47z.../fileinfo.html
Thanks, but that link also seems not to be working - I keep getting this error message every time i try it :

There was an error processing your request; it appears to be invalid or there was an error with your conection. Please wait while your request is retried...

Then it just hangs forever - anybody got a link that works?
Old 03-17-07, 11:08 AM   #122
poor sailor
XO

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So - does anybody have a working link to the 2.4 update? I D/L'd NYGM 2.2 a while ago, but haven't been back to base for a long time so never got around to installing it - I'd planned to try it out at version 2.4 when I finish my current patrol, but none of the links to the 2.4 update seem to be working for me at the moment.

If the links are busted for now, has anybody got a copy of 2.4 they can upload somewhere?
Thanks, but that link also seems not to be working - I keep getting this error message every time i try it :

There was an error processing your request; it appears to be invalid or there was an error with your conection. Please wait while your request is retried...

Then it just hangs forever - anybody got a link that works?
I will upload this mod for You!
Old 03-17-07, 12:06 PM   #123
poor sailor
XO

Here you go http://files.filefront.com/NYGM2_47z.../fileinfo.html
Old 03-17-07, 01:55 PM   #124
panthercules
The Old Man

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Thanks so much - this one seems to be working
Old 03-17-07, 02:20 PM   #125
poor sailor
XO

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks so much - this one seems to be working
No problem, I'm glad to help.
Old 03-17-07, 02:49 PM   #126
kjuice
Seaman

Downloads: 22

thank you also from me, i was having the same problem. all links on file fronnt were dead ended. Having just recovered from a comp crash, i can get back into it. this time i will save onto disk.
Old 03-18-07, 09:54 PM   #127
jimmie
Lieutenant

Downloads: 0

Those links to the file description page somehow doesn't have a link to the actual file. Try uploader's page which contains a list of all uploaded files such as this:

http://hosted.filefront.com/poorsailor

and click on "download now" link; don't click the link on the name of the file.

The thing is, winrar gives me error upon extracting the 7zip file and I wonder if they're corrupted.

Update: file by poorsailor has no problem.

Last edited by jimmie; 03-18-07 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-19-07, 05:42 AM   #128
poor sailor
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie
Those links to the file description page somehow doesn't have a link to the actual file. Try uploader's page which contains a list of all uploaded files such as this:

http://hosted.filefront.com/poorsailor

and click on "download now" link; don't click the link on the name of the file.

The thing is, winrar gives me error upon extracting the 7zip file and I wonder if they're corrupted.

Update: file by poorsailor has no problem.
Yes, I'm right now tested the file and has no errors. This is the original file I've downloaded from DTB link when the update was released.
Old 03-19-07, 06:38 AM   #129
Corsair
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 51

Just for info, while searching on UBRS last night, I found the NYGM TW 2.2 mod is in the Grey Wolves section...

NYGM 3.4A / Living SH3 V5.1 + SH3 Commander
Old 03-19-07, 07:07 AM   #130
jimmie
Lieutenant

I haven't played SH3 for some while but the open hatch mod alone made me fire it up again. Alright, now there's very unlikely any answer from NYGM team, I have some questions if you guys know the answer...

1) DTB says in ver 2 manual that crash depth of VII is 325m. Is it true (I mean under NYGM)? I got the sound which may be representing hull damage at about 235m.

2) DDs are very deadly since ver 2. I can't remember how many times I could escape from them at shallower than 100m once detected, 1 knot silent running wouldn't save my as*. But it seems I can simply be quiet and wait at deeper than 165m... Am I may be observating too casually (with only a few samples of experience)?

3) Anyone experienced a situation where the sub is sinking after ordering shallower depth than current and there's no visible damge shown in the crew screen? (this may be related to anti-humming thing + crash-dive C key?)

4) Anyone experiences CTD after 6 - 8 hours of playing or crash dialog at game termination? (this is probably only me tho. This crash is kind of resemble to hot hardware related crash but since it's not got that hot I wonder..)

5) This is not really a NYGM question but... when I read "try to minimize your profile to counter ASDIC"... while I get the idea about this, but when you're pinged by a couple of DDs, you are 1 knot shut-up slow snail who takes 3 minutes even to make a 90 degree turn while they're 30 times faster and circling around you. How on the earth can you head your bow at his as* or head so that to minimize your profile to them in this kind of situation?

Last edited by jimmie; 03-19-07 at 07:19 AM.
Old 03-19-07, 05:10 PM   #131
Corsair
Ace of the Deep

4. Since i have a dual install NYGM / GWX I have sometimes the crash dialog bug on exiting the game. Not everytime though and doesn't seem to hurt anything...

5. Imho the idea of the minimum profile is to use before you have been located. Once you have 2 DDs circling around you, not much you can do in this respect... The urgency is to avoid DCs. Most of the time one will make the DC runs while the other is moving slow listening. Once you localize this one thru the hydrophone (as i don't use external cam, I sit at the sound station when under attack) try as much as you can to have a minimal profile to this one...

Old 03-21-07, 05:04 AM   #132
jimmie
Lieutenant

Thanks Corsair, it looks like 4) is indeed most probably my system: hardware/driver related, I guess. Actually it seemed like corrupted nForce driver.

I like NYGM pacakge over other mega mods so I use it, but enemy sensor seems a bit superhuman in ver 2.4 (I guess it's same since 2.2).

I've played Gibraltar mission and triple Revenge mission about 30 times to check enemy'd detection ability. In Gibraltar mission, I get detected with: silent running, 2 knots or 1 knot, and no matter how deep I am (tested about between 100m - 210m). It is probably enemys were at "high alart" but getting detected under such condition feels a bit unWWII.. In triple Revenge mission, once mission starts, I stir to various degrees between 35 - 60 port, with 2 knots or 1 knot, and remain at periscope depth. When 1st Revenge is at about 3km, one of DDs is always very close to me (this is not natural for their coruse). The thing is, I always get detected and slummed and depth charged at the same time by him. I didn't even rasie periscope. I don't know the historical value but to me this also feels a bit too advanced technology for the time. They didn't show me a sign of my detection upon mission start (checked via external view).

But this is not critisize to the mod; I think NYGM team did what they achieved their best (hey, thanks for the hard work seriously). So to my personal preference...I tweaked enemy hydro sensor a biiiit - lowered the noise value by 0.02. So let's see how this feels now...

BTW, I finally made a sucess with Gibraltar mission with ver 2.4! It took me about 10 real world hours. Most time I had to go about 200m at 2 konts silent. It's very hard to get out of their screen once detected (15+ DDs in max and crazy pingers). 1 knot silent and still gets detected (even after 3-4km away from the centor of death circle) At last I had some battery still but CO2 level was near critical and it would have been a guranteed death had I once more detected (200m, 2knots silent). I managed to not detected at last and could give crew the fresh air finally. I found a tiny British convoy (1 DD and 2 cargos) on the way La Spatia but I didn't even bother to try to sink... So, I mostly won't be killed at 200m but I might not be able to get up due to enemy detection.

PS. Will those text files not saved in ISO-8859 be result in a immediate CDT?
Old 04-07-07, 03:31 AM   #133
Sardaukar67
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 47

Is NYGM still worked on ? Just installing it as my first mod after playing stock till 1942.

Also, I d/lled twice the file on TeddyBar's Filefront page and it seems to be corrupted.

OK..now got it..this works:

Last edited by Sardaukar67; 04-07-07 at 03:52 AM.
Old 04-07-07, 05:04 AM   #134
Corsair
Ace of the Deep

Unfortunately, due to real life issues the NYGM team has clearly stated the 2.4 version would be the last one. Personnally am quite happy with it...

Old 04-07-07, 11:52 AM   #135
Sardaukar67
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 47

By the way..is there reason why max time compression of 1024x is to be set for NYGM ? Is it something in game engine or why ? I'm experienced with AOD/CAOD but just recently got into SHIII...and I loved that in AOD you could go up to 4096x.
Closed Thread