SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-14, 12:43 PM   #1
FalcoGooner
Nub

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default Need help escaping destroyers

I was happily sailing and searching for merchants to sunk. Sunk one for 4707 tonnage. Then, after a couple of hours my WO spotted a task force of 4 destroyers. Dive to periscope depth, already too late. They saw me. At that moment i was around 300 km north of Hull and the water there is about 60-80m deep.

I dived as deep as I could and was evading depth charges very nicely for about one hour. After that everything stopped. I thought thank god, they were gone. Went to periscope depth, raised my periscope and I saw one of the destroyers directly in front of me, quickly prepared everything before its too late, launched 3 torpedos at him, he went down, what a nice scene. Then suddenly new contacts, turned around and saw other 3 destroyers coming back.

I sunk back down, and the waiting game started. The 3 of them were furious. Dropping depth charges like crazy, destroyed my periscope, deck gun and done some other damage but managed to repair it. After couple of hours of chasing they ran out of depth charges. They called in aircrafts but all of them missed me.

All that was happening around 14 or 15 o'clock. Now the time is 21 o'clock and the 3 destroyers are still pinging me. They don't have anymore depth charges, but they wont let me go.

My batteries are down to 10-15%, i cant dive deeper, my CO2 levels are getting dangerously high and I'm pretty far from the safety of Germany. I tried once to surface and make a run for it but no luck, had to dive back down. At this point if I had a functioning periscope it would be perfect because they have no more depth charges...

Is there any way to get away from them? I just cant wait anymore longer at the bottom. Looks like this is it for U-46

Thanks!

I'm using Gwx and no other mods.
FalcoGooner is offline   Reply With Quote